Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Oh great- message for case not received on ebay

I just received a message for a case of Topps Chrome I sold on ebay being not received. The tracking information shows it delivered yesterday. It was fully insured as well as I paid extra. What am I supposed to do? It was shipped UPS.
neahcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Call UPS and see who signed for it. You should also be able to check the signature information through their Website.
tajikey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

This is the information included in the "proof of delivery"

Proof of Delivery
Close Window Dear Customer,

This notice serves as proof of delivery for the shipment listed below.

Tracking Number: 1Z14X0180377063034 Service: UPS Ground Weight: 11.90 lbs Shipped/Billed On: 08/29/2012 Delivered On: 09/04/2012 1:48 P.M. Delivered To: URBANDALE, IA, US Left At: Front Door Sincerely,

UPS

Tracking results provided by UPS: 09/05/2012 2:14 P.M. ET
Old 09-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

You did require signature right?????
californiakron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Wait? You bought insurance, and the package was not signed for? In my opinion, whether or not its part of the price you paid to ship, that's not okay.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

you did require signature right?

If you did and they didnt sign for it, then UPS is at fault.
If you did not, you will have to fight the case. Even though it shows delivered anything OVER $250 bucks on eBay requires signature confirmation.
Romans 1:16 #unashamed
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=270+=100%(All Positive)
PDawson21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDawson21 View Post
you did require signature right?

If you did and they didnt sign for it, then UPS is at fault.
If you did not, you will have to fight the case. Even though it shows delivered anything OVER $250 bucks on eBay requires signature confirmation.
And assuming he insured it for over $250, UPS would hence require signature, right?
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

I think you actually have to request to have it signed for through UPS.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

A lot of the times they (the drivers) don't even ask you to sign. I know for my business, the driver just hands the packages over to me without getting the signature. When Topps chrome released, I sold my 2 cases and requested the signature confirmation. Ups simply left the package at the door and never obtained the signature.

It is also possible that they're trying to pull a fast one on you.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
And assuming he insured it for over $250, UPS would hence require signature, right?
Negative, you have to request it.

Delivery Confirmation: UPS will mail you a confirmation of delivery without a signature.

Signature Required: UPS will obtain the recipient's signature or other electronic acknowledgement of receipt from the recipient when this option is selected and provide you with a printed copy. You may also view the recipient's signature or electronic acknowledgement of receipt online.

Adult Signature Required: UPS will obtain the adult recipient's signature and provide you with a printed copy. Adult recipients must be at least 21. You may also view the adult recipient's signature online.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #11 (permalink)

Insured packages by UPS do not have to be signed for. I get them dropped on the porch. When I get orders from Blowout over a certain amount they require a sig. But another unnamed company gives you the option to purchase insurance (mainly to protect against damage) but are always delivered to the porch if I'm not home.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

I'm dealing with this right now- online chat- I'm not even sure if I required adult signature which is absolute bullsh** because I paid 35 freaking dollars for insurance- I thought it was included. The UPS Store agent was rude and rushing me and never asked me about sig confirmation. I thought it was included with the insurance or automatic due to the value. Oh god I hope this doesn't come back on me. I'm wondering if the guy is just trying to take advantage if he realized there was no signature confirmation.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neahcrow View Post
I'm dealing with this right now- online chat- I'm not even sure if I required adult signature which is absolute bullsh** because I paid 35 freaking dollars for insurance- I thought it was included. The UPS Store agent was rude and rushing me and never asked me about sig confirmation. I thought it was included with the insurance or automatic due to the value. Oh god I hope this doesn't come back on me. I'm wondering if the guy is just trying to take advantage if he realized there was no signature confirmation.
people that know the system well. and as soon as they don't have to sign they know the deal, so i would not doubt it for one second... good luck in getting it resolved.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #14 (permalink)

if it was insured there is nothing to worry about - ups loses

buyer is probably a thief especially by just firing off a claim without asking seller questions first. this happened to me one time & i advised the buyer everything would be taken care of but a police report needed to be made first & i would call them to follow up. also stated i wanted to talk to him on the phone about the situation (most people dont want any contact that way if they are scamming). turned out the "neighbor" had it...
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Insurance w/UPS doesn't work like the USPS though, that would be NICE.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #16 (permalink)

Sounds like they broke the case and got nothing good.
DirtyBirdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
This is quite possible IMO.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
It's an unfortunate reality that this may be the case. Ultimately, though, I'd like to think it's on the UPS driver to "prove" that he delivered the package to the right place.

Sure, the box could have been taken from the buyer's front doorstep, but wouldn't that also be on UPS, as you paid them to get the package from your hands, to the hands of the person on the other end of the ship to address.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #19 (permalink)

Contact UPS and let them know the situation. If you can get someone from the local terminal, even better. If they left the package outside, they can track the driver down to see if the driver can provide any more info on where it's been placed. Over several years, there's been a few instances where my driver realized he dropped off at the wrong location (mixed up street numbers, etc.) and picked it up from the wrong location and re-delivered correctly.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe insurance and declared value are two separate things with UPS. You have to request signature if you do declared value. If you insure it, I think they will obtain signature or leave not on door.
braves3331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm wondering if the guy is just trying to take advantage if he realized there was no signature confirmation.
I'm hoping that is not the case. Its a shame the amount of dishonest people though.

Internet tough guy Will Watson is my #1 fan!!
THE(NEXT)LEVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
if it was insured there is nothing to worry about - ups loses

buyer is probably a thief especially by just firing off a claim without asking seller questions first. this happened to me one time & i advised the buyer everything would be taken care of but a police report needed to be made first & i would call them to follow up. also stated i wanted to talk to him on the phone about the situation (most people dont want any contact that way if they are scamming). turned out the "neighbor" had it...
this this this this this

Nehemiah, as much as it sucks, play this game. At face value, someone has stolen your buyer's item, and you (the responsible seller) seek to get to the bottom of this by treating it as a theft.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
It's an unfortunate reality that this may be the case. Ultimately, though, I'd like to think it's on the UPS driver to "prove" that he delivered the package to the right place.

Sure, the box could have been taken from the buyer's front doorstep, but wouldn't that also be on UPS, as you paid them to get the package from your hands, to the hands of the person on the other end of the ship to address.
you know, this is entirely possible but if PRESSURE is put on the buyer more times than not they get scared with cops & investigations...
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
If possible, go down to the store you took it to and have them track it down. You may have better luck that way than through their online chat.

Also interested in John Smoltz and Greg Maddux auto's and GU cards.
braves3331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #24 (permalink)

Sounds like the buyer is trying to pull a quick one on you. I'd definitely get the police involved as you WILL lose the case through paypal automatically.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #25 (permalink)

anything insured under $1000- does not require signature

you would have to add the service "signature required"
and it cost $5-additional
picojim is offline   Reply With Quote