Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 08:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Strange how ebay works...

Card A has a BIN and is hit at $200 and yet the exact card B is still up at BIN/BO for $179 with NO offers...
messier2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

Imagine!

I'm sure Card A was instantly paid for
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Yea some of my stuff is priced less than some have sold for and nothin
mikecancelliere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

Ebay has been jacked up lately, not showing what the BO was but instead saying stuff sold for full BIN prices. I think it is just glitched right now.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

When I had to dump my 3 remaining cases of Topps Chrome I went down to $785 the other week as no one was buying. It was listed for $785 for a few days and someone went and bought one at $825, then another one sold in an auction for $814 (the auction started at $799 although I know the buyer maybe wasn't including BIN in their options). wish I could have held on for a few more weeks with Blowout deciding to raise the market value by $200 I could have maybe broken even on my cases. Who knows with Topps Chrome- up/down, up/down not even worth $500.... anyway

I had a few other cases the last few weeks- a Taveras 9.5 that had better subs than one listed for more (and the other one sold first); same with a Trout, also I still have an unsold red Darvish auto /25 from Chrome. Mine was the 2nd one listed on ebay the other week. Someone with the jersey number serial # got $600, two others sold for $300 (A $300 premium for a jersey #?!!!) I've had my listed at the same price as whatever was lowest on ebay (mine is 1/25) and it hasn't been touched. With Darvish pitching (wish he would have kept going for that perfect game the other night) better hopefully the value goes up a bit but I doubt it.

Maybe I just don't have enough feedback (only close to 400 bc I started selling seriously only recently)
neahcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neema View Post
Ebay has been jacked up lately, not showing what the BO was but instead saying stuff sold for full BIN prices. I think it is just glitched right now.
This might be affecting alot of users although you would think this would only help the sellers as buyers would be confused to the real value and overvalue things.

Ironically, I was having the same issues on Google Chrome until cookies etc was cleared. I had no problems on Internet Explorer. Ebay doesn't seem to like Chrome. I truly believe Ebay is the most backwards company in Silicon Valley (I'll be moving out there soon). They operate like its the 1990's. How can a web based centric company like ebay have no online chat or even EMAIL customer support?!!
Old 09-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

Default adChoice?

I believe some of the browsers auto block adChoice on ebay to cause this problem. I have hard time to find the true BIN/BO final sale value recently, try IE, Firefox, Google Chrome and mobile browswers, finally find a solution last night...

Item ended yesterday, and show $24.99 under completed listing

Using Firefox to open item page... still show $24.99

Using IE Tab Plus to open..... $17.25 now

Both using the same link, the only difference is one with adChoice showed the true value. That may not be the cause, because at least I found a temporary solution.
Attached Thumbnails
Strange how ebay works...-ebay-1.jpg   Strange how ebay works...-ebay-2.jpg   Strange how ebay works...-ebay-3.jpg  

Last edited by danny42yu; 09-07-2012 at 11:46 AM.
danny42yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by messier2 View Post
Card A has a BIN and is hit at $200 and yet the exact card B is still up at BIN/BO for $179 with NO offers...
Quality of photos, shipping cost, description, title... lots of factors. Got links?
Old 09-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
Quality of photos, shipping cost, description, title... lots of factors. Got links?
That might be the case but I know in my case I had a clean scan, I offer free shipping and my descriptions are good and the same thing happened. The only thing I can guess is I only have a couple hundred feedback (100%). Sometimes buyers do not include BINs in searches. However, some of the other transactions can't be explained logically.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

I've had harper cards sell for 3x more at auction than what I had them up for bin/bo. Everyday buyers just find what they want and pay what they are comfortable with. They don't know how to shop around.