Blowout Cards Forums
Midweek Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Auto Cards?

Can someone advise me what edition of Topps and Bowman should I buy that would contain real auto cards in it that I could get in retail packs or those small 7 pack boxes I have seen in Retail stores?

I sometimes feel I am buying the wrong edition of baseball cards. I am interested in auto cards but want to avoid wasting money buying editions where there isnt much in the way of Auto's. Thanks for all opinions in this matter.
John Hutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

Forget about retail packs. Go downtown to Chamelion Comics and buy some hobby boxes where autos are actually "guaranteed".
messier2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hutch View Post
Can someone advise me what edition of Topps and Bowman should I buy that would contain real auto cards in it that I could get in retail packs or those small 7 pack boxes I have seen in Retail stores?

I sometimes feel I am buying the wrong edition of baseball cards. I am interested in auto cards but want to avoid wasting money buying editions where there isnt much in the way of Auto's. Thanks for all opinions in this matter.
If you are dead-set on retail then your best bet is Bowman Platinum. I've had very good luck in pulling autos from those blasters.
realshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

If you are dead set on autos just buy them on eBay and forget about the rest of the cards. For the $20 for a retail blaster or $50+ for a hobby box of something you could get an auto of almost any player you want (except Harper/Trout and a few other rookie cards)

Check out my group breaks!
speedmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote