Blowout Cards Forums
Blowout Remix

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
hairysasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, Central NY
Posts: 2,796
Default Beckett Grading Services -Panic Button?

Sent in 4 auto'd cards (est. BV ~$1200) for grading in July and opted for 45-day service as I was going to be away most of August anyway and felt no huge urgency. First-time submission so I have no account #. Items were received and signed for (FedEx) @ Beckett on 18 July. Called yesterday and experienced a very rude operator who could barely speak English who berated me for my impatience (claimed it was 45 business days, which is not specified on the form but would push the due date to approx. 9/19) and said that there was no record of my shipment (only happens when an invoice is generated) and that I should call back in 2-3 weeks. So, how normal is this??
__________________
You've got to lose your mind in Detroit Rock City!
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Major_League's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
Sent in 4 auto'd cards (est. BV ~$1200) for grading in July and opted for 45-day service as I was going to be away most of August anyway and felt no huge urgency. First-time submission so I have no account #. Items were received and signed for (FedEx) @ Beckett on 18 July. Called yesterday and experienced a very rude operator who could barely speak English who berated me for my impatience (claimed it was 45 business days, which is not specified on the form but would push the due date to approx. 9/19) and said that there was no record of my shipment (only happens when an invoice is generated) and that I should call back in 2-3 weeks. So, how normal is this??
I'd be calling back and asking for Joe Clemson. I'd explain his staff is rude an unhelpful. Then i'd ask where the hell my cards are.
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: US
Posts: 7,523
Default

It is 45 business days, so looks like you have to wait a little longer.
__________________
Check both links! Different items in each.

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h268/coltsfan23
http://www.flickr.com/photos/112087390@N03/sets/72157638871019534/
coltsfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
WilsonValdez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Temporarily Suspended
Posts: 9,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan23 View Post
It is 45 business days, so looks like you have to wait a little longer.
Yeah unfortunately like he said, it's business days. So you have time to go, most likely. Nothing to fear, just more waiting

The people they have working the phones there are very unprofessional, though.
__________________
Check out my COMC listings. Tons of stuff for player collectors and stuff from all years! PM me if you see something you like
WilsonValdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
barob72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 503
Default

Sorry for the bad experience but Beckett fields calls like this daily. The duration it takes to grade your cards is based on business days and understandably so. You didn't think they were working on Sundays?
barob72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnAndrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ZOO York!
Posts: 5,550
Default

I never understand why some people in the customer service industry feel the need to be rude. I get that they put up with a lot of inane B.S. but for cryin' out loud, the only job requirements are to be able to handle a telephone and stay level-headed.
__________________
Fan of the Yankees and Syracuse Hoops.
JohnAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
hairysasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, Central NY
Posts: 2,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barob72 View Post
Sorry for the bad experience but Beckett fields calls like this daily. The duration it takes to grade your cards is based on business days and understandably so. You didn't think they were working on Sundays?
I never thought anyone would be working Sundays - would you not say that "45 days" is different than "45 business days"?? Maybe they should be more clear on their form?
Rechecked my FedEx and they were delivered on 20 July, so by my estimate 45 business days from then would be 9/21. I guess we'll see what happens...
__________________
You've got to lose your mind in Detroit Rock City!

Last edited by hairysasquatch; 09-07-2012 at 05:11 PM.
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
friarbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 7,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
I never thought anyone would be working Sundays - would you not say that "45 days" is different than "45 business days"?? Maybe they should be more clear on their form?
Rechecked my FedEx and they were delivered on 20 July, so by my estimate 45 business days from then would be 9/21. I guess we'll see what happens...
It is indeed, but most people know it's based on business days when it comes to grading time. You missed it and they aren't clear about it nobody's fault really.

Personally I prefer e-mailing them their call center is 100% in a foreign country very tough to get stuff done with them that way.
__________________
Supercollecting Josh Johnson (University of San Diego, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cincinnati Bengals)
Collecting Chargers
, Padres, Packers, Lakers, University of San Diego alumni
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,543
Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900
Default

Don't forget to add labor day in there as a holiday.
__________________
need to update but here's my bucket: s595.photobucket.com/albums/tt37/dustin9900/
Teams I collect: Atlanta Braves, South Carolina Gamecocks
Players I collect: Sidney Rice, Chipper Jones, Cal Ripken Jr., Nolan Ryan
dustin9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,553
Default

they will email your grades in about 2 weeks or so it sounds like....
__________________
http://s1062.photobucket.com/user/afton9444/library/?sort=3&page=1
Afton9444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
D-SPADE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MD-DC-VA
Posts: 487
Default

Also remember not to count the business days they were in B-more for the National as they posted there would be "no grading" during that time-frame.
__________________
DC/MD/VA Sports Fiend: Looking for Rare/Low #'ed Stephen Strasburg, Bryce Harper and now ALEX MEYER.....Dylan Bundy, Nick Markakis, Manny Machado, and now KEVIN GAUSMAN!!
D-SPADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
I'd be calling back and asking for Joe Clemson. I'd explain his staff is rude an unhelpful. Then i'd ask where the hell my cards are.
Joe's a good guy and has always been helpful to me, whether it's at a show or when I call. Start with him.

Think his last name might be Clemons, though.
endthecurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Major_League's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by endthecurse View Post
Joe's a good guy and has always been helpful to me, whether it's at a show or when I call. Start with him.

Think his last name might be Clemons, though.
Lol

My bad yes Clemons
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
hairysasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, Central NY
Posts: 2,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-SPADE View Post
Also remember not to count the business days they were in B-more for the National as they posted there would be "no grading" during that time-frame.
Sweet Jeez what were the dates on that??
__________________
You've got to lose your mind in Detroit Rock City!
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.