Blowout Cards Forums
MEM MADNESS

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #26 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by possom813 View Post
No, I can't make decisions for myself, I'm married, but she's in the kitchen

I come to b/o with ebay issues that I've not yet experienced, simply because this forum has a collective of ebay knowledge that I'm sure most of their customer service reps lack.

I came here to see if I was over-reacting. I tend to get pissy and react accordingly when things that I plan for don't work out the way I expect them to. I expected the card on the 5th, after it didn't come in, I sent an email asking the seller if it had been shipped, and no response.

So before just dropping a negative/neutral on a seller, I posted here to see how other folks have handled, or would handle, similar situations.

And I'm a Gen X'r, not a facebook generation
Then put on your man pants and quit acting like a Generation Facebooker. If you think he "deserves" a neg, neg him. If you think he "deserves" a neutral, neutralize him...
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #27 (permalink)

Last edited by possom813; 09-16-2012 at 02:14 PM.
possom813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Killing me softly...

I don't blame the postal service on this one, the shipping label says it was printed on the 8th, and I got it today. USPS can't deliver what they don't have

I also corrected myself on the dates, the emails were sent on the 5th and 6th, none on the 7th, case opened on the 8th. And still no response.

Heck, had even put in a tracking #, I would have been content. He printed the label with a tracking # on it, but never sent it to me and it didn't post to the auction.

I do highly value your opinion though, so negative it is, I mean, I was only leaning towards a neutral at my most aggravated state, I was just curious as to how someone who had been in a similar position handled it
Well your choice but if it was me I'd just ding the shipping time on his DSR & note a slow shipper in the feedback.
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #29 (permalink)

Old 09-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #30 (permalink)

Old 09-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #31 (permalink)

If card arrived, well protected and as decribed, then I would positive, three stars however for shipping time and one star for poor communication. Just my opinion...
Old 09-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #32 (permalink)

I can see the frustration on your end, but it's not worth anything more than dinging his DSR on a + feedback. There's no reason for a seller to take longer than 1 day for simple e-mail response, excluding some kind of real life emergency.
Nm0369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
But then we wouldn't have this amazing thread...

But you are right, I've looked over my last couple of days of posting, I sound like a little b****y attention whore.
Honestly, I just wanted to say "neutralize him."
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #34 (permalink)

Old 09-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #35 (permalink)

took the seller nine days to ship & ZERO communication on top of that?? i certainly dont treat people like that even if i thought i could get away with it. sure people get busy but a quick email letting the customer know is huge. buyer followed up himself, yet gets nothing but silence. i'd be bent & a neg is appropriate. perhaps the neg will do good influencing the seller to provide better service going forward.
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #36 (permalink)

link to auction?
Seems like you got the card on the 6th business day..slow, but considering it was also a holiday weekend, does it really warrant a thread.
Also, i hope this whole thread isnt over the card you won for a penny. if so, C'mon man!

Last edited by sjscout; 09-11-2012 at 07:08 AM.
sjscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #37 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmtampa View Post
Labor day weekend - People go on vacation and stuff.. have lives etc

Honestly I must be extremely easy going cause I will wait around 2 weeks or so.
This. Some people go away and don't have Internet.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #38 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
This. Some people go away and don't have Internet.
Then they shouldn't have auctions ending when they "go away." Not that difficult. At the very least put it in the auction.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:36 AM   #39 (permalink)

Old 09-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #40 (permalink)

you bought an auction for a penny right before labor day weekend.
you emailed him twice and filed a case yet
You still received the item on the 6th business day (slow but not outrageous)!!!
I think you were extrememly harsh with the neutral and you sound like a sellers worst nightmare.

ALSo- despite the fact his description says he ships right away, Ebay (which takes precedence) said the item would be delivered in 3-6 business days, which it was. I personally think you should revise.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #41 (permalink)

Thanks for letting us all know we need to block you!
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #42 (permalink)

Last edited by possom813; 09-16-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Yup, I'm a seller's worst nightmare. That has to be it

Although I've only left 6 negatives(in 8 years) prior to this. I just went back and checked what I'd left for others.

Over 400 transactions and 6 negatives left for others.

Negative 1-- 9-9-04-- Bestchoiceproducts --Wasted over a month on an acetylene torch kit, and never did receive a working item.

Negative 2-- 11-28-04-- 58pepper --Never responded to emails or phone calls to arrange a time for me to pick up an outside playhouse for my daughter.

Negative 3 & 4 -- 8-26-05-- non-paying bidder, no longer registered

Negative 5-- 10-10-05-- Clicked BIN on 8 sets of r/c buggy wheels and tires, seller said he listed it too cheap and refused to sell

Negative 6-- 3-17-08-- Won item, seller said it wasn't for sale, refuse to sell it to me

Neutral 1-- 3-28-07 -- Won item, paid for priority shipping, didn't receive for 2 weeks.

Neutral 2-- 9-10-12--you're reading about it now.

Simply because the seller couldn't contact me at all during this time, because his computer was messed up for 2 weeks

But miraculously, the computer started working a few hours after the case was opened and I had my card 2 days later, postmarked the day the case was opened.

Granted, the auction was a 1 cent win, would you feel differently if was a 500 dollar card?

This really isn't about the card and what was paid for it, it's about the business practice of an ebay seller. All I needed was a response and he wouldn't have gotten the negative.

Since my neutral was left, a negative was left shortly after on a $1.01 auction that ended on 8/26
It clearly is it. In about 100 transactions as a buyer, you have left 6 negatives/neutrals. Thats alot, according to ebay standards.

The fact of the matter is you received the item in 6 business days. While not the best shipping time, it did not warrant a neutral.

Luckily, when my mother passed last year, I did not have an ebayer like you purchase anything from me, as i would not have responded for about ten days.

I am sure many people have blocked you based on this thread.

Two emails to the seller, a case opened, a neutral, and dinged dsr's for an item you received in 6 business days! Yes you are CLEARLY a sellers nightmare!
Old 09-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #44 (permalink)

Before I accept best offers I check the potential buyer on Toolhaus. According to that you have left:

6 Negative
3 Neutral
1 Withdrawn (0 removed by eBay)

Withdrawn to me counts the same as having left one.

With a feedback of 299 you seem to either be pickier than the average person or you have incredibly bad luck. Either way, I would want more money out of someone with your history than someone with a clean history, or I just wouldn't sell to you.

Like I said, bad luck may follow you around but I don't care to be around someone with bad luck.
DaveTaplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #45 (permalink)

You have been blocked, thanks for the post!!!
Old 09-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #46 (permalink)

your id is possom813 right? I ask cause as most around here you are going to be blocked.

edit to add: Apparently I have already added you before for being a dolt. So I guess I seen this coming.
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #47 (permalink)

I understand your position, but you're adversely affecting this person's rating over a 1 cent card. I know "it's the principal of the matter" or whatever, but given eBay's magnificent ability to bend over sellers and give it to them unsheathed and ungreased, you really should have cut the dude some slack. Unless the card was going to somehow magically cure your ailing grandmother of cancer, polio and West Nile, you could have waited.

Always looking for Galaxy and soccer autos & patches!
KingTaco77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #48 (permalink)

The problem as I see it is this. Buyers feel the need to be "Ebay Police" and heaven forbid a card take a few extra days, they feel it is their civic duty to ding the ridicolous and bullshirt DSRs that do nothing positive for the seller.

I respect the OP's frustration, but it's a friggin' $3 delivered item. If it takes the seller a few extra days, deal with it. Are you that worried about your $3? I feel sorry for you if it's that important to you.

Sure, the seller should have emailed you. No doubt about it. If you were dealing with a $50 item, I might even be on board with the DSR ding. Now I don't agree with his explanation about sending the cards back with the neutral, etc, but you certainly should accept his apology and revise your feedback.

When my brother screwed up my other ebay ID, one guy sent me an email which I didn't check for a few days (I thought my brother had done all he was supposed to do.) He then left me a negative about me not getting back to him. I noticed that a few days later and emailed him, explained the situation and apologized. He revised it to a neutral and then somehow it vanished. (He might have left too many.) Anyway, the point is, when I apologized, he understood.

You should do the same.
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #49 (permalink)

YOU LEFT A NUETRAL AND DINGED SHIPPING OVER A PENNY!!!!!!

Christ wtf if wrong with you....You prob. should have left that out. (about the sale being a penny) Your family must have sheltered you in life!

Can't ANYONE be LAID BACK anymore....Christ I know times are tough, but im sure you didn't have to break the bank for a $3.01 Win
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #50 (permalink)

Last edited by possom813; 09-16-2012 at 02:15 PM.