Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Yeah, it does. I would have recommended it if Staples had the same price on it this week as they did last...$40. I should have been a buyer at that price
Brother's website has them for $40. Just need to find something else for $10 to qualify for free shipping.

https://www.brothermall.com/Ptouch-L...il?Model=QL700
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #27 (permalink)

Would really love to see what kind of cards you get out of the break.
I hope your first case break is an enjoyable experience...now if I can convince my wife the same thing...
LINK FOR THAT IS TO THE LEFT and UNDER MY AVATAR
TakaTanakaGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakaTanakaGiant View Post
Would really love to see what kind of cards you get out of the break.
I hope your first case break is an enjoyable experience...now if I can convince my wife the same thing...
I will document my experience in full. If everything goes well, you can use it as evidence for your wife.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Brother's website has them for $40. Just need to find something else for $10 to qualify for free shipping.

https://www.brothermall.com/Ptouch-L...il?Model=QL700
Add an extra roll of lables and you are set
I think Im going to buy this... thx for the link!
Old 09-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #30 (permalink)

Update is a good choice, competition is not too high and the demand is pretty good. Best of luck!
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
I will document my experience in full. If everything goes well, you can use it as evidence for your wife.
Better brush up on my Power Point skills. I might need them
LINK FOR THAT IS TO THE LEFT and UNDER MY AVATAR
TakaTanakaGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #32 (permalink)

looks like Topps is admitting they screwed up in not placing the gold parallels #/2012 in Series 1 and 2. Update will have all 990 base cards from the three sets with Gold parallels inserted into Update packs. This should make the odds of hitting one decrease significantly and provide a lot of extra value IMO.

EDIT: way late to the punch.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB81 View Post
Add an extra roll of lables and you are set
I think Im going to buy this... thx for the link!
Anybody know which labels are best for Paypal? The DK1201 that are recommended seem too small (1-1/7 by 3-1/2 inches).
Old 09-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Anybody know which labels are best for Paypal? The DK1201 that are recommended seem too small (1-1/7 by 3-1/2 inches).
Printer and extra roll = DONE

Subtotal: $55.48
Ground shipping: $0.00
Gift Certificate: $0.00
Other Discount: $0.00
Promo Discount: $0.00

Total Before Tax: $55.48
Estimated Sales Tax: $4.79
Order Total: $60.27
free shipping

Purchased!

I think the 1201 size is ok. You will be printing from PC so font size adjustment is needed, no big deal to me.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #35 (permalink)

Good Luck!

Are you selling on eBay? if so, make sure that you really put an emphasis on shipping everything out quickly that way you can become a top-rated seller and get a 20% discount on all or eBay fees. That will help a ton in getting your ROI up for future case breaks.
bmuelle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB81 View Post
Printer and extra roll = DONE

Subtotal: $55.48
Ground shipping: $0.00
Gift Certificate: $0.00
Other Discount: $0.00
Promo Discount: $0.00

Total Before Tax: $55.48
Estimated Sales Tax: $4.79
Order Total: $60.27
free shipping

Purchased!

I think the 1201 size is ok. You will be printing from PC so font size adjustment is needed, no big deal to me.
Awesome ... I just don't see how you can get all the info (shipping address, return address, and USPS info) all on that small label. Can't seem to find an answer via Google.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #37 (permalink)

Oh I was just talking about me making my own lables with the person address and thats it. I dont use Paypal\ebay do your own shipping service (multiship)

I dont have a huge sale volume so it works fine for me this way.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #38 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to F5 Penguin

Has anyone used the QL-700 for printing postage and label via PayPal? Ive been looking into this as well, and don't mean to derail the thread, but since we're talking tips I figured it would be a good time to ask. Any insight is appreciated.

OP, if you hit ANY BJ Upton, Hellickson, Matt Moore, David Price, Desmond Jennings in Parallels/Inserts/bigger hits, let me know. Will buy them from you for my fiance's PC. I wish you the best of luck! I am in the process of finishing out my inventory and prepping to list on eBay and breaking some stuff as of late + my older inventory, so I understand where you're at right now!
*PM Me for list via Beckett* My Scans via SkyDrive in High Quality: http://sdrv.ms/M6f5eD
F5 Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F5 Penguin View Post
Has anyone used the QL-700 for printing postage and label via PayPal? Ive been looking into this as well, and don't mean to derail the thread, but since we're talking tips I figured it would be a good time to ask. Any insight is appreciated.

OP, if you hit ANY BJ Upton, Hellickson, Matt Moore, David Price, Desmond Jennings in Parallels/Inserts/bigger hits, let me know. Will buy them from you for my fiance's PC. I wish you the best of luck! I am in the process of finishing out my inventory and prepping to list on eBay and breaking some stuff as of late + my older inventory, so I understand where you're at right now!
Not derailing at all ... I want this question answered.

What I found through Amazon -- you need the "DK2205 2.4 in x continuous" labels. I went through the motions on a PayPal order, and when I selected the QL-550 (this is apparently what you have to choose to get the QL-700 to work), it listed the label type as 2.4" x Continuous. Buy from Amazon, not from Brother - $10 cheaper.

Pertinent info from a review:

Quote:
This is great for use with the Brother QL-570 and QL-500 label printers. People can use paypal shipping with this label paper. Paypal shipping requires you to have this kind of paper in order for your labels to print out of any brother label printer, I made the mistake of trying to use the DK-1202 Label Paper which is the same dimensions but not the same length and Paypal shipping wouldnt let me print out shipping labels without the DK-2205 Paper in my label printer.

The DK-1202 is 2-3/7" x 4,
the DK-2205 is 2-3/7" x 100' (which is the one that your soposed to use for paypal shipping)

Dont confuse the two like I did as paypal shipping only lets you reprint the shipping label within 24 hours of creating it.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #40 (permalink)

^ Ah so 1202 is no good, but 2205 is the ticket.... or label for this matter. Very well then. Any difference in 570/500 vs the 700/750 other than "newer" and/or "Model number"?

Is Amazon cheaper in the label printer as well, or just the rolls? Been looking through a couple of my vendors and that $40 price point they can't even come close to, and they are direct suppliers.
*PM Me for list via Beckett* My Scans via SkyDrive in High Quality: http://sdrv.ms/M6f5eD
Old 09-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #41 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

The DK-2205 is the appropriate label for the QL-500, 570, and 700. You'll want to pick up a reusable cartridge through eBay, so you don't have to stick with overpriced Brother labels. This one should do the trick.

1 Brother compatible Reusable Cartridge for DK-2205 2-3/7 x 100 Paper Label | eBay

The difference between the three printers:
500 - manual cutter, non-wifi
570 - auto cutter, non-wifi
700 - auto cutter, wifi (wifi does not work with PayPal labels, from what I've read)
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
The DK-2205 is the appropriate label for the QL-500, 570, and 700. You'll want to pick up a reusable cartridge through eBay, so you don't have to stick with overpriced Brother labels. This one should do the trick.

1 Brother compatible Reusable Cartridge for DK-2205 2-3/7 x 100 Paper Label | eBay

700 - auto cutter, wifi (wifi does not work with PayPal labels, from what I've read)

Got it. Silly programmers, if WiFi is available, then it should work. This is why I got into designing software... to rid the world of the morons who can't make things work. But I digress.

The 700 it is then! Thanks for the insight.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:

^ This guy, he is a wealth of information.

The printer only comes with a short roll that is incompatible with PayPal shipping, so I will be buying the knock-offs. What about toner ... how often does it need to be replaced? (EDIT: Apparently the description of "no ink or toner needed" meant nothing to me ...)

Last edited by calculusdork; 09-11-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
^ This guy, he is a wealth of information.

The printer only comes with a short roll that is incompatible with PayPal shipping, so I will be buying the knock-offs. What about toner ... how often does it need to be replaced? (EDIT: Apparently the description of "no ink or toner needed" meant nothing to me ...)
It's a thermal printer, no ink necessary!
Old 09-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #45 (permalink)

DYMO Desktop Mailing Solution Twin Turbo LabelWriter & Scale - Label printer - B/W - direct thermal - 600 dpi x 300 dpi - up to 71 labels/min - capacity: 2 rolls - USB : Printers: Laser Printer, Wireless Laser Printer for Business | Dell

I found this little guy... would this work with PayPal and eBay? Price isn't the issue, I was thinking of mainly for simplicity. I just don't think it's linked into the PayPal and eBay APIs and if that is the case, eBay/PayPal won't auto-track your shipments, thus, while making the shipping process easier, will delay your funds.

Can anyone attest to this? It's such a simple and quick implementation without breaking the bank.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #46 (permalink)

Good question ... I have no idea. I do know, however, that tajikey and I just got amazing deals on the QL-700.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #47 (permalink)

Oh did you both pick one up? I'm thinking about doing the same and figuring the rest out later. For $40, you can't go wrong! Then just using my little mobile printer for the return address label.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F5 Penguin View Post
Oh did you both pick one up? I'm thinking about doing the same and figuring the rest out later. For $40, you can't go wrong! Then just using my little mobile printer for the return address label.
I actually picked up 2. CD let me know OD has them for $30 a pop right now through their website. I added to the steal by tracking down a $10 off $50 purchase + free delivery coupon code (92961610). The only catch is that you have to get the order to $60 for it to work.

So, two printers and a pack of 59-cent erasers later, I've spent $54 (after tax) on 2 $99 MSRP printers and a pack of erasers I'll give to my wife to use if she loses any backs to her earrings!
Old 09-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #49 (permalink)

Good job!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
I appreciate any advice you guys have for us.
What are you calculating for the time needed to break/sort?

Also, for toploaders, 75pt work better than 100pt for Topps relics. I usually go with 1 pack less than the amount of hobby cases you purchase (so 5 for you) and then 1 pack of 120pt per every 3 hobby cases. That should give you enough for your break, plus a small surplus.

For the supplies, I would also add some sorting boxes. Even if you don't use them for physically sorting, they work well to temporarily hold the cards in stacks of 1's/10's/100's so you don't have 33 piles of cards stacked a foot high on your sorting table.
CharlieHustle is offline   Reply With Quote