Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Low-ball offers on ebay...

I haven't been active a lot lately, so if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it.

I recently listed a Bryce Harper 2012 Topps Finest Auto /99 on ebay for $201.79 dlvd, BIN OBO, and it's the cheapest on ebay by almost $20.

The least that one's sold for under ebay completed sales was $155 shipped, and the last one that sold got $178.50 shipped.

I've received 4 offers on total on it, so far.

Those offers being:
$125
$100
$70
$25

Am I doing something wrong with the way that I listed it, or is it just the buyers, or something else?

Thank you for your help in advance.
redsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox View Post
I haven't been active a lot lately, so if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it.

I recently listed a Bryce Harper 2012 Topps Finest Auto /99 on ebay for $201.79 dlvd, BIN OBO, and it's the cheapest on ebay by almost $20.

The least that one's sold for under ebay completed sales was $155 shipped, and the last one that sold got $178.50 shipped.

I've received 4 offers on total on it, so far.

Those offers being:
$125
$100
$70
$25

Am I doing something wrong with the way that I listed it, or is it just the buyers, or something else?

Thank you for your help in advance.
They are looking to see how far you on drop on a counter...
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Seriously, welcome to eBay!

If you don't want to deal with the lowballers, either set an auto-decline value or just do BIN with your best price.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

It works both ways sometimes people are way to high on cards. Working on the 2012 Tribute /60 parallels. Guy had a joe dimaggio for buy it now best offer $40. Offered $25, no counter he declined. Picked one up today on ebay for under $6 shipped.
babyfaceposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

You probably should have started a little higher with your BIN price. Or, you could have lowered it a bit and just made it BIN with no BO available. Heck I paid $150 for /198 version of that card so you're not out of line with your pricing. Though I did pick mine up right after release. It probably doesn't help that Finest has been out for a while now. If you want more for it, you're going to have to ask for it, keeping in mind the recent sales. I would be surprised if you didn't get close to your asking price if you run a straight auction. So, if you would be happy with 170+ just run it auction style because you will most likely get at least that. More if the stars are aligned i.e. harper stays hot.

GLWS!
webb_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

I switched it to auction style, and it's already up over $50, and 4 watchers.

Doing a LOT better then I was when it was listed as a BIN / BO
redsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webb_jr View Post
You probably should have started a little higher with your BIN price. Or, you could have lowered it a bit and just made it BIN with no BO available. Heck I paid $150 for /198 version of that card so you're not out of line with your pricing. Though I did pick mine up right after release. It probably doesn't help that Finest has been out for a while now. If you want more for it, you're going to have to ask for it, keeping in mind the recent sales. I would be surprised if you didn't get close to your asking price if you run a straight auction. So, if you would be happy with 170+ just run it auction style because you will most likely get at least that. More if the stars are aligned i.e. harper stays hot.

GLWS!
You can get burnt too rolling it auction-style when you're trying to get into a certain price-point.......unless you find yourself a good shiller to ensure your return.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

I bought the Harper Finest red auto refractor /25 BGS 9.5/10 for $370 on an auction style auction that ended around 1 am.. Dude was probably furious lol