Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homerun View Post
Haha, yeah. Stanton is a lot more muscular.
more muscular, athletic, stronger, faster, plays a actual position, has a cannon at that position....It goes on and on...
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinscards View Post
he could easily reach 95 before he is 23 which is incredible, and yes the marlins do have a lot of money now but with the shitty ownership i dont think theyll spend it, although id HATE to see it happen i think stanton will not be a marlin by the time he is 27. we have him locked uo for 2 more years then arbitartion, but i dont thnk well lock him up but for the time being its un having a guy like him on your favorite team
For whatever reason, I get a feel he will be in Miami for his whole career. He seems happy here, already a fan favorite, and I believe has/had a girlfriend who is a Miami Heat cheerleader.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMARLIN View Post
more muscular, athletic, stronger, faster, plays a actual position, has a cannon at that position....It goes on and on...

For whatever reason, I get a feel he will be in Miami for his whole career. He seems happy here, already a fan favorite, and I believe has/had a girlfriend who is a Miami Heat cheerleader.
Konerko is a solid first baseman. Of course he's slow, but he's doing ok for a 36 year old.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
How is it an insult?
STEROIDS

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, probably the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, or dodgers will pick him up. That's always how it goes unfortunately.
They say they are looking for a right hand hitting OF, and they need some more power. So he would a perfect fit But I doubt the Red Sox will sign anyone to a large contract
Old 09-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
They say they are looking for a right hand hitting OF, and they need some more power. So he would a perfect fit But I doubt the Red Sox will sign anyone to a large contract
Well, they signed Carl Crawford, and Stanton is 100X better so.........
Old 09-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

he isnt going anywhere for at least 2 years but if somehow we can improve and not sell mid season by then we can lock him up,

picture this:
a team with stanton, jacob turner, yelich, jose fernandez, logan morrison, jose reyes all at full potential and maybe eovaldi ruggino and some other scrus can pan out
marlinscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
he isnt going anywhere for at least 2 years but if somehow we can improve and not sell mid season by then we can lock him up,

picture this:
a team with stanton, jacob turner, yelich, jose fernandez, logan morrison, jose reyes all at full potential and maybe eovaldi ruggino and some other scrus can pan out
That team would be amazing. Maybe they'll be able to sign another good free agent to go along with that group.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, they signed Carl Crawford, and Stanton is 100X better so.........
Wouldn't say 100x better. Crawford was never healthy. Crawford, Gonzalez, and Beckett are the reason why they don't want to sign any big contracts now since they are scared it will all happen again
Old 09-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

but still i doubt all those players will pay to full potential and knowing the marlins theyll get rid of them like they did with cabrera/adrain gonzalez, johan santana before they get really good
Old 09-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:

picture this:
I really don't see LoMo as part of the future Marlins.

PC: Jemile Weeks
Sqeeshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #36 (permalink)

Konerko is better. /thread
I collect Andre Johnson.
Bars and Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Konerko is a solid first baseman. Of course he's slow, but he's doing ok for a 36 year old.
You don't really have to be an athlete to play 1st. Have you seen Prince, Ryan Howard, and many others? I'm not doubting that Konerko has had a great career, and I'm amazed year after year that age has no effect. But You can't compare a 1st baseman to a OF with a great arm.

Quote:

picture this:
Hold your horses bud. We'd all love that fantasy, but look at it from a real point of view.

-LoMo has already had soooo many problems with the organization and has only been on the team for 2 years. Hanley was way better and we loved him, and look at what jersey he wears now. I doubt Lomo sticks.
-I love Fernandez and Yelich, and am excited for both, but you can't count on them being studs. The best of best prospects are busts a good % of the time,. Don't forget they're both still in A ball.
-What has Turner EVER done to prove himself? He is getting worse and losing velocity as he gets older and stronger, that isn't a good sign. I am also a Tigers fan (born in Michigan) and only liked Turner for the short period of time that he threw hard and his K's were off the charts.

I'd almost guruantee that we spend some cash soon. We were pressured by the MLB to spend money, and we do just that by signing Hanley, JJ, Reyes, and getting a new stadium. Now Hanley is gone, JJ was on the trading block, and we dealed away quite a few other salaries.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #38 (permalink)

Not much, but here's what I have (Once again, THANKS marlincards, I love it!) NOT FS!!!

To tell you the truth, although the lineage is better, I like the CarGo/Stantons more
Attached Thumbnails
STANTON-stanton.jpg  
Thommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Haha, I was joking with the original comment. Stanton could probably get close to 600 Homeruns if he stays healthy. Stanton is a lot better than Konerko.
.....you definitely were not kidding, nice try though.
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:07 PM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

no problem man
Old 09-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

well i have my whole collection now invested in stanton, turner, and lomo lol eek
Old 09-11-2012, 10:11 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
well i have my whole collection now invested in stanton, turner, and lomo lol eek
Was this in response to my post lol?

If so, everyone has there opinions. LoMo and Turner are cheap, and Stanton is a great buy
Old 09-11-2012, 10:12 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

yes it was, i guess as a kid its not about the money. obviosuly stantons my fav player so i love colecting him but its hard, lomo is the funniest most enteratianing baseball player and i like watching turner pitch and he is cheap!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
yes it was, i guess as a kid its not about the money. obviosuly stantons my fav player so i love colecting him but its hard, lomo is the funniest most enteratianing baseball player and i like watching turner pitch and he is cheap!
Can't disagree with anything there.

I think Turner may be a solid pitcher, but not the ace he was supposed to be. LoMo is definitley entertaining, but so immature. You follow his tweets? Back when the Marlins told him to stop tweeting you shoud've seen the stuff he was posting.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

yes i do and again as a kid thats very ammusing and a geat reason to love the guy
Old 09-11-2012, 10:21 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMARLIN View Post
Can't disagree with anything there.

I think Turner may be a solid pitcher, but not the ace he was supposed to be. LoMo is definitley entertaining, but so immature. You follow his tweets? Back when the Marlins told him to stop tweeting you shoud've seen the stuff he was posting.
LoMo tweets some funny stuff

"The best curve on a woman is her smile ...No I'm just kidding, it's her boobs. #LoMoLikeyBoobies"

" Feeling a little dirty so i think Ill ring my nurses call button 4 a late nite sponge bath... #WishMeLuck #LateNightCinemax"

10 Minutes later

"Male Nurse on duty. Sponge bath cancelled. #Fail"

"I'm on the corner of Collins & 9th. Can someone please, quickly direct me to a clean public restroom? #NotAJoke #PhotoFinish #StrangerDanger"

" Floor scrapers! RT @d_whitney8: @LoMoMarlins I hear you have saggy balls"

"How much "manscaping" is too much? Personally, I draw the line at Emoticons in my bushel..."

"Got massage 4 my bday. Woke myself up w a snore mid massage & lady told me that I "passed gas very loudly" while asleep. How much do I tip?"

"Tweeting while Pooping in a public restroom is the modern day version of writing on the stall wall with a Sharpie #JustDoIt #LetItFlow"

"Dear Guy in the stall next to me (if you follow me on Twitter), please courtesy flush. What youre doing over there is borderline criminal..."
Old 09-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
LoMo tweets some funny stuff

"The best curve on a woman is her smile ...No I'm just kidding, it's her boobs. #LoMoLikeyBoobies"

" Feeling a little dirty so i think Ill ring my nurses call button 4 a late nite sponge bath... #WishMeLuck #LateNightCinemax"

10 Minutes later

"Male Nurse on duty. Sponge bath cancelled. #Fail"

"I'm on the corner of Collins & 9th. Can someone please, quickly direct me to a clean public restroom? #NotAJoke #PhotoFinish #StrangerDanger"

" Floor scrapers! RT @d_whitney8: @LoMoMarlins I hear you have saggy balls"

"How much "manscaping" is too much? Personally, I draw the line at Emoticons in my bushel..."

"Got massage 4 my bday. Woke myself up w a snore mid massage & lady told me that I "passed gas very loudly" while asleep. How much do I tip?"

"Tweeting while Pooping in a public restroom is the modern day version of writing on the stall wall with a Sharpie #JustDoIt #LetItFlow"

"Dear Guy in the stall next to me (if you follow me on Twitter), please courtesy flush. What youre doing over there is borderline criminal..."
I do enjoy him when he is funny, but you don't see MLB stars doing this lol.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #48 (permalink)
Banned

i agree haha
Old 09-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #49 (permalink)

Stanton is probably the most impressive physical specimen in the game right now. Konerko is...errr, not
Old 09-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #50 (permalink)

He need to come to the cubs! Than well see 70 plus homeruns
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote