Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Angels: Most DISAPPOINTING team

With the season coming to a close, the Angels are a few games behind in the wild card. As a huge Angels fan, I have to say Im very disappointed with the way the Halos have played. They were on a 6 game winning streak before the current Oakland series. The relievers and starting pitchers have been amazing during that run. Now, they are playing Oakland and can not stop them whatsoever. Whatever can go wrong has gone wrong especially when they desperately needed these wins to make the playoffs. For example, last night. Going into the 9th inning down 6-3. The Angels rally and were only down 6-5 with a man on 3rd and 1st base with NO OUTS. So they at least needed a sacrifice fly to even up the score. Next at bat was Kendrys Morales and he strikes out. After it was Howie Kendrick who was doing really good as of recently. And Howie grounds out into a double play and the Angels lose! And to make it worse, they are losing 1-0 in the bottom of the first! This is very hard to watch this Angels team lose the wa with the amazing roster they have! Sorry for all this writing but please let me know what you think about this Angels team!
Old 09-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Angels fans are disappointed, try being a Red Sox fan, at least you guys are above .500
Old 09-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Angels, Tigers, Phillies, Sox. Gotta be in that order. Not many people predicted the Sox to do anything, a lot of people predicted the Phillies to miss the playoffs. But the Tigers/Angels were 100% playoff teams before the year.
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

More like LakerCards7: Most Blinded Fan!

I mean come on there are teams that expected to do more or as much as the Angels this year and they are way under .500. The Angels are still very much in the WC race.
Hollenbackcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

starters have under performed (except Weaver), the bullpen has been shakey the entire season and Scioscia has had a terrible year managing in my opinion... The small ball has gone out the window from 2002. The Halos are like watching a sinking ship. They are going down, just a matter of when... I am also an Angel fan.
Bluemarlin528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
Angels, Tigers, Phillies, Sox. Gotta be in that order. Not many people predicted the Sox to do anything, a lot of people predicted the Phillies to miss the playoffs. But the Tigers/Angels were 100% playoff teams before the year.
Yes the Red Sox weren't predicted to do a whole lot, but they were predicted to possibly get the 2nd WC spot. You can't tell me that a lot of people predicted them to be 7 games under .500 and continuing to fall
Old 09-13-2012, 01:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

Yeah, I feel like Angels always have a tough time beating the A's =/
(comin from an angels fan)

Went to one of their games in Oakland. 7 Home runs were hit by both teams combined. Angels lost 9-8.
egforevervlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #8 (permalink)

You think your disapointed as angels fans. While your still in the playoff race and have a ton of talent plus the best prospect baseball has seen since ken griffey jr. Try being a Mariners fan. 12 years without a playoff birth. the year before that getting 116 wins just to be dissapointed and lose the pennant. There is no end in sight of when the Mariners will stop sucking but I can imagine the only more disapointed fans this year would be the astros.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
Angels fans are disappointed, try being a Red Sox fan, at least you guys are above .500
Don't wanna hear it lol. I'm a Cubs fan
Copeskey45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:58 AM   #10 (permalink)

I must say Angels do suck a big one. GO RANGERS!!!!
Nick Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #11 (permalink)

Hey the Angels are a great team!!!! the A's are just MUCH MUCH MUCH better!!!

Lets Go Oakland!!!!! Lets Go Oakland
T_Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #12 (permalink)

Along with the Angels, I would have to say the Marlins have been very disappointing as well. New stadium, new team, new era and they did nothing but flop. Very sad for the city of Miami..
Old 09-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

Not like the halos will win once in playoffs, they have C.J. Wilson, aka Mr. Cant pitch in OCT.

But being a Rangers fan im worried this may be our real last chance to win it all for a couple years

Riddle: I do no wrong when I am called out I talk smack than run to a moderator when you hurt my feelings...who am I?
texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copeskey45 View Post
Don't wanna hear it lol. I'm a Cubs fan
But we can both agree that the Red Sox and the Cubs and every other team in the MLB is better then the Astro's