Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #76 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,504
Default

nm i edited post #75
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #77 (permalink)
Member
 
nhsportsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The beautiful resort town of Wells, ME
Posts: 4,879
Default

Well folks, it's time again to bring out my favorite quote -

"Never argue with a fool; they will bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Get off our board, Cuddy. Your potential of buying/selling.trading with most people has evaporated.

/ Thread.
__________________
Current Projects:
1968 Topps Baseball NM (564/598)
@acisportscards
Hobby Shop Owner in Wells, ME

nhsportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #78 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsportsguy View Post
Well folks, it's time again to bring out my favorite quote -

"Never argue with a fool; they will bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Get off our board, Cuddy. Your potential of buying/selling.trading with most people has evaporated.

/ Thread.
second time you've pulled that quote right after I throw my thoughts into an argument. Can't tell if that's a compliment or not...
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #79 (permalink)
Member
 
free2131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,137
Send a message via Yahoo to free2131
Default

I understand what you are trying to say, but it's akin to saying what all rape victims could have done to increase their chances of not being raped. Sure what you would be saying is technically correct. Don't wear very revealing clothing in a place you aren't familiar with (don't buy autographs from people who aren't familiar with), etc. That's victim blaming to a degree. By saying that they should have done their due diligence, you are taking some of the blame off the potential scammer (or rapist) and placing it on the victim. That's why a lot of people are on your case here.
free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #80 (permalink)
Member
 
nhsportsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The beautiful resort town of Wells, ME
Posts: 4,879
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfatty View Post
second time you've pulled that quote right after I throw my thoughts into an argument. Can't tell if that's a compliment or not...
I assure you, it is.
__________________
Current Projects:
1968 Topps Baseball NM (564/598)
@acisportscards
Hobby Shop Owner in Wells, ME

nhsportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #81 (permalink)
Member
 
VWBUS1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SOUTH JERSEY
Posts: 5,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
The posts are blending together, did Cuddy ever bother to address this?
I posted it twice. He is just running on fumes and his logic algorithm is flawed.
__________________
the fact that we exist, in a universe of sheer randomness, is scientific proof that there are aliens.
we are the aliens.
i can say that with 100% accuracy.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #82 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 373
Default

it gives u a perfect hint when it says no coa
coolcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #83 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 121
Default

Wait, your "proof" is comparing a Pujols pack pulled auto to a Pujols IP auto?? Pujols IP autos and certs are widely known to be different. Nice try though.
Cuddy Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:47 PM   #84 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 8,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeedonFleece View Post
I agree with everything you've said Cuddy.

That said, they're MY auctions!
Say it ain't so man. Hope this doesn't turn out poorly.
__________________
LOOKING FOR:

~~~~~~ GREG MADDUX - On-Card Autos in Braves Uniform ~~~~~~
~~~~~~ ALEX WOOD - 2013 Bowman Chrome/Draft Color (#/25 or less) ~~~~~~
~~~~~~ JORDAN SCHAFER - 2008 Bowman Chrome / 2009 Topps Chrome Autos & Color ~~~~~~
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #85 (permalink)
Member
 
friarbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 7,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsportsguy View Post
Well folks, it's time again to bring out my favorite quote -

"Never argue with a fool; they will bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Get off our board, Cuddy. Your potential of buying/selling.trading with most people has evaporated.

/ Thread.
Even if I was 100% sure I was right, I would not make my first posts ever on this forum all about trying to defend someone everyone thinks is a scammer. What has he accomplished except raising red flags with people? He didn't change anyone's mind about this seller.
__________________
Supercollecting Josh Johnson (University of San Diego, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cincinnati Bengals)
Collecting Chargers
, Padres, Packers, Lakers, University of San Diego alumni
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/

Last edited by friarbolt; 09-13-2012 at 06:07 PM.
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #86 (permalink)
Member
 
nhsportsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The beautiful resort town of Wells, ME
Posts: 4,879
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
Even if I was 100% sure I was right, I would not make my first posts ever on this forum all about trying to defend someone everyone thinks is a scammer. What has he accomplishing except raising red flags with people? He didn't change anyone's mind about this seller.
A perfect expounding of my point! Well said, my friend. Well said!
__________________
Current Projects:
1968 Topps Baseball NM (564/598)
@acisportscards
Hobby Shop Owner in Wells, ME

nhsportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #87 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 121
Default

LOL @ NHsportsguy - if me having a difference of opinion on something with someone that it makes them so butt hurt that they would refuse to buy/sell/trade with me, like I would want to with them anyways.
Cuddy Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #88 (permalink)
Member
 
Tpm2780's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,233
Default

I've had a couple of fake patches that I bought from two sellers over the last 6 months and I was able to return them and get a refund for each one. Communication was very key in making these unfortunate circumstances work. In my opinion I would just let the seller know that you aren't interested now in buying the auto and just not pay him. Also, not having a COA with the auto does not make myself want to buy any auto and could be a sign of the auto not being real. Anyways, hope this helps you out and good luck!
__________________
Check out my AMAZING Griffey collection http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg199/Tpm2780/
Tpm2780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #89 (permalink)
Member
 
friarbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 7,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddy Collector View Post
LOL @ NHsportsguy - if me having a difference of opinion on something with someone that it makes them so butt hurt that they would refuse to buy/sell/trade with me, like I would want to with them anyways.
It's not that at all. It's everything together. You are brand new, no feedback and few posts now outside this thread. For better or worse that leaves people suspicious. As a result, to build up a reputation you have to choose your battles wisely. The fact that you chose as your first major action on this forum to defend a seller like this is of concern. Also of concern is the fact that you defend him so strongly even though you are not connected to him. People start to think you are since most people wouldn't fight this hard for someone if they didn't know the person. Finally you use very weak arguments, a ton of people have chimed in believing they are fake, and every auto looks way off. I don't know what other evidence we can provide, yes it's a judgement call but everything overwhelmingly points to them being fake.

So we are left wondering why a brand new member ignores all these people saying they are fake and chooses to fight a losing battle defending what appears to be a scammer. All that together does not shine a positive light on you as a new member.
__________________
Supercollecting Josh Johnson (University of San Diego, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cincinnati Bengals)
Collecting Chargers
, Padres, Packers, Lakers, University of San Diego alumni
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #90 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
Even if I was 100% sure I was right, I would not make my first posts ever on this forum all about trying to defend someone everyone thinks is a scammer. What has he accomplished except raising red flags with people? He didn't change anyone's mind about this seller.
First things first, wasn't my first post on blowout, research it.
Second, if people choose to be lemmings and not post their own thoughts and just agree with others so be it. Not sure what red flags I raise by being diplomatic about not calling a person a fraud without proof first. You better hope I'm never on a jury of any of yours as I will plug me ears, say lalalala and pronounce you guilty from the onset. =))
Cuddy Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #91 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The 01246
Posts: 1,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Say it ain't so man. Hope this doesn't turn out poorly.
Of course they're not mine. It was a (poor) joke in an attempt to deflect the criticism being directed at Cuddy. OK he might have worded his first post on the thread differently but he hasn't been sticking up for the seller yet he's been vilified as if he was the seller.
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #92 (permalink)
Member
 
friarbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 7,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddy Collector View Post
First things first, wasn't my first post on blowout, research it.
Second, if people choose to be lemmings and not post their own thoughts and just agree with others so be it. Not sure what red flags I raise by being diplomatic about not calling a person a fraud without proof first. You better hope I'm never on a jury of any of yours as I will plug me ears, say lalalala and pronounce you guilty from the onset. =))
You just don't get it, add that to the reasons people are now going to blacklist you.

Never said this was literally your first post, but that comment makes sense you clearly think in such black and white terms that you have no sense of making logical judgement calls when there is a gray area.

Nobody is being a lemming, how do you know everyone hasn't made their own decision based on the evidence at hand? I know I did, I can easily see the autos are way off. And yes IP autos are different then pack pulled, but explain to me why EVERY SINGLE ONE is way off from what their autos normally look like? Quite a coincidence that the same guy could end up with the worst IP autos of so many different, unrelated athletes.

Hmmm people making a judgement call based on the evidence at hand, sounds a lot like what a jury does doesn't it?
__________________
Supercollecting Josh Johnson (University of San Diego, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cincinnati Bengals)
Collecting Chargers
, Padres, Packers, Lakers, University of San Diego alumni
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #93 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The 01246
Posts: 1,213
Default

Friar, if someone early on had posted similarly to yourself then there would have been less debate on the matter. Instead the OP posted one Bryce Harper that, in isolation, may or not have been fake. And poor Cuddy is getting all the sh!t for it.
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #94 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
It's not that at all. It's everything together. You are brand new, no feedback and few posts now outside this thread. For better or worse that leaves people suspicious. As a result, to build up a reputation you have to choose your battles wisely. The fact that you chose as your first major action on this forum to defend a seller like this is of concern. Also of concern is the fact that you defend him so strongly even though you are not connected to him. People start to think you are since most people wouldn't fight this hard for someone if they didn't know the person. Finally you use very weak arguments, a ton of people have chimed in believing they are fake, and every auto looks way off. I don't know what other evidence we can provide, yes it's a judgement call but everything overwhelmingly points to them being fake.

So we are left wondering why a brand new member ignores all these people saying they are fake and chooses to fight a losing battle defending what appears to be a scammer. All that together does not shine a positive light on you as a new member.
I tell you what, if you will show me where I defended this seller, I will pack up my bags, delete my account and leave blowout.
My point from the onset, which it seems no one can grasp is calling someone out without proof. If that's the way you all choose to roll, so be it, I cant change that. I stated my side and I will let it be as is.
Cuddy Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #95 (permalink)
Member
 
nhsportsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The beautiful resort town of Wells, ME
Posts: 4,879
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingJustin View Post
You truly are a one of a kind moron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afton9444 View Post
Is this guy Guy Really that DUMB??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afton9444 View Post
your missing the whole point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsportsguy View Post
You really just don't get it, do you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
his logic algorithm is flawed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
It's not that at all. It's everything together
Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
You just don't get it, add that to the reasons people are now going to blacklist you.
Let's play a drinking game...everytime someone says something to the effect of Cuddy doesn't get it, we all take a shot...or a sip of a Shirley Temple for you youngsters.
__________________
Current Projects:
1968 Topps Baseball NM (564/598)
@acisportscards
Hobby Shop Owner in Wells, ME

nhsportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #96 (permalink)
Member
 
friarbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 7,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeedonFleece View Post
Friar, if someone early on had posted similarly to yourself then there would have been less debate on the matter. Instead the OP posted one Bryce Harper that, in isolation, may or not have been fake. And poor Cuddy is getting all the sh!t for it.
The information was out there, in fact the final post before Cuddy chimed in directed people to the seller's page because all his autos looked fake.

Part of the issue with some people (not saying that's me) is new members who take a "matter of fact" approach when they come on here. Take your post for example. You say it looks real compared to some other autos and ask why people think the Harper is fake. Not confrontational, open to opinions.

Meanwhile Cuddy's first post is basically bashing the buyers for being stupid. The tone you set as a new member is huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddy Collector View Post
I tell you what, if you will show me where I defended this seller, I will pack up my bags, delete my account and leave blowout.
My point from the onset, which it seems no one can grasp is calling someone out without proof. If that's the way you all choose to roll, so be it, I cant change that. I stated my side and I will let it be as is.
Again you think very black and white so this may go over you head, but it's the tone you set. You start by bashing the buyers and basically saying it's their own fault. Then you launch into a whole argument about how there is no real proof these are fake. Those are certainly ways to defend the seller because if you win those arguments you are saying that the seller isn't at fault. It's either the buyers for being stupid or us for trying to condemn a seller without concrete evidence. Conversely when have you ever suggested the seller is wrong? Everything you have said would be on the side of the seller.

Unfortunately for you and black and white world, there are a lot of grey areas in real life. The seller may be legit, but people have decided there is enough to suggest he is not. You may be a stand-up card collector and a great person, but we have to go off what we see. Can't go off anything else because it's not out there, and what we see is a new member with an suspicious, overly abrasive way of dealing with people.
__________________
Supercollecting Josh Johnson (University of San Diego, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cincinnati Bengals)
Collecting Chargers
, Padres, Packers, Lakers, University of San Diego alumni
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #97 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post

So we are left wondering why a brand new member ignores all these people saying they are fake and chooses to fight a losing battle defending what appears to be a scammer. All that together does not shine a positive light on you as a new member.
The OPs original post, this seller is absolutely selling fakes.
Your post, appears to be a scammer.

All along I have said potentially fake autos, my defence, not of this seller, is calling anyone out without proof.
Cuddy Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #98 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Redlands, CA
Posts: 1,497
Default

What I find funny is that some people think this is legit. The auto of every player he has done varies from the actual players true autograph.
__________________
Collecting Jered Weaver, Garrett Richards, and Angels.
2013 Gypsy Queen Garrett Richards Autos 24/25
2013 Topps Tribute Jered Weaver Autos: 5/5
2013 Topps Museum Jered Weaver Autos: 0/5
mt27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #99 (permalink)
Member
 
Afton9444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,530
Default

the proof is in the auctions Cuddy you even agreed seeing the Andrew Luck... You might not be directly defending the seller but you are not showing any concern that this guy is selling fake autos. That is the RED FLAG that everyone is trying to point out to you. As a community that is built on trust and honesty I think you would stand up for that instead of saying hey I know all these autos don't look real and his wording in the description is the exact wording of a scammer. but we should leave him be....
__________________
http://s1062.photobucket.com/user/afton9444/library/?sort=3&page=1
Afton9444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #100 (permalink)
Member
 
friarbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 7,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddy Collector View Post
The OPs original post, this seller is absolutely selling fakes.
Your post, appears to be a scammer.

All along I have said potentially fake autos, my defence, not of this seller, is calling anyone out without proof.
Now you are just resorting to arguing semantics. That is his opinion, it just happens to be a strong one. Of course none of us can provide concrete evidence, but everything points to them being fake. It's a grey area, not black and white. We have to go off what we are given, and a store full of questionable autos is pretty strong evidence towards one direction.

Tell me this, would you be comfortable paying good money for one of those autos right now? After all as you say there is no real evidence, so you should be comfortable buying one correct?
__________________
Supercollecting Josh Johnson (University of San Diego, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cincinnati Bengals)
Collecting Chargers
, Padres, Packers, Lakers, University of San Diego alumni
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.