Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #76 (permalink)

nm i edited post #75
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #77 (permalink)

Well folks, it's time again to bring out my favorite quote -

"Never argue with a fool; they will bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Get off our board, Cuddy. Your potential of buying/selling.trading with most people has evaporated.

/ Thread.
Hobby Shop Owner in Wells, ME

nhsportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsportsguy View Post

"Never argue with a fool; they will bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Get off our board, Cuddy. Your potential of buying/selling.trading with most people has evaporated.

/ Thread.
second time you've pulled that quote right after I throw my thoughts into an argument. Can't tell if that's a compliment or not...
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #79 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

I understand what you are trying to say, but it's akin to saying what all rape victims could have done to increase their chances of not being raped. Sure what you would be saying is technically correct. Don't wear very revealing clothing in a place you aren't familiar with (don't buy autographs from people who aren't familiar with), etc. That's victim blaming to a degree. By saying that they should have done their due diligence, you are taking some of the blame off the potential scammer (or rapist) and placing it on the victim. That's why a lot of people are on your case here.
free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfatty View Post
second time you've pulled that quote right after I throw my thoughts into an argument. Can't tell if that's a compliment or not...
I assure you, it is.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
The posts are blending together, did Cuddy ever bother to address this?
I posted it twice. He is just running on fumes and his logic algorithm is flawed.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #82 (permalink)
Banned

it gives u a perfect hint when it says no coa
coolcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #83 (permalink)

Wait, your "proof" is comparing a Pujols pack pulled auto to a Pujols IP auto?? Pujols IP autos and certs are widely known to be different. Nice try though.
Cuddy Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:47 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeedonFleece View Post
I agree with everything you've said Cuddy.

That said, they're MY auctions!
Say it ain't so man. Hope this doesn't turn out poorly.

~~~~~~ GREG MADDUX - On-Card Autos in Braves Uniform ~~~~~~
~~~~~~ ALEX WOOD - 2013 Bowman Chrome/Draft Color (#/25 or less) ~~~~~~
~~~~~~ JORDAN SCHAFER - 2008 Bowman Chrome / 2009 Topps Chrome Autos & Color ~~~~~~
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:

/ Thread.
Even if I was 100% sure I was right, I would not make my first posts ever on this forum all about trying to defend someone everyone thinks is a scammer. What has he accomplished except raising red flags with people? He didn't change anyone's mind about this seller.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/

Last edited by friarbolt; 09-13-2012 at 06:07 PM.
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Even if I was 100% sure I was right, I would not make my first posts ever on this forum all about trying to defend someone everyone thinks is a scammer. What has he accomplishing except raising red flags with people? He didn't change anyone's mind about this seller.
A perfect expounding of my point! Well said, my friend. Well said!

Old 09-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #87 (permalink)

LOL @ NHsportsguy - if me having a difference of opinion on something with someone that it makes them so butt hurt that they would refuse to buy/sell/trade with me, like I would want to with them anyways.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #88 (permalink)

I've had a couple of fake patches that I bought from two sellers over the last 6 months and I was able to return them and get a refund for each one. Communication was very key in making these unfortunate circumstances work. In my opinion I would just let the seller know that you aren't interested now in buying the auto and just not pay him. Also, not having a COA with the auto does not make myself want to buy any auto and could be a sign of the auto not being real. Anyways, hope this helps you out and good luck!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddy Collector View Post
LOL @ NHsportsguy - if me having a difference of opinion on something with someone that it makes them so butt hurt that they would refuse to buy/sell/trade with me, like I would want to with them anyways.
It's not that at all. It's everything together. You are brand new, no feedback and few posts now outside this thread. For better or worse that leaves people suspicious. As a result, to build up a reputation you have to choose your battles wisely. The fact that you chose as your first major action on this forum to defend a seller like this is of concern. Also of concern is the fact that you defend him so strongly even though you are not connected to him. People start to think you are since most people wouldn't fight this hard for someone if they didn't know the person. Finally you use very weak arguments, a ton of people have chimed in believing they are fake, and every auto looks way off. I don't know what other evidence we can provide, yes it's a judgement call but everything overwhelmingly points to them being fake.

So we are left wondering why a brand new member ignores all these people saying they are fake and chooses to fight a losing battle defending what appears to be a scammer. All that together does not shine a positive light on you as a new member.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
Old 09-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Even if I was 100% sure I was right, I would not make my first posts ever on this forum all about trying to defend someone everyone thinks is a scammer. What has he accomplished except raising red flags with people? He didn't change anyone's mind about this seller.
First things first, wasn't my first post on blowout, research it.
Second, if people choose to be lemmings and not post their own thoughts and just agree with others so be it. Not sure what red flags I raise by being diplomatic about not calling a person a fraud without proof first. You better hope I'm never on a jury of any of yours as I will plug me ears, say lalalala and pronounce you guilty from the onset. =))
Old 09-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Say it ain't so man. Hope this doesn't turn out poorly.
Of course they're not mine. It was a (poor) joke in an attempt to deflect the criticism being directed at Cuddy. OK he might have worded his first post on the thread differently but he hasn't been sticking up for the seller yet he's been vilified as if he was the seller.
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
First things first, wasn't my first post on blowout, research it.
Second, if people choose to be lemmings and not post their own thoughts and just agree with others so be it. Not sure what red flags I raise by being diplomatic about not calling a person a fraud without proof first. You better hope I'm never on a jury of any of yours as I will plug me ears, say lalalala and pronounce you guilty from the onset. =))
You just don't get it, add that to the reasons people are now going to blacklist you.

Never said this was literally your first post, but that comment makes sense you clearly think in such black and white terms that you have no sense of making logical judgement calls when there is a gray area.

Nobody is being a lemming, how do you know everyone hasn't made their own decision based on the evidence at hand? I know I did, I can easily see the autos are way off. And yes IP autos are different then pack pulled, but explain to me why EVERY SINGLE ONE is way off from what their autos normally look like? Quite a coincidence that the same guy could end up with the worst IP autos of so many different, unrelated athletes.

Hmmm people making a judgement call based on the evidence at hand, sounds a lot like what a jury does doesn't it?
Old 09-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #93 (permalink)

Friar, if someone early on had posted similarly to yourself then there would have been less debate on the matter. Instead the OP posted one Bryce Harper that, in isolation, may or not have been fake. And poor Cuddy is getting all the sh!t for it.
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
It's not that at all. It's everything together. You are brand new, no feedback and few posts now outside this thread. For better or worse that leaves people suspicious. As a result, to build up a reputation you have to choose your battles wisely. The fact that you chose as your first major action on this forum to defend a seller like this is of concern. Also of concern is the fact that you defend him so strongly even though you are not connected to him. People start to think you are since most people wouldn't fight this hard for someone if they didn't know the person. Finally you use very weak arguments, a ton of people have chimed in believing they are fake, and every auto looks way off. I don't know what other evidence we can provide, yes it's a judgement call but everything overwhelmingly points to them being fake.

So we are left wondering why a brand new member ignores all these people saying they are fake and chooses to fight a losing battle defending what appears to be a scammer. All that together does not shine a positive light on you as a new member.
I tell you what, if you will show me where I defended this seller, I will pack up my bags, delete my account and leave blowout.
My point from the onset, which it seems no one can grasp is calling someone out without proof. If that's the way you all choose to roll, so be it, I cant change that. I stated my side and I will let it be as is.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingJustin View Post
You truly are a one of a kind moron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afton9444 View Post
Is this guy Guy Really that DUMB??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afton9444 View Post
your missing the whole point
Quote:
You really just don't get it, do you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
his logic algorithm is flawed.
Quote:
It's not that at all. It's everything together
Quote:
You just don't get it, add that to the reasons people are now going to blacklist you.
Let's play a drinking game...everytime someone says something to the effect of Cuddy doesn't get it, we all take a shot...or a sip of a Shirley Temple for you youngsters.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeedonFleece View Post
Friar, if someone early on had posted similarly to yourself then there would have been less debate on the matter. Instead the OP posted one Bryce Harper that, in isolation, may or not have been fake. And poor Cuddy is getting all the sh!t for it.
The information was out there, in fact the final post before Cuddy chimed in directed people to the seller's page because all his autos looked fake.

Part of the issue with some people (not saying that's me) is new members who take a "matter of fact" approach when they come on here. Take your post for example. You say it looks real compared to some other autos and ask why people think the Harper is fake. Not confrontational, open to opinions.

Meanwhile Cuddy's first post is basically bashing the buyers for being stupid. The tone you set as a new member is huge.

Quote:
I tell you what, if you will show me where I defended this seller, I will pack up my bags, delete my account and leave blowout.
My point from the onset, which it seems no one can grasp is calling someone out without proof. If that's the way you all choose to roll, so be it, I cant change that. I stated my side and I will let it be as is.
Again you think very black and white so this may go over you head, but it's the tone you set. You start by bashing the buyers and basically saying it's their own fault. Then you launch into a whole argument about how there is no real proof these are fake. Those are certainly ways to defend the seller because if you win those arguments you are saying that the seller isn't at fault. It's either the buyers for being stupid or us for trying to condemn a seller without concrete evidence. Conversely when have you ever suggested the seller is wrong? Everything you have said would be on the side of the seller.

Unfortunately for you and black and white world, there are a lot of grey areas in real life. The seller may be legit, but people have decided there is enough to suggest he is not. You may be a stand-up card collector and a great person, but we have to go off what we see. Can't go off anything else because it's not out there, and what we see is a new member with an suspicious, overly abrasive way of dealing with people.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:

The OPs original post, this seller is absolutely selling fakes.
Your post, appears to be a scammer.

All along I have said potentially fake autos, my defence, not of this seller, is calling anyone out without proof.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #98 (permalink)

What I find funny is that some people think this is legit. The auto of every player he has done varies from the actual players true autograph.
2013 Topps Museum Jered Weaver Autos: 0/5
mt27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #99 (permalink)

the proof is in the auctions Cuddy you even agreed seeing the Andrew Luck... You might not be directly defending the seller but you are not showing any concern that this guy is selling fake autos. That is the RED FLAG that everyone is trying to point out to you. As a community that is built on trust and honesty I think you would stand up for that instead of saying hey I know all these autos don't look real and his wording in the description is the exact wording of a scammer. but we should leave him be....
Old 09-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
The OPs original post, this seller is absolutely selling fakes.
Your post, appears to be a scammer.

All along I have said potentially fake autos, my defence, not of this seller, is calling anyone out without proof.
Now you are just resorting to arguing semantics. That is his opinion, it just happens to be a strong one. Of course none of us can provide concrete evidence, but everything points to them being fake. It's a grey area, not black and white. We have to go off what we are given, and a store full of questionable autos is pretty strong evidence towards one direction.

Tell me this, would you be comfortable paying good money for one of those autos right now? After all as you say there is no real evidence, so you should be comfortable buying one correct?