Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: Who wins the AL MVP?
Mike Trout 107 39.48%
Miguel Cabrera 160 59.04%
Other 4 1.48%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #226 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronix View Post
All I know is Trout will be watching Cabrera on TV this weekend. It's hard to believe this is the first triple crown winner during my lifetime.

I don't really care who wins in the AL as long as braun* doesn't win in the NL.

Aren't you such the funniest* thing
Old 10-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #227 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
JohnAndrew: You think Posey should win MVP over Braun &Cutch since they didn't make the playoffs. So you say Braun & Cutch shouldn't win since they didn't make the playoffs. Yet you say that Trout(Not Playoff team) should win over Cabrera(A playoff team). I don't get this logic, shouldn't your same opinion apply for both leagues?

I read that another reason you want Trout to win is that you're a Yankees fan and Trout is from NJ, that's kinda understandable but I just don't get how you have opposite opinions for the same topic but different leagues.
Hey now! Where did I say that?

To be honest, I think I did actually allude to McCutchen not deserving it for captaining the sinking ship that is the Pirates a la Ellsbury and the Sox last year. The Angels and the Tigers were different because they both made strong pushes at the end -- it just wasn't enough for Los Angeles.

As far as Braun goes...my main concern is that voters are still thinking about the PEDs. Not saying it's right or wrong, but it's probably how it's gonna be.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #228 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
Hey now! Where did I say that?

To be honest, I think I did actually allude to McCutchen not deserving it for captaining the sinking ship that is the Pirates a la Ellsbury and the Sox last year. The Angels and the Tigers were different because they both made strong pushes at the end -- it just wasn't enough for Los Angeles.

As far as Braun goes...my main concern is that voters are still thinking about the PEDs. Not saying it's right or wrong, but it's probably how it's gonna be.
I am sorry if you didn't say all of it. A lot of people said that I though you were one of them. But I couldn't careless who won I just decided to point it out
Old 10-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #229 (permalink)

The only reason I would support Cabrera over Trout:

Quote:
From Elias: Miguel Cabrera knocked in 139 of the 726 runs the Tigers scored during the 2012 season (19.1 percent). That is the highest percentage of a team's total runs driven in by a single player from a team that appeared in the postseason since RBI became an official statistic in 1920. Prior to Cabrera, that marked was held by Johnny Bench, who drove in 148 of the N.L. Western Division Champion Reds' 775 total runs during the 1970 season (19.10 percent to Cabrera's 19.15 percent).
Old 10-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #230 (permalink)

^^^

That also wouldn't take into account any runs that we're scored if he hit into a double play like he did tonight

He's the MVP, people just need to accept it
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote