Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: Who wins the AL MVP?
Mike Trout 107 39.48%
Miguel Cabrera 160 59.04%
Other 4 1.48%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #201 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd3d86 View Post
I just thought this was interesting:

Should Triple Crown guarantee MVP? - SportsNation - ESPN

I was mainly shocked that California voted so highly in favor of Cabrera. I know both players have had amazing seasons, so we will just have to wait and see.
More like Dodgers fans would rather see Cabrera win it than anything

EDIT: I mean Dodgers fans don't want to see Trout get it, hahahaha

Last edited by zonacats8; 10-03-2012 at 10:28 PM.
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #202 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd3d86 View Post
I just thought this was interesting:

Should Triple Crown guarantee MVP? - SportsNation - ESPN

I was mainly shocked that California voted so highly in favor of Cabrera. I know both players have had amazing seasons, so we will just have to wait and see.
California RECOGNIZES! Good for them.
Tugarpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:49 PM   #203 (permalink)

It just hit me why Cabrera really wrapped up the MVP today and it's not really the fact that he won the triple crown

It's how the media is handling it

With all the storylines that have been going on in baseball today, they led off sportscenter with talking about the Miggy and it's been about 10 minutes and they're still talking about him. It will probably be like this for a few days too, and in the end, that could be what sways enough votes in his favor to win it.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #204 (permalink)

It's Cabrera.....it SHOULD be anyways.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #205 (permalink)

Miguel Cabrera had a phenomenal season, but Mike Trout was the best player on the planet for the year 2012. If you told every GM at the start of the 2012 season exactly what Trout would produce and exactly what Cabrera would produce, every GM in baseball would pick Mike Trout first.
FINDER'S FEE FOR ANY DUCHSCHERER CARD REMAINING ON MY LIST! (SEE WEBSITE)
alwayson22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:01 AM   #206 (permalink)

The problem is that everyone is saying how Trout was the best player and Cabrera the best hitter and so forth, but what everyone pulling for Trout seems to forget is that is the most VALUABLE player, not the best

And as great as Trout's season was, Cabrera was more valuable to the Tigers than Trout to the Angels
Old 10-04-2012, 12:03 AM   #207 (permalink)

I'm going Trout... the first player ever to hit 30 HR, steal 45 bases and score 125 runs.
Not to mention that awesome defense.

Gotta love that.
shayscards79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:14 AM   #208 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
The problem is that everyone is saying how Trout was the best player and Cabrera the best hitter and so forth, but what everyone pulling for Trout seems to forget is that is the most VALUABLE player, not the best

And as great as Trout's season was, Cabrera was more valuable to the Tigers than Trout to the Angels
How the hell was cabrera's season more valueable to the tigers than trouts was to the angels? They were in last place when he came up. If he played in deteroits divison they would be in the playoffs. No one in baseball was more valueable to their team then trout was to the angels. Not only did he provide a great offense his defense was out of this world

ALWAYS BUYING RENATO NUNEZ BC AUTOS
chansen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:24 AM   #209 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chansen10 View Post
How the hell was cabrera's season more valueable to the tigers than trouts was to the angels? They were in last place when he came up. If he played in deteroits divison they would be in the playoffs. No one in baseball was more valueable to their team then trout was to the angels. Not only did he provide a great offense his defense was out of this world
simple

with Trout the Angels missed the playoffs

without Cabrera not only do the Tigers not make the playoffs this year, but they lose 20 additional games
Old 10-04-2012, 02:16 AM   #210 (permalink)

Either way I wish I still had this card I pulled this year..... I sold it just before or just as he was called up..... Sold it for $100 or $200, can't remember exactly....

/5
Old 10-04-2012, 02:57 AM   #211 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy1313 View Post
Either way I wish I still had this card I pulled this year..... I sold it just before or just as he was called up..... Sold it for $100 or $200, can't remember exactly....

/5
Well, I am glad I didn't sell this before the season started like was planning to do.

ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:02 AM   #212 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Well, I am glad I didn't sell this before the season started like was planning to do.

NICE !!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 03:05 AM   #213 (permalink)

Raimel Tapia was born to hit baseballs
gunshowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:23 AM   #214 (permalink)

I'm also starting to think that Trout's age may hurt him in the race for MVP

I think a lot of voters will think about how Cabrera has been in the top 5 five times without winning it and that because of that, him winning the triple crown is any tie breaker needed against a rookie
Old 10-04-2012, 06:20 AM   #215 (permalink)
Banned

Anybody that votes for Trout over Miggy for mvp should be deported to Afghanistan
brianbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #216 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianbye View Post
Anybody that votes for Trout over Miggy for mvp should be deported to Afghanistan
preach on brotha
Old 10-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #217 (permalink)

Quote:
Congratulations on understanding that a sample size of 20 games means literally next to nothing.

You have no way of truly proving that Trout is the reason that the Angels turned their season around. Trout playing well didn't magically inspire Pujols to start hitting again. With such a loaded roster (Hell, they were my WS pick preseason before we even knew what Trout would do), they easily could have turned the season around without Trout. This argument that Trout turned the Angels season around is so flawed.
btimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #218 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimm View Post
Congratulations on understanding that a sample size of 20 games means literally next to nothing.

You have no way of truly proving that Trout is the reason that the Angels turned their season around. Trout playing well didn't magically inspire Pujols to start hitting again. With such a loaded roster (Hell, they were my WS pick preseason before we even knew what Trout would do), they easily could have turned the season around without Trout. This argument that Trout turned the Angels season around is so flawed.
He has a war of 10.7 Without him they are not in contention to make the playoffs... Hes the only reason they were in the hunt. Yet again the angels had a better record then the tigers im not going to penalize trout because he plays in the best division in baseball.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #219 (permalink)

Quote:
He has a war of 10.7 Without him they are not in contention to make the playoffs... Hes the only reason they were in the hunt. Yet again the angels had a better record then the tigers im not going to penalize trout because he plays in the best division in baseball.
How do you know they couldn't have turned it aroudn without Trout? Answer me that. I think they very easily could have turned it around, as I said, they were my preseason favorites as it is, it is not like they were deprived of talent like the Astros or something here, they have elite talent even without Trout. You cannot directly tie their turnaround to Trout. That is not logical.
btimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #220 (permalink)

Trout is a Beast. He's the AL ROY. Cabrera winning triple crown, Tigers overtaking White Sox for Central title.....Gotta be Cabrera
Old 10-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #221 (permalink)

Why do they have to announce the winner in late November?

So far away
Old 10-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #222 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimm View Post
How do you know they couldn't have turned it aroudn without Trout? Answer me that. I think they very easily could have turned it around, as I said, they were my preseason favorites as it is, it is not like they were deprived of talent like the Astros or something here, they have elite talent even without Trout. You cannot directly tie their turnaround to Trout. That is not logical.
Ill agree to disagree with you

Old 10-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #223 (permalink)

JohnAndrew: You think Posey should win MVP over Braun &Cutch since they didn't make the playoffs. So you say Braun & Cutch shouldn't win since they didn't make the playoffs. Yet you say that Trout(Not Playoff team) should win over Cabrera(A playoff team). I don't get this logic, shouldn't your same opinion apply for both leagues?

I read that another reason you want Trout to win is that you're a Yankees fan and Trout is from NJ, that's kinda understandable but I just don't get how you have opposite opinions for the same topic but different leagues.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:20 PM   #224 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
Why do they have to announce the winner in late November?

So far away
After the WS is over, but votes are placed before the playoff's
Old 10-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #225 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

All I know is Trout will be watching Cabrera on TV this weekend. It's hard to believe this is the first triple crown winner during my lifetime.

I don't really care who wins in the AL as long as braun* doesn't win in the NL.
Astronix is offline   Reply With Quote