Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: Who wins the AL MVP?
Mike Trout 107 39.48%
Miguel Cabrera 160 59.04%
Other 4 1.48%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 27,364
Default AL MVP- Trout or Cabrera

Who wins it?
__________________
91 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs
Collect Trevor Plouffe, Kennys Vargas, Adam Brett Walker, Twins Printing Plates, Toby Gerhart, Eric Decker, Ra'Shede Hageman
Sierra. Hotel. India. Echo. Lima. Delta. The Shield. Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! #FollowTheBuzzards
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
RedSoxFan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 4,672
Default

Jose Iglesias!
__________________
Baseball- Boston Red Sox, Football- New England Patriots, Basketball- Boston Celtics & OKC Thunder, Hockey- Boston Bruins
"I understand you live in Maine and idiocy,ignorance and stupidity is a part of daily life" - Gibberish (10/12/2012)
RedSoxFan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Hollenbackcards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 461
Default

Trout!!!!!!!!!!!! No Angels Bias here
Hollenbackcards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
rudyjustinfarrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,872
Default

I don't own any Miggy stuff.. so I vote TROUT
__________________
Always willing to talk shop or B/S/T.
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
mgugs46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 12,706
Send a message via AIM to mgugs46
Default

If Cabrera wins the triple crown, he's got the MVP IMO. If no, I think Trout.
__________________
Buying rare 90's inserts of Pedro Martinez, Nomar Garciaparra and other Red Sox/star players

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
MarshallCutler6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,043
Default

Triple Crown + Playoffs= MVP

Theres really no dobut in my mind about this one, Trouts a great story, And Will Be ROy and probably win quite a few MVPs in the future, But Miggy is the MVP.
MarshallCutler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,171
Default

I gotta go with Cabrera on this one.
__________________
S.Y.L.B 1%
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
RedSoxFan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 4,672
Default

Am I the only one to vote for "Other"?
__________________
Baseball- Boston Red Sox, Football- New England Patriots, Basketball- Boston Celtics & OKC Thunder, Hockey- Boston Bruins
"I understand you live in Maine and idiocy,ignorance and stupidity is a part of daily life" - Gibberish (10/12/2012)
RedSoxFan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
CALVINXLIONSX81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
Am I the only one to vote for "Other"?
Who the heck is the "Other"?
__________________
Dream Card - Purchased!
Ziggy is the Ansah!
CALVINXLIONSX81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALVINXLIONSX81 View Post
Who the heck is the "Other"?
Edwin Encarnacion
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
CALVINXLIONSX81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Edwin Encarnacion
Ohhhh, If it was Travis Snider then you could make the Argument
__________________
Dream Card - Purchased!
Ziggy is the Ansah!
CALVINXLIONSX81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnnysBench's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Bubble, MD
Posts: 2,964
Default

Weird to say, but I HOPE Trout because it will be more Ignition for the hobby. However Cabrera has earned the M.V.P this year IMO...
__________________
" I hate ALL hitters, I start a game mad and stay that way until it's over..." (Don Drysdale)
JohnnysBench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALVINXLIONSX81 View Post
Ohhhh, If it was Travis Snider then you could make the Argument
He's with Pittsburgh now, remember .

Besides, how many awards can this guy get? Catch of the Year, Sexiest Man Alive (at least on this forum). The guy can't lose!
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
CALVINXLIONSX81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
He's with Pittsburgh now, remember .

Besides, how many awards can this guy get? Catch of the Year, Sexiest Man Alive (at least on this forum). The guy can't lose!
Doesn't mean he can win both MVP's
__________________
Dream Card - Purchased!
Ziggy is the Ansah!

Last edited by CALVINXLIONSX81; 10-01-2012 at 08:20 PM.
CALVINXLIONSX81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
RedSoxFan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 4,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALVINXLIONSX81 View Post
Who the heck is the "Other"?
Jose Iglesias, how does he not get your vote??? A .123 BA, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 7 Hits, 5 Runs, .211 SLG, .219 OBP in 22 games, MVP...MVP....MVP....MVP
__________________
Baseball- Boston Red Sox, Football- New England Patriots, Basketball- Boston Celtics & OKC Thunder, Hockey- Boston Bruins
"I understand you live in Maine and idiocy,ignorance and stupidity is a part of daily life" - Gibberish (10/12/2012)
RedSoxFan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
CALVINXLIONSX81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,953
Default

MIGGY HOME RUN
__________________
Dream Card - Purchased!
Ziggy is the Ansah!
CALVINXLIONSX81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 27,364
Default

Mauer 1-4, looking good for the Triple Crown. However, Mauer should drop down a few bunts with the shift going against him.
__________________
91 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs
Collect Trevor Plouffe, Kennys Vargas, Adam Brett Walker, Twins Printing Plates, Toby Gerhart, Eric Decker, Ra'Shede Hageman
Sierra. Hotel. India. Echo. Lima. Delta. The Shield. Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! #FollowTheBuzzards
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Ryan T.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,072
Send a message via AIM to Ryan T.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Mauer 1-4, looking good for the Triple Crown. However, Mauer should drop down a few bunts with the shift going against him.
I always wondered why more players don't do that against that ridiculous shift. Not only do you get a couple cheap hits, but then the defense has to play for the bunt also and you take away their shift.
__________________
Always buying high-end Francisco Liriano.
Ryan T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:33 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
kordell1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Carrollton, TX
Posts: 917
Default

Trout is having a great season but Cabrera deserves the MVP. September is enough for me. While both teams were fighting to get into the playoffs, Trout batted .257 with 6 RBIs in September and his team is pretty much out of it while Cabrera batted .308 with 10 HRs and 27 RBIs to help push Detroit into the playoffs.
__________________
GO RANGERS!
kordell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
alwayson22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 371
Default

For 2012, Mike Trout was the best player in baseball.
__________________
My Website ---> http://justinduchscherercollection.weebly.com/
I Collect Justin Duchscherer --- 213/228 Non-1/1's (93.42%)
My Photobucket ---> http://s1105.photobucket.com/albums/h353/alwayson22/
FINDER'S FEE FOR ANY DUCHSCHERER CARD REMAINING ON MY LIST! (SEE WEBSITE)
alwayson22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:46 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
DtigersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayson22 View Post
For 2012, Mike Trout was the best player in baseball.
He had a great season and one of the best ever by a rookie, but he did not have the best season. I think even Trout himself would tell you that Cabrera had the better season and led his team into the playoffs.
DtigersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:51 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnAndrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ZOO York!
Posts: 5,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtigersFan View Post
He had a great season and one of the best ever by a rookie, but he did not have the best season. I think even Trout himself would tell you that Cabrera had the better season and led his team into the playoffs.
Bold statement from a Tigers fan.

Justin Verlander did more to get the Tigers to the playoffs than Cabrera did. There, I said it.
__________________
Fan of the Yankees and Syracuse Hoops.
JohnAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:05 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
DtigersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
Bold statement from a Tigers fan.

Justin Verlander did more to get the Tigers to the playoffs than Cabrera did. There, I said it.
Verlander has said several times that Miggy should be the MVP, opposing teams say there is no argument that Miggy is the MVP. Fielder even said in a postgame interview that he is playing a complimentary role to Cabrera and that the Tigers is Cabrera's team. I know these guys are trying to promote their teammate, but they seem sincere that Miggy is the most deserving. And to quote the great Jeff Passan "it takes one to know one" and if Verlander agrees that Cabbie is the MVP then he is.
DtigersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:30 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnAndrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ZOO York!
Posts: 5,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtigersFan View Post
Verlander has said several times that Miggy should be the MVP, opposing teams say there is no argument that Miggy is the MVP. Fielder even said in a postgame interview that he is playing a complimentary role to Cabrera and that the Tigers is Cabrera's team. I know these guys are trying to promote their teammate, but they seem sincere that Miggy is the most deserving. And to quote the great Jeff Passan "it takes one to know one" and if Verlander agrees that Cabbie is the MVP then he is.
Is this for real? Cabrera is MVP because Verlander said so?

I suppose Pujols should throw his weight behind Trout, and then what? The guy has won the damn thing more times than I care to count, so clearly he must know.

Let's be honest: what else is Justin supposed to say? "I threw nearly 240 innings of 2.62 ERA ball, so I, of course, am the MVP.

These guys get special media training that encourages them to downplay their own achievements and focus on their teammates. Of course Justin and Prince are gonna shower their possible Triple Crown winner with praise -- they've basically been trained to do so.

The ironic thing is that you can argue that Cabrera's 2011 campaign was better than his 2012 -- Verlander was just so ridiculous that no one remembers it. This will continue to be Justin's team and he'll keep Jimmy Leyland off the hot seat as long as he continues to carry the team on his back.
__________________
Fan of the Yankees and Syracuse Hoops.
JohnAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:50 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
DtigersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
Is this for real? Cabrera is MVP because Verlander said so?

I suppose Pujols should throw his weight behind Trout, and then what? The guy has won the damn thing more times than I care to count, so clearly he must know.

Let's be honest: what else is Justin supposed to say? "I threw nearly 240 innings of 2.62 ERA ball, so I, of course, am the MVP.

These guys get special media training that encourages them to downplay their own achievements and focus on their teammates. Of course Justin and Prince are gonna shower their possible Triple Crown winner with praise -- they've basically been trained to do so.

The ironic thing is that you can argue that Cabrera's 2011 campaign was better than his 2012 -- Verlander was just so ridiculous that no one remembers it. This will continue to be Justin's team and he'll keep Jimmy Leyland off the hot seat as long as he continues to carry the team on his back.
I'm not saying that Verlander won't get votes as he won it last year and has almost identical stats this year other than having less wins. I would love to see Verlander win it again, but it is Miggy's year to win it as he will probably be the first triple crown winner in 45 years, and it is more difficult to lead all 3 categories in 2012 than it was back then. Just speaking statistically when was the last time that a pitcher won back to back MVP awards? I'm not saying it can't happen, because I know JV is a special pitcher, but statistics tell us that an everyday player will most likely win the MVP and Cabrera is the everyday player that is most deserving of the award, just look at the poll in this thread.
DtigersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.