Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyni View Post
Congratulations Josh. You have proven without a doubt that the Rangers should not re-sign you with your absolutely pathetic 0-4 w/ 2 more strikeouts. It has been 45 critical at-bats since your last homer.

I wish Josh good luck next season. I hope he has a great year. It just won't be for the Rangers.
The Rangers collapse all on Hamilton? Thats not fair. Everything hes done since hes been in Texas is erased by those 45 at bats?

2 World Series appearances dont matter but the past month does?

Thought Boston fans were bad
IamRalpho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Brave13 View Post
all the talk about stats for a month is bull sh**...the guy produces...fact:

*he's a FA,
*he feels he deserves at least a 4 year deal or something to take him to the end of his baseball carrer,
*he's one of the top fielding OF players in the league the last 3-4 years,
*do we really need to talk about his HR's, RBI, Runs, SB's and speed?

Anyone can a specific month out of anyone's playing career and use that as their own justification for letting a player go or not to give him a new contract. It's hard to keep personal biased out of this, but you must try to. The Rangers have been to the WS the past 2 years, and other players were performing and picking up some of the slack where others like Josh left off this season, it happens.

Here is what I see happening in the off season and I have zero facts to support it, only rumor and things I see:

*Elvis gets traded to AZ and we get J. Upton to fill in the OF where Hamilton will be missed (yes, Hammy will be gone because he will want way too much scratch),

*Profar gets shifted to SS and he and Kinsler run the middle INF.

Just my .02
Heard rumors the phillies will be looking at Upton as well...guess we will see...i see hamilton having the Pujols syndrom... he will get a decent deal and will get hurt or under produce next year..
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #53 (permalink)

Phillies have nothing for Upton, the Diamondbacks wont even pick up the phone.

I can see Andrus and something for Upton, that makes trade, but I can also see Profar in the minors next year, at least for part of it.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
The Rangers collapse all on Hamilton? Thats not fair. Everything hes done since hes been in Texas is erased by those 45 at bats?

2 World Series appearances dont matter but the past month does?
Thought Boston fans were bad
Thats the key statement....Maybe a ring but 0-2...
Old 10-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
Phillies have nothing for Upton, the Diamondbacks wont even pick up the phone.

I can see Andrus and something for Upton, that makes trade, but I can also see Profar in the minors next year, at least for part of it.
really? I see a few pieces of pitching Worley, Cloyd that will draw interest and possibly Jimmy Rollins...I cant see Profar in the minors... i think the rangers will want to have his youth and speed and to see what he can do...
Old 10-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
really? I see a few pieces of pitching Worley, Cloyd that will draw interest and possibly Jimmy Rollins...I cant see Profar in the minors... i think the rangers will want to have his youth and speed and to see what he can do...
Those arent pieces to trade for Justin Upton, two back end starters and over 30 SS for someone who just turned 25 and was the #1 pick a few years ago.

Phillies have no one, they dont have any high end propsects to deal for Upton.

Andrus makes sense tho, but I can see the Rangers keeping Profar in the minors to stop his service time for a bit ala Trout and Harper this year
Old 10-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Ryan will not pay for a guy who will not deliver. Oh wait, they just signed Kinsler to an extension earlier this year...I guess they do. Stay tuned.
Interesting that you believe Kinsler's .905 OPS in postseason is not producing.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #58 (permalink)

Thumbs down

As if God cares about baseball, Josh will go where God wants him to go.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
As if God cares about baseball, Josh will go where God wants him to go.
And God will steer him to whatever idiot team gives him 5 years or a billion dollars.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #60 (permalink)

Rangers fans booing him! What an insult. Stupid. The guy was the MVP of the team. Just think where you'd be without him and all his HRs. I hope he goes to the Angels and joins the other bash brothers and beat's yall every game.
justinhiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #61 (permalink)

I can't believe how quickly Rangers fans have turned on him. He played at an MVP caliber level for the first couple months of the season, but has since dropped off in the past one or two months. As a Rangers fan, this is both good and bad news. Bad-Rangers are out of the playoffs. Good-Hamilton should be easier to sign in the offseason. Personally, I still believe that Hamilton is the face of the Rangers franchise and needs to be resigned, but not at $20 million a year.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peafour View Post
Oh my god, no no no a thousand times no. The Cubs are in no position to spend any money next year on anything other than lineup filling role players. They shouldn't sign anyone over a Paul Mahalom level of talent for next year. Certainly no established veteran stars. This post made me barf a little bit just thinking about it.
I didn't say it was a good idea, but they aren't known for making good signings. If they are able to get rid of Soriano I could see them throwing money at someone else.
dbackschamp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad97 View Post
Yea just like there was 0% chance that the Red Sox were going to get rid of AGonz as well right? Nothing in baseball is zero percent chance. I could very well see Detroit throwing out a competitive bid for Hamilton.
First, I never said there was a 0% chance AGon would be moved, so I am not sure why that is even remotely applicable.

Second, the Tigers get VMart back next year, so I cannot see why they would spend money on a long term contract for a guy like Hamilton. If they make a big splash, it will be for a pitcher.
btimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #64 (permalink)

Ron Washington is more to blame for their collapse than Hamilton is.
MVPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #65 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
37 strikeouts. If strikeouts were hits he would be batting .393!!

Wait, what!? come on. That is like saying that if Adam Dunn didn't have 222 strikeouts this year he'd be batting .667.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #66 (permalink)

Miguel Cabrera hits 44 HRs, has 139 RBIs and Tigers fans think he had greatest year ever. Josh Hamilton hits 43 HRs, knocks in 128, and gets booed by Rangers fans.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradical View Post
Miguel Cabrera hits 44 HRs, has 139 RBIs and Tigers fans think he had greatest year ever. Josh Hamilton hits 43 HRs, knocks in 128, and gets booed by Rangers fans.
It is all about "What have you done for me lately?" That is why he was booed. I was there. I booed him and the entire team too. It was a pathetic effort. From April until August the Rangers were the best team in the American League. From Sept. 1 on...terrible.

You guys are all a bunch of overreacting crazies.

I started this mess so I want to finish it. Hamilton is a great player. I am still a huge fan of his and I hope he continues to have a great career. It is way more than just stats with him. I watch him every day. Many of you don't. You see a box score and make a judgement. I watch the at bats. I see the absurd hacks he takes up there. No plate discipline. I would be scared to think of the numbers he would put up if he was really focused.

I actually hope the Rangers can re-sign him. I think he will want more than the Rangers are willing to pay and that will be that.

There are so many comments in this thread that I want to answer, but I am afraid I will have a meltdown. And yes...Kinsler is NOT PRODUCTIVE!!! Watch the damn games!! It is more than stats!!!

Last edited by Moyni; 10-06-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Moyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
It is all about "What have you done for me lately?" That is why he was booed. I was there. I booed him and the entire team too. It was a pathetic effort. From April until August the Rangers were the best team in the American League. From Sept. 1 on...terrible.

You guys are all a bunch of overreacting crazies.

I started this mess so I want to finish it. Hamilton is a great player. I am still a huge fan of his and I hope he continues to have a great career. It is way more than just stats with him. I watch him every day. Many of you don't. You see a box score and make a judgement. I watch the at bats. I see the absurd hacks he takes up there. No plate discipline. I would be scared to think of the numbers he would put up if he was really focused.

I actually hope the Rangers can re-sign him. I think he will want more than the Rangers are willing to pay and that will be that.

There are so many comments in this thread that I want to answer, but I am afraid I will have a meltdown. And yes...Kinsler is NOT PRODUCTIVE!!! Watch the damn games!! It is more than stats!!!
I do watch the games (every single one of them) and you are a crazy person if you actually believe Kinsler isn't productive. Wash and his loyalty to Young killed this team.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #69 (permalink)

Kinsler is productive but I don't think he should be batting 1st.
MVPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPete View Post
Kinsler is productive but I don't think he should be batting 1st.
I completely agree that he is not a leadoff hitter.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #71 (permalink)

Kinsler is absolutely terrible on the road, like below replacement level bad.

Home .293/.361/.524 14 HR
Road: .220/.290/.321 5 HR
Old 10-07-2012, 12:48 AM   #72 (permalink)

Just wishful thinking but I would love to see Hamilton in pinstripes. Yanks could use a solid outfielder with ibanez on a 1 year contract and Gardner seeming to be a injury liability lately. The batting lineup would be awesome. Jeter, granderson, cano, Hamilton, Rodriguez, teixeira, swisher, Gardner and a DH. I drool just thinking about it. But like I said wishful thinking.
Lastminute73 is offline   Reply With Quote