Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   BASEBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/)
-   -   Hamilton will never play for the Rangers again - Stats to prove it!! (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/378137-hamilton-will-never-play-rangers-again-stats-prove.html)

Moyni 10-03-2012 07:17 PM

Hamilton will never play for the Rangers again - Stats to prove it!!

The Rangers have collapsed in September and lost the division to the Oakland (Bleepin') A's. This team has shown no heart for weeks and it all starts with their "leader"...Josh Hamilton. When his team needed him most he disappeared.

Here are the gory stats for the month.

25 games played (remember he missed crucial games due to "blurry vision")

23 for 94 .245 avg

7 HRs, but none in the last nine games

16 RBIs, but none in late game crucial situations

and here is the real kick in the nuts...

37 strikeouts. If strikeouts were hits he would be batting .393!!

I am as big of a Hamilton fan as there is because I appreciate what he has been through and I respect his faith, but I cannot tell you how disappointed in his performance.

Today, he looked completely disinterested and unfocused.

Good luck to the team dumb enough to pay him.

Tugarpj 10-03-2012 07:27 PM

The only stat that really matters...Nolan Ryan can't stand the guy.

oldgoldy97 10-03-2012 07:31 PM

Well, I wouldn't say you are the biggest Hamilton fan there is because I'm sure there are fans of his out there not blasting him.

Moyni 10-03-2012 07:45 PM

[QUOTE=oldgoldy97;3416322]Well, I wouldn't say you are the biggest Hamilton fan there is because I'm sure there are fans of his out there not blasting him.[/QUOTE]

They are blasting him is they are being real about the situation.

groundsupport 10-03-2012 07:46 PM

I think the whole problem is that he stopped taking caffine.

ufcwecfan 10-03-2012 07:47 PM

A's are a hot team, they scare me.

groundsupport 10-03-2012 07:48 PM

Besides, the guy has an drug and alcohol problem. His teammates don't give a dang about that. He sees alcohol everywhere in the clubhouse.

I think Buster Onley said he had to go sit in another room with his AA sponser after the games because of it.

wickedliquids 10-03-2012 08:38 PM

It's obvious guys.

He's drinking again.

papercards 10-03-2012 08:57 PM

I have become a Rangers fan because my fiance is from Dallas, and this was a few yrs ago. I really liked the team, how they hustled and Hamilton and his story.

I have to say that this year, other than Beltre and maybe a few players here and there, they just seem like they don't care. That error by Hamilton epitomized the season. Their fundamentals are horrific, but there just seems to be zero fire in the team. Kinsler shovels the ball like he is in mud, Cruz once again misplays a routine grounder, Andrus yesterday lollygags a throw over to first and Hamilton lets a ball through his legs for a few runs. This has happened all year, but not to what seems to be much more in the last month, when it is crucial to play your best ball. This is the complete opposite of the A's, who are fun as hell to watch to be frank.

This summer, even after his slump I wanted Hamilton back. I can say after watching these past few months, I would rather let him walk. Something else is going on with him other than drinking too much Red Bull, and it is rubbing off on the whole club. I think the foul ball incident still weighs on him, there are rumors about his marriage, the whole free agency thing. I still really admire his story, but bottom line is winning games. He isn't helping them win anymore from what I see, and since the summer, he is Rob Deer up there most of the time. He just swings at almost everything and misses just as much.

pmannings#1fan 10-03-2012 09:04 PM

Based on these experts in this thread I better sell the Hamiltons that I have either that or bet he'll be in Arlington next year.

IamRalpho 10-03-2012 09:31 PM

[QUOTE=pmannings#1fan;3416953]Based on these experts in this thread I better sell the Hamiltons that I have either that or bet he'll be in Arlington next year.[/QUOTE]

No kidding, because they struggled down the stretch means hes gone? They still made teh playoffs!

Hes gonna go back to Texas next year, without a doubt.

WCTYSON 10-03-2012 09:35 PM

[QUOTE=IamRalpho;3417169]Hes gonna go back to Texas next year, without a doubt.[/QUOTE]

I live in the D/FW area and trust me, there is a lot of doubt.

IamRalpho 10-03-2012 09:37 PM

[QUOTE=WCTYSON;3417204]I live in the D/FW area and trust me, there is a lot of doubt.[/QUOTE]

I am basing it on the pure fact I dont see any other team giving him a big deal other than the Rangers who know him and know how to handle him.

I think Hamilton goes back for less than expected

lambeauleap87 10-03-2012 09:41 PM

So, out of curiosity, where exactly are the stats that prove he'll never play for the Rangers again?

WCTYSON 10-03-2012 09:45 PM

[QUOTE=IamRalpho;3417217]I am basing it on the pure fact I dont see any other team giving him a big deal other than the Rangers who know him and know how to handle him.

I think Hamilton goes back for less than expected[/QUOTE]

I think Hamilton goes someplace else for more than the Rangers are willing to pay.

davidhibler 10-03-2012 09:56 PM

#@#@#@#@er owes me 2 runs...

Tugarpj 10-03-2012 10:03 PM

[QUOTE=IamRalpho;3417217]I am basing it on the pure fact I dont see any other team giving him a big deal other than the Rangers who know him and know how to handle him.

I think Hamilton goes back for less than expected[/QUOTE]

Have you ever heard of the New York Yankees. Buying titles since 1923.

Moyni 10-03-2012 10:17 PM

[QUOTE=lambeauleap87;3417249]So, out of curiosity, where exactly are the stats that prove he'll never play for the Rangers again?[/QUOTE]

Ryan will not pay for a guy who will not deliver. Oh wait, they just signed Kinsler to an extension earlier this year...I guess they do. Stay tuned.

WCTYSON 10-03-2012 10:19 PM

[QUOTE=Tugarpj;3417507]Have you ever heard of the New York Yankees. Buying titles since 1923.[/QUOTE]

Tired and weak, hater argument. Take a look back if you must. Yankees teams of the past have had the most success with homegrown talent. Yes, they do go after some high dollar free agents but they also pay there own very well. Consider it the cost of doing business in NYC and making more money than any other baseball franchise.

IamRalpho 10-03-2012 10:26 PM

I doubt the Yankees go after him, Cashman isnt dumb. He only makes sense in Texas.

If the Yankees want him, thats great for the Red Sox because his deal will almost be as bad as A-Rods

pmannings#1fan 10-03-2012 10:27 PM

[QUOTE=Moyni;3417655]Ryan will not pay for a guy who will not deliver. Oh wait, they just signed Kinsler to an extension earlier this year...I guess they do. Stay tuned.[/QUOTE]

I guess being 3rd in the league in runs isn't delivering huh?:rolleyes:

Imac7065 10-03-2012 10:29 PM

I said the Heat would sign Lebron James in 2008... no one believed me

I said the Marlins would try to sign Albert Pujols.. no one believed me

I'll say this now too... The Marlins will make a run at Josh Hamilton.. and if they are willing to spend the $$$... he will be a Marlin. The fit is person and I don't think Loria wants to whiff like he did on Pujols again.

enyouartist 10-03-2012 10:32 PM

[QUOTE=Tugarpj;3416288]The only stat that really matters...Nolan Ryan can't stand the guy.[/QUOTE]

Source? I never heard about a Ryan/ Hamilton story.

BostonNut 10-03-2012 10:35 PM

Are you ever, ever, ever, [U]ever[/U] wrong? [B]EVER?[/B] Like...have you ever uttered an incorrect statement in your life? [B][I][U]EVER?[/U][/I][/B]

[QUOTE=Imac7065;3417784]I said the Heat would sign Lebron James in 2008... no one believed me

I'll say this now too... The Marlins will make a run at Josh Hamilton.. and if they are willing to spend the $$$... he will be a Marlin. The fit is person and I don't think Loria wants to whiff like he did on Pujols again.[/QUOTE]

IamRalpho 10-03-2012 10:46 PM

[QUOTE=Imac7065;3417784]I said the Heat would sign Lebron James in 2008... no one believed me

I'll say this now too... The Marlins will make a run at Josh Hamilton.. and if they are willing to spend the $$$... he will be a Marlin. The fit is person and I don't think Loria wants to whiff like he did on Pujols again.[/QUOTE]

Because the Marlins are the pillars of the baseball world with the smart free agent signings, quality people and just an excellent overall business.

Everyone and their mother said the Marlins were gonna go after Pujols big guy

LOL