Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What to do with my damaged Triple Threads cards

Hey guys, just posted my birthday break of 2012 Triple Threads to the box breaks section. Pulled 2 awesome cards but the conditions are not good. The Jered Weaver has many surface imperfections along his hat/face. Also, the "E" in David Price is almost peeled off. Looked like that right when I pulled it. I am wondering what you guys think I should do. Should I call Topps and mail them both in and see what they could do for me? Haven't had this happen to me before so all help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 10-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Well the Weaver was probably supposed to be like that considering it's a printing plate. Most plates have ink on them, so that's actually not in bad condition.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

The printing plate is what it is.

As for the part of the "E" pelling off, I would try to adjust it back so it looks normal and stick it in a holder that would keep it in position so it at least looks unaffected. (planning to resell it?)

It's woth a try, I don't know if Topps could/would do anything for such lower #'d cards.
sthoemke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

nothing to do about the weaver. the price would be your decision
Old 10-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Printing plate is fine. It's not supposed to be mint. It's used to make cards.

With all small detail cutting on TTT, you get damage on some of those super tiny fragile cuts. Happens all the time, like chipping on back of black border cards.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:54 AM   #6 (permalink)

Topps is going to give you a hard time about replacing either of those cards. I redeemed a 2011 Bowman Freddie Freeman Blue Ref Redemption and when it came the card looked good under normal light but as soon as you shine a brighter light on it, the whole surface looks like a little kid scribbled all over Freddie with a pen that was out of ink or something- its CRAZY! NEVER saw a card this scratched up in my life, let alone one that came directly from Topps! I sent it in and they sent it right back and said it was "a normal manufacturing mark". WOW so when you manufacture a card now it comes out totally ruined?!?! Am-ayyyy-zing!

Topps is beyond help, the company is totally evil and they hate you as a customer who buys their products and has the nerve to speak up about the horrible condition your cards are in, because they are only concerned about your $$$MONEY$$$.

The company we have all loved and adored as children has now turned into Audrey(the plant) from the Little Shop of Horrors movie.... FEED ME! FEED ME SEYMORE! And if you let them, they'll suck you dry. If you haven't seen that movie, it is excellent btw!

I have noticed in the last couple years the employees, that you speak to when you call, act a whole lot more smug and rude when you call to tell them about a problem you have with one of their products. They act as if it is almost YOUR fault that the card got damaged or act like it just might be YOUR fault that they didn't put an auto in a hobby box that says it contains at least ONE auto.

Topps acts like you should just accept that you rolled the dice and bought that box and just so happened to get a ruined card out of a box that should be worth a lot of money but its not. They want you to take it like a man and maybe even give them a half smile, buy them dinner and a movie, after your done taking it in the bum..

Haven't busted any boxes since 2011 Bowman went live because of their "first-rate" customer service, screw those guys.