Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Best way to ship a card lot

I won a auction the other day and I just received a Pm from the Seller.Asking for suggestions on how to ship my lot.

It's about 20 cards and Each Card is autographed.He asked if a Large Bubble Envelope is ok.I am not sure if Bubble is the way to go.What do you guys think.

Any suggestions I guess this seller never ran into shipping a lot like this.You can not put these all in a Team Bag that's for sure

Last edited by refuse24; 10-05-2012 at 09:44 AM.
refuse24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

I think a team bag holds 5-8 toploaded cards. On top of that? I'd put cardboard on each side of the three "bundles" just to protect against rough USPS handling. I have shipped many lots like this and they got to their destination just fine. A large bubble mailer is fine.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
I think a team bag holds 5-8 toploaded cards. On top of that? I'd put cardboard on each side of the three "bundles" just to protect against rough USPS handling. I have shipped many lots like this and they got to their destination just fine. A large bubble mailer is fine.
Thanks Rudy

I will let him know your suggestion.

Mike
Old 10-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

I would go with a small box with some bubble wrap like what BGS sends cards back from grading in.
Astronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

A #00 bubble easily fits three stacks of cards positioned horizontally in the envelope. That should be more than enough safety for the lot, as long as the seller uses toploaders/cardboard.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ah man! I saw the title and was pumped to share advice since I just shipped an 11,000 card lot yesterday...and then I opened the thread and saw it was for 20 cards lol. Bummer.
auctionjmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
Ah man! I saw the title and was pumped to share advice since I just shipped an 11,000 card lot yesterday...and then I opened the thread and saw it was for 20 cards lol. Bummer.
Holy Smokes "Batman".

How much did that cost...Holy Geez
Old 10-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

But when telling him to use team bags make sure the guy buys the 'Graded card' team bags. Those are taller and can have more cards put in them. He is going to probably spend $4-5 to buy a package though. Hopefully he is willing to do that if he has more cards to ship. When shipping lots your really dont want to buy the small team bags as you can only fit 1-4 cards depending on the thickness of them, plus in a small team bag if he puts in multiple cards he is not going to be able to put a dummy card on both sides to protect it as there wont be room. As the people above said though, just so long as the guy is using a graded card team bag, he should be able to put in a good # of cards, put dummy cards on both sides to protect them, then fit those next to each other in a large bubble envelope. I have shipped this way a few times and have had no issues.

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote