Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 10:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Card in limbo

What should I do on this...I bought a card on ebay on 9/23 from someone in OH, and on 9/24 the tracking number was posted and showed processed in OH facility. However, the last update was on 9/25 saying depart OH facility, and nothing since that time. Unless that bad boy went via horse it should have long gotten here. What, or how long does one wait before doing something about this? Thx
qbaf1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

I would contact the seller and let him know what's going on. I'd give it maybe another week and then if it still hasn't arrived, ask for a refund and tell him when it does come you will PP him what the agreed on amount was. If he gives you any grief about it, just file a case against him with Ebay or PP and you will win. Then if it eventually comes you can either return it to him or PP him the amount you agreed on.
free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbaf1212 View Post
What should I do on this...I bought a card on ebay on 9/23 from someone in OH, and on 9/24 the tracking number was posted and showed processed in OH facility. However, the last update was on 9/25 saying depart OH facility, and nothing since that time. Unless that bad boy went via horse it should have long gotten here. What, or how long does one wait before doing something about this? Thx

Obviously the card should have been there by now, no question about it.

However if it was sent via Media Mail, which some people do because it is cheaper, but they are not suppose to accept for specific type items. Media Mail could sit some place, and in a status such as "departed" or "arrived" for up to 15 business days I believe. I am guessing it wasn't sent Media Mail, but throwing it out there.

http://s1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg570/RemyX266/
RemyX266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the feedback...I will give it until Friday, and then contact PP/Ebay...I did let the seller know, and he just said he will look into it...however, he hasnt responded since.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

I had a similar situation on a card from Minnesota a couple of weeks ago. Except it last update it showed was in Kentucky. Then after about 2 weeks, it updated as in Las Vegas and "undeliverable" and sent back to the shipper within 1 day. They had wrote on label "incorrect address" which was false...so he crossed it out on the package and wrote "address confirmed" per his mail carrier's advice.

He sent it out on a Saturday and I had it on my doorstep that Monday afternoon which I thought was odd from Minnesota to Nevada.

Best of luck with your situation, depending on the value of the card I'd probably give it until the end of the week to see if any more updates before escalating the issue.

Also interested in John Smoltz and Greg Maddux auto's and GU cards.
braves3331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves3331 View Post
I had a similar situation on a card from Minnesota a couple of weeks ago. Except it last update it showed was in Kentucky. Then after about 2 weeks, it updated as in Las Vegas and "undeliverable" and sent back to the shipper within 1 day. They had wrote on label "incorrect address" which was false...so he crossed it out on the package and wrote "address confirmed" per his mail carrier's advice.

He sent it out on a Saturday and I had it on my doorstep that Monday afternoon which I thought was odd from Minnesota to Nevada.

Best of luck with your situation, depending on the value of the card I'd probably give it until the end of the week to see if any more updates before escalating the issue.
Thanks for the advice...I figured 5 more business days until I escalate.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbaf1212 View Post
My story kind of helps here. I live in Ohio and I mailed 2 cards to someone in Southern California in early September, lets say the 10th for example sake. On September 17th I checked the DC just because I like to spot check packages sent out and it said departed sort facility on 9/11/12. Checked again 3 days later and it was updated with more scans. It said it passed through the Los Angeles sort facility on 9/15, 9/16 and 9/17. Very confusing because there was no information for days then some strange info all at once. This was actually the 2nd time I had issues with the LA sort facility. I think waiting 5 more days is very fair on your part because these types of things happen.
Frankp2311 is online now   Reply With Quote