Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
wfubob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 61
Default Printing postage at home question

I recently purchased a Brother QL-700 label maker, and it's real easy to print postage through PayPal shipping when I sell a card on eBay. I'm looking for a way to do the same for a trade where there is no PayPal transaction. I'm guessing I can do it through stamps.com or similar, but don't want to pay a monthly subscription rate. Just want to buy and print postage and address labels on the label maker just like I do through PayPal shipping. Seems that buying postage from usps.com requires me to buy their labels and print on my regular printer. Anyone have any help?

Thanks,
Bob
__________________
My Needs/Tradelist: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vWPnlBvRXE0JkO81YLn5cJfjwzwBmRyrEeSevSCr7Lg/edit
My Bucket: http://s1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg558/wfubob/
Always interested in current Braves inserts/GU/Autos
wfubob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlowoutTV
 
houdini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 20,540
Default

Oh man, I just bought one and set it up just now. Finally got my laptop to accept it as a printer though...

anyway, goto paypal.com/shipnow

You can print labels on paypal without a transaction.
houdini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,284
Default

I have a Mac, bought exact same printer. I want to shoot myself in the face. I finally after almost using up entire roll got the label to show up correctly on screen BUT still does not print it out correctly!!! Ahhhh
__________________
http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w289/nastynasqb600/
joey_peapod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_peapod View Post
I have a Mac, bought exact same printer. I want to shoot myself in the face. I finally after almost using up entire roll got the label to show up correctly on screen BUT still does not print it out correctly!!! Ahhhh
in my experience, you have to print it directly through paypal. it does not work for me going through ebay to print it.
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 289
Default

I joined the ql-700 label maker club too.

I tried setting it up with my Mac and it connects fine. However, when I attempted to print labels from Paypal. It seems my Java application is out of date. So I attempted to download the newest update for Java, only to be turned down because I'm still running on Leopard (Mac OS X v10.5) . Apparently I need to update to Lion (Mac OS X v10.7) to properly get this to work.

So until I find a loophole to this problem and or update my Operating System, I luckily have a Windows 7 notebook that works good with the ql -700.

The label maker is awesome. No more ink printing labels for me.

Last edited by Bosco; 10-07-2012 at 02:07 AM.
Bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
I joined the ql-700 label maker club too.

I tried setting it up with my Mac and it connects fine. However, when I attempted to print labels from Paypal. It seems my Java application is out of date. So I attempted to download the newest update for Java, only to be turned down because I'm still running on Leopard (Mac OS X v10.5) . Apparently I need to update to Lion (Mac OS X v10.7) to properly get this to work.

So until I find a loophole to this problem and or update my Operating System, I luckily have a Windows 7 notebook that works good with the ql -700.

The label maker is awesome. No more ink printing labels for me.
Yea it will connect fine, then when I print it prints out a foot long piece a only prints in the middle the opposite way like its a 8.5x11.
__________________
http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w289/nastynasqb600/
joey_peapod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnnysBench's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the City of Steele...
Posts: 3,066
Default

Stamps .com and usps.com can ship labels not using Paypal. This is the only way I know of, try Pitny Bowes directly....
__________________
" I hate ALL hitters, I start a game mad and stay that way until it's over..." (Don Drysdale)
JohnnysBench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
BlowoutTV
 
houdini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 20,540
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnysBench View Post
Stamps .com and usps.com can ship labels not using Paypal. This is the only way I know of, try Pitny Bowes directly....
http://www.paypal.com/shipnow

No transaction required.
houdini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnnysBench's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the City of Steele...
Posts: 3,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
http://www.paypal.com/shipnow

No transaction required.
Is a Paypal account required???
__________________
" I hate ALL hitters, I start a game mad and stay that way until it's over..." (Don Drysdale)
JohnnysBench is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.