Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
I did one case of Update with my son - had to wait until THU evening to list the hits because I missed UPS on WED and ended up getting relatively killed on 3-day auctions that ended last night - usually that formula does OK for me but not this time. Did you list your big hits on WED as 1-day auctions or BIN/BO?
Listed the big hits as BIN/BO on Wednesday ... all sold same day.

I listed all black parallels, silks, and autos on Thursday night as 3-day auctions, sold about 30% of everything and did well on prices. Relisted everything else as 3-day last night.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugarpj View Post
Sounds like fun. When I worked in a card shop in the 80's those sets had around 800 cards and the break down was miserable. There was no joy in finding hits because there really weren't any. Big question...will you be able to turn a profit when all's said and done?
Yes, although amount is TBD. I am currently trading to build a sparkle set and a gold /2012 set ... those, along with golden giveaway code sale prices, will almost fully determine profit (meaning, I am almost even before those).
Old 10-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Yes, although amount is TBD. I am currently trading to build a sparkle set and a gold /2012 set ... those, along with golden giveaway code sale prices, will almost fully determine profit (meaning, I am almost even before those).
Very nice. Having the fun of doing it is worth breaking even. The profit is a bonus.
Tugarpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #29 (permalink)

Congrats on your break. Hopefully it will be profitable as many case breakers are reporting losses for Update this time due to the high number of breakers among other things, but a smaller break like this where you can list the bigger hits fast helps, and I think you will do well. Nice hits on the Harper & SSP by the way. In my 50 cases I hit just 3 Harper autos (all sold $100 or less), and none of those SSP...so you had some nice pulls.

There is no way to describe the amount of time it takes or the back pain, lol, you described. I have written similar articles on breaking on cardboard connection. I get turbolister all pre-filled ahead of a release which saves time BUT still takes time ahead and planning. Not everything pre-sells well, and base Topps usually does, but there were so many new breakers listing sets for $10 below market value at pre-sell it hurt early on. Tearpeak data or experience will help with that as the sets have climbed and Update is a strong checklist with no factory sets coming.

Anyhow, I have done this on ebay for 16 years and open over 500 cases a year. As far as sorting. I threw out the sorting trays, they are nice, but slowed us down over time and it was hard to find the right one unless you custom make them, and even then we decided against, but that is our preference, and we are dealing with 150,000 cards with 340+ sets sold that must be sorted.

I switched to sorting in 10s 2 years back and it has cut our sorting time down by 20-25%, BUT I sort the 0's & 100's by teens and my wife will sort the 200s and 300s by teens, so that may be where the time difference is since it is very slow and difficult to do all 330 in 10s with one person PLUS a back killer.

Also, it is so key to sort sets FACE UP, not card back with number down. This has cut out 99.5% of mistakes. You can visual see the wrong card AND you can find any MISSED SP this way. This was how I first found the 2011 Heritage ARod reverse negative that sold for $400...no one even knew about it for a couple days at that point.

TL is ok, but has flaws and can crash. I do highly recommend it, BUT only if you use it for it's max potential like importing checklists etc. Manually it is very time consuming, and while many single auctions do need to see be done manually, some things especially for a large break can benefit from importing excel files.

Case breaking is not easy, and the NUMBER ONE issue I see with new case breakers over and over and over is that they get in too deep for their britches. They order too much or dive in too deep.
They start dumping stuff to cheap because they have to pay for the cases or get concerned with how much they are going to lose and that makes them lose more. Also, NOT every product that comes out is a rip/flip winner, in fact most aren't...takes years of experience and research. And knowing prices, accurate prices, ahead of tiem will help you and others...thsi time it hurt. But on top of all that, they order too much rather than slowly build up. It takes years to build a name & gain customers, especially off ebay. Of the 340+ sets I sold already (which are sold out), only 10% were sold on ebay. The rest to direct customers.

I don't order X number of cases because I am crazy about opening, I do because of my customers. I have a precise method of ordering X number to cover orders then add 10-15% to sell some on ebay to have that exposure and gain new customers, etc.
Each release is different, and not all do well.

Also, if you order Case #1 for $500 and sell your 1 master set for $100 and your 5 base sets for $125, BUT on case #10 which also costs $500 because you are slower at selling for whatever reason, your master set goes for $75 and the 5 base sets sell for $75, you then have to ask yourself if it is worth it for 10 case or whatever the number may be. I expect the decreasing prices as they always do, but want the extra 10% and may need to build tougher sets like gold sets for customers.

But if you are looking at what you are getting paid by the hour IF it is profitable it may only be a few bucks. On Update I will spend over 500 man hours myself on the release and my wife and another friend will add about 600 more hours. This includes numerous hours of shipping (I have already shipped over 1,100 packages for Update and will ship close to 3,000 when done), and scanning/listing, and then comes sorting which is the beast For update this whole process must occur within 18-21 days to get orders out and be ready for the next break, and smaller breaks MUST be done within 2 weeks tops or you won't be prepared for the next one and you will be doubling up on shipping, etc.

It is organized but chaotic at the same time, lol.

This is not to be discouraging but to present the challenges of case breaking, it may sound like fun, and is, but after awhile it is a job, a chore, and there will be many parts of it you won't enjoy. For me, I have not even mentioned it. It is the lack of outside life.
I do not get to go out at all during the breaks, I eat less healthy, I don't work out, I am less involved in church than I would like, I can't go to the movies when I want or out to eat, I miss my son's soccer games at times, severe lack of sleep, etc. eBay wants you to be shipping daily, etc. I receive anywhere from 100-500 emails a day, then maybe 300-800 tweets. It adds up, and takes away, so that has been my struggle with growth. I am finding ways though. It takes sacrifice, and it is still fun in many ways, and I am glad to be home with my family, but it can get busy, stressful...and honestly I would not recommend it to most people due to the commitment it takes to do it well and try and turn a consistent profit.

Speaking of which....the ROI curve tends (at least for me and many breakers of new bb I know) drops off starting after June/July. Products do not perform as well. Part has to do with release timing, another part is the same players/same autos/same rc over each release, and another part has to do with the products themselves that are released. I have been gathering data on this for years now, and most breakers will get 80-90% of their profits from the first 1/2 of the year on bb, and the other half they have ethier stopped opening the products because of losses or the make some here but lose some there, & is why you won't see me opening as much the 2nd half of the year. That does not mean there aren't good or exciting or popular products, just means tougher to rip/flip, maybe better to hold cases or to pick up singles for next spring (hint hint - especially cheaper prospects). There are still ways if you diversify.

PS- For many and many like me, FB and BKB has not worked, sure there are a small % that do ok, BUT night/day difference if compared to BB, but FB is RC driven and the same RC all season long, which many aren't playing or don't perform well. BB has set collectors which fuel it, FB and BKB does not really have that hence retro and set building has failed when it comes to those 2, like a heritage, etc....anyhow, I am off topic, and on a message board so much can be left out or misunderstood as not always easy to show/explain.

I have been thinking this will be my last year doing this, and I am on the fence still, but there is much to consider and several possible changes to postal system, taxes (including maybe sales taxes), ebay policies, Topps products, etc.

I will be taking a break after T-C FB until at least S1.
Speaking of which, when looking at a product to break don't just look at how it did the year before look at what has been changed/taken out/added to. Many folks see what has been added but not was removed, and that is where losses also occur. If S1 does not have a wrapper redemption & code cards stay at $1, then there could be big issues. GQ changed drastically last year and saw a huge production increase which killed it off for most. Museum was nice for some, but will it do the same this year with basically the same design and auto cards? Questions to ask, no one knows, but look back, and study. I spent hours/days/weeks studying what to buy and how much and planning a strategy of how I was going to do each product back years ago, and constantly tweaked it, especially if losses occurred. There are products I LOVE TO OPEN & COLLECT but have stopped because they weren't profitable or worth the time. I opened 60 cases of Bow draft for 4 straight years before only doing 32 last year and this won't do any. There is a reason. It still may do well even with weaker class, because there is much added content and the jumbos, but with the crazy allocations I decided to pass and enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas this year with my family. If there were no jumbos I was passing as I lost on Draft last year for the first time, and it can be a lot of work (jumbos will help that).

Anyways, I could go on for days, lol, and have hijacked enough. Best of luck to all.
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbre...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
Fantastic post. Thanks for sharing!

I also sort into 10's out of the packs. Everyone is different, and a lot of what determines your sorting speed is getting into a reliable sorting rhythm, a rhythm in which you don't make mistakes. Finding that right rhythm for you is a personal preference.

If getting hits listed is of utmost importance, then I wouldn't sort into 10's, because doing so adds time to the busting phase. If you really need to get the hits out and listed ASAP, then I'd sort 100's, or don't even sort at all. But then you've got a sorting mess ahead of you.

I've done 10 cases of *hobby* (way more packs than Jumbo) before - 2011 Bowman MLB. And it's just me. No help at all. That was my limit. I was completely out of gas at the end of that break. No way could I do 20-60 cases by myself. Brent, I believe, has a lot of help. And that help, I believe, is critical to his business. Anyone wanting to do that many cases must have a team of people helping with different phases of the break.

Right now I stick to 4-6 cases, it works for me, I can do it fast and with little/no mistakes, and I don't go insane from being too busy. Also, I'm doing basketball mostly. You baseball case breakers have completely stolen the entire market! You baseball pigs!

I would never recommend sorting during busting if doing a break for profit or a break over say 4-5 cases. That does not make you $ back. Listing does.

Also, I do have help and am grateful, but not near the help that anyone thinks. I have no employees an am not like a TNT. I am here working by myself from 8am-6pm and then at midnight or so my wife goes to bed, she still has house chores and the kids, and I have a good friend that helps when can. I stay up super late and work hard, and the hep is necessary as is time off of your job IMO, at least a couple days if breaking 8-10+.

4-6 cases seems to be a sweet spot for most, and will max profits per case if you have them, and will minimize losses if there are those.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Thanks for sharing this. I think you will be able to decrease set building time by 5-10 min per set once you refine and practice your process. Personally I never double check sets for accuracy. I used to have problems similar to those you mentioned with missing cards but once I stuck to the same process I rarely run into an issue. Also I agree with the preselling Topps Update sets comment. With Update (except for Master Sets) I usually take my time and sell them off slowly at BIN prices during the off season. They tend to hold their value better than Series 1 & 2.

Totally agree. Find a rhythm that works. It will get a little faster.
10s may not have worked but it is a change and must get used to it, but you are touching each card 50% less by doing so...which should save time
Old 10-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugarpj View Post
Very nice. Having the fun of doing it is worth breaking even. The profit is a bonus.
agreed, but not also guaranteed
he did the right amount and did much right to ensure good results, but sometimes it is the product that isn't as great or the hits aren't as lucky
Old 10-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #33 (permalink)

PS- one thing I hate more than sorting is scanning, lol, does nothing for me, lol...
listing & sorting I can see the cards at least, lol
scanning even with best scanners takes up time and makes no return back, lol, unless your pic gets you bids, which is debatable as I have seen great pics of cards sell for less than cruddy pics, sometimes depends on seller and ending time

Last edited by brentandbecca; 10-08-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentandbecca View Post
PS- one thing I hate more than sorting is scanning, lol, does nothing for me, lol...
listing & sorting I can see the cards at least, lol
scanning even with best scanners takes up time and makes no return back, lol, unless your pic gets you bids, which is debatable as I have seen great pics of cards sell for less than cruddy pics, sometimes depends on seller and ending time
I've noticed that too. I'm almost thinking that for inserts (specifically like ring/plaque cards), it's better to use the same picture of 8 or so cards for all the auctions for that group of cards. At worst it doesn't hurt you, and at best it shows buyers some other cards you've got for sale.

As for the SP/SSPs ... we didn't double-check for these at all. I had planned to going into it, but the SPs were one per box (and I ended up with 36), and the SSPs were inserted into the "goody pile" in the middle of the jumbos. My wife was very keen on this, and anytime she noticed something 'different' about the way things were sorted, she paid close attention. She spotted both SSPs immediately. Once we knew this, we decided not to double-check.

So to the issue of sorting the cards face-up ... well, I'm not following how that works at all.

Last edited by calculusdork; 10-08-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
I've noticed that too. I'm almost thinking that for inserts (specifically like ring/plaque cards), it's better to use the same picture of 8 or so cards for all the auctions for that group of cards. At worst it doesn't hurt you, and at best it shows buyers some other cards you've got for sale.

As for the SP/SSPs ... we didn't double-check for these at all. I had planned to going into it, but the SPs were one per box (and I ended up with 36), and the SSPs were inserted into the "goody pile" in the middle of the jumbos. My wife was very keen on this, and anytime she noticed something 'different' about the way things were sorted, she paid close attention. She spotted both SSPs immediately. Once we knew this, we decided not to double-check.

So to the issue of sorting the cards face-up ... well, I'm not following how that works at all.

if you continue to do this you will understand it
but i may not have been clear, we sort the cards by the card number but when we build sets we build at least 50-100 at a time or in your case all 30+ and make them face up, this way it should prevent you from missing cards or placing double cards, as the cards will be different
if you sort one set at a time , no it does not help, but I don't know any breaker that only does a set at a time, sorting in bulk saves so much time and not hunting for cards etc
Old 10-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #36 (permalink)

Brent, as one of the premiere case breakers out there, it's always cool to read your posts, thanks for sharing.

In basketball, there's really no one doing large case breaks. (10-20 cases +) Sure there's some dudes in Asian busting a case or two, a few USA dealers busting a couple of cases. I bust 4-6 cases. There's another member on here who's just started busting in qty 4-6 cases. But there's no one like brentandbecca in the basketball card market. Sure the market is smaller, and Panini's MAPP prices are, well, looney tunes crazy out of la-la land. But if you can get Panini's case breaker status, and buy from a distributor (pay well below MAPP), the basketball card market is pretty ripe for case breakers. At least that is my experience. I'm making decent profit on Panini NBA case breaks. Anywhere from 20% net profit on up if I get lucky with some pulls. Gotta be careful though, the pricier products (Limited, Absolute, etc.) those are much harder to make a profit on because the cost is just too high, and the value of a sticker RC auto is generally the same weather the card comes from Hoops or from Limited.

Not sure why I'd share this info because the last thing I want is twice as many case breakers in NBA. But then again, I almost wish I'd *have* to quit case breaking. Then I could have my life back. My friends back. My real job performance back. Get more exercise and lose the 25+ pounds I've gained. Get back into normal hobbies that bring me closer to other people. Get rid of the iron butt ass I've developed from sitting and sorting for hours on end. The list goes on and on...
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #37 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Brent, as one of the premiere case breakers out there, it's always cool to read your posts, thanks for sharing.

In basketball, there's really no one doing large case breaks. (10-20 cases +) Sure there's some dudes in Asian busting a case or two, a few USA dealers busting a couple of cases. I bust 4-6 cases. There's another member on here who's just started busting in qty 4-6 cases. But there's no one like brentandbecca in the basketball card market. Sure the market is smaller, and Panini's MAPP prices are, well, looney tunes crazy out of la-la land. But if you can get Panini's case breaker status, and buy from a distributor (pay well below MAPP), the basketball card market is pretty ripe for case breakers. At least that is my experience. I'm making decent profit on Panini NBA case breaks. Anywhere from 20% net profit on up if I get lucky with some pulls. Gotta be careful though, the pricier products (Limited, Absolute, etc.) those are much harder to make a profit on because the cost is just too high, and the value of a sticker RC auto is generally the same weather the card comes from Hoops or from Limited.

Not sure why I'd share this info because the last thing I want is twice as many case breakers in NBA. But then again, I almost wish I'd *have* to quit case breaking. Then I could have my life back. My friends back. My real job performance back. Get more exercise and lose the 25+ pounds I've gained. Get back into normal hobbies that bring me closer to other people. Get rid of the iron butt ass I've developed from sitting and sorting for hours on end. The list goes on and on...
Definitely not looking to get into casebreaking for potential profit, but are there set collectors out there in BKB as there are BB?
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #38 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:

Once they're sorted by number you go through them face up to break into sets. That way you spot any SPs and/or those 223s in with the 233s, etc.

I never break to rip and flip. I sell a lot of what I break but that's just because I don't have room for everything.

Based on what I've busted, I would think that something like Update is a lot more labor intensive than something like TTT or even BC. A lot more cards in Series 1/2/Update. And I can't imagine the PITA that multiple cases of A&G would be.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Definitely not looking to get into casebreaking for potential profit, but are there set collectors out there in BKB as there are BB?
YES!!! I presold both Hoops base sets and Prestige sets, both with RC's and without. You can check my completed auctions. Some of the Prestige complete sets with all inserts sold for crazy amounts. $177 for a master set 350 cards. These are just base cards and inserts.

I sold a lot of 250+ RC's for $222 or something like that.

I sold 50+ Hopps sets 250 with RC's. I sold them at $30-$40 a pop. That's a ton of money right there. Critical if you are going to make a profit on a basketball break.

There's some dealers too, that like to buy up base sets in bulk. Some guy in NY, runs a big shop or something, he'll buy any sets in bulk, 25, 50, 100+. But that you'd only want to do as a last resort because he's going to resale and wants a good price break. But still, it's better to sell 50 base sets for $300 than let those cards sit in your closet.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #40 (permalink)

One of the best reads on BO in some time. Thanks to all.

Calculus, you've been a great addition to the boards. Knowledgeable and well spoken which makes your reads very enjoyable.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #41 (permalink)

Nice detailed analysis

I did average with my 4 cases of Update. No big hits, no SSPs, biggest hit went for 50 bucks in the whole break, but I will still end up about 150 ahead AFTER fees, so Update was probably a success. It really helped that SPs were one per box.

Question to Brent though, if he sees this. Heard that Series 1 is most likely going to be MASSLY overproduced. Do you still think it has some potential? I'm probably going to do 4 cases for that too, but is it really turning into too much of a risk for the reward?
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #42 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

very nice read.

I am kind of going through the same thing with 4 cases of Jumbo broke.

I am going to suffer a little as I did not scan and list the hits 'right away' I will lose out there but such is life and as I move along hopefully I will be able to be better about that. It is also a little harder on me when it is just me and my wife breaking and just me sorting. although after the first case. I let her break the rest while I sorted.

Part of me wishes I would not have pre sold sets, or at least as many as I did as I have been going non stop since the break completing sets.

ok of to starting reading the thread where Brent is replying......
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug46n2 View Post
One of the best reads on BO in some time. Thanks to all.

Calculus, you've been a great addition to the boards. Knowledgeable and well spoken which makes your reads very enjoyable.
Really appreciate that.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
if you continue to do this you will understand it
but i may not have been clear, we sort the cards by the card number but when we build sets we build at least 50-100 at a time or in your case all 30+ and make them face up, this way it should prevent you from missing cards or placing double cards, as the cards will be different
if you sort one set at a time , no it does not help, but I don't know any breaker that only does a set at a time, sorting in bulk saves so much time and not hunting for cards etc
One.

At.

A.

Time.

That is how I sorted my sets. Never again. For a guy who's fairly decent at math, sometimes I don't have much common sense. Wait, I think that might be normal.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:

Alex, you and I talked early on I recall, and I have been excited to watch you.
You did something that no one else did...found your hot spot and made it work. Too many try to copy what has been done and it doe snot always work well b/c there are too many in that market space already. This is why some breakers sell on comc, or do shows, or sell off line in bulk & unsorted, or open an ebay store and list every single card as singles for $1-$2 and let it corm in over time like a TNT or do team sets, or whatever.
That was very smart by you. I have seen folks go to group and team breaks and or to non-sports and non-tradtional sports and do very well because while the market is small it is strong and not much supply or breakers.

Also I 10000000000% agree with your last statement, the list does go on and on...giving up my time, health, family, and life for this isn't worth it....must find balance always.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Nice detailed analysis

I did average with my 4 cases of Update. No big hits, no SSPs, biggest hit went for 50 bucks in the whole break, but I will still end up about 150 ahead AFTER fees, so Update was probably a success. It really helped that SPs were one per box.

Question to Brent though, if he sees this. Heard that Series 1 is most likely going to be MASSLY overproduced. Do you still think it has some potential? I'm probably going to do 4 cases for that too, but is it really turning into too much of a risk for the reward?
couple things. if doing this for fun, then $150 is success, agree, BUT don't forget you have all the time it takes to factor in and then you have taxes at year's end, which so many overlook

series 1 is has been twice as produced as update and yes hearing the production again is very high, they always do it as it is biggest volume mover
Old 10-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
very nice read.

I am kind of going through the same thing with 4 cases of Jumbo broke.

I am going to suffer a little as I did not scan and list the hits 'right away' I will lose out there but such is life and as I move along hopefully I will be able to be better about that. It is also a little harder on me when it is just me and my wife breaking and just me sorting. although after the first case. I let her break the rest while I sorted.

Part of me wishes I would not have pre sold sets, or at least as many as I did as I have been going non stop since the break completing sets.

ok of to starting reading the thread where Brent is replying......

now imagine pre-selling 300+ sets and selling thru 340+ already lol
such is life, but key is to gain direct customers that pay $22-$25 in bulk (some buy 5, some 10, some 50, some 100) and allow you to take 2 weeks to ship

I can do a 6-8 case break in usually 4 days, all complete, sold, and sorted...but don't do many that small at this time any more

but even after all this you must factor in other things that have not been brought up yet
slow payers and non payers
that will drag your break out, then followup emails from people that may return or not be happy...and it adds up and piles on, and always will cut into profit while adding more time spent on it
Old 10-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
One.

At.

A.

Time.

That is how I sorted my sets. Never again. For a guy who's fairly decent at math, sometimes I don't have much common sense. Wait, I think that might be normal.
you are the first I have heard ever attempting this as a breaker of multiple cases... that is not to say it is bad thing
but I am a part of case breaking community of 56 or so guys plus know many others I think most either do 20-50 sets at a time or all of them at once, first sorting each card into 1s, then building, it is much faster

This weekend I was only able to build 30 sets do to the listings and shipping of 1,100 single card or multiple card packages on Saturday, so it did take all weekend still but is quite a bit faster than 30 mins per set
Also made 20 add'l team sets
Thankfully PO closed today so have more time today
got to get back to it, just me here and all this typing isn't helping and one big reason to stay off the boards if breaking cases, it is huge distraction and not productive, lol

so tip #1 avoid twitter and boards during breaks lol
Old 10-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
you are the first I have heard ever attempting this as a breaker of multiple cases... that is not to say it is bad thing
but I am a part of case breaking community of 56 or so guys plus know many others I think most either do 20-50 sets at a time or all of them at once, first sorting each card into 1s, then building, it is much faster

This weekend I was only able to build 30 sets do to the listings and shipping of 1,100 single card or multiple card packages on Saturday, so it did take all weekend still but is quite a bit faster than 30 mins per set
Also made 20 add'l team sets
Thankfully PO closed today so have more time today
got to get back to it, just me here and all this typing isn't helping and one big reason to stay off the boards if breaking cases, it is huge distraction and not productive, lol

so tip #1 avoid twitter and boards during breaks lol

Hahahaha ... totally! Get back to it man ... thanks again.

As for the PO being closed today ... believe it or not guys, this was actually a dealbreaker for me choosing this release. Knowing I'd have an extra day to sort and ship put me over the top.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Hahahaha ... totally! Get back to it man ... thanks again.

As for the PO being closed today ... believe it or not guys, this was actually a dealbreaker for me choosing this release. Knowing I'd have an extra day to sort and ship put me over the top.
lol, totally
besides, the other breakers get onto me for sharing info and tips as it brings more guys in and causes all of us to end up losing $ and time
I just try to be helpful and if you are already breaking why not discuss it so it can help us all in the end is the thought...like you & I discussed via phone

and yep, not all things pre-sell as well as after, plus you never know when Topps will throw a curve and have base be SP or set sizes change etc (Heritage has been the worse over the years at that)