Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #26 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
In all seriousness about Hamilton, if any of you guys read books or have any interest in learning more about Josh Hamilton I highly suggest you read "Beyond Belief". Great book and I learned a lot about Josh that I didn't know before. It gives you a new look on him, makes you think differently about him, in a good way.

I learned that if you are coming off crack eating a ton of pizza helps, but it was a good book.
Astronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronix View Post
I learned that if you are coming off crack eating a ton of pizza helps, but it was a good book.
haha, All I am saying is before you criticize his life choices, you should learn more about his life.

Back to were he might end up

Last edited by RedSoxFan28; 10-09-2012 at 04:42 PM.
RedSoxFan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #28 (permalink)

Tigers should hang onto Sanchez and bring in some better role players. Their lineup is good enough as it is, and should be even better with VMart back in replace of Delmon. Verlander, Fister, Scherzer, Sanchez and w/e Porcello gives you is a great rotation and the Central is incredibly weak right now.
MVPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronix View Post
"Joe Rogan, I wanna tell you something that you might not know about me. I smoke rocks"
freeman2jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:43 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPete View Post
Tigers should hang onto Sanchez and bring in some better role players. Their lineup is good enough as it is, and should be even better with VMart back in replace of Delmon. Verlander, Fister, Scherzer, Sanchez and w/e Porcello gives you is a great rotation and the Central is incredibly weak right now.
I even think if Porcello does leave that Smyly is right there to replace him,
Old 10-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #31 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALVINXLIONSX81 View Post
Dombrowski has expressed that when he traded for Sanchez he intended on re-signing him, Dont see why you guys think he will be gone

I would rather sign people that actually fill needs rather than Hamilton
RF is a need. Brennan Boesch?
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Ya it wouldn't be a bad thing because Porcello has always been inconsistent and Smyly gives you a lefty in the rotation to change it up. Plus Porcello is a Boras guy and not worth the trouble.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
RF is a need. Brennan Boesch?
Lots of teams need RFers, doesn't mean you have to go out and get the top guy on the market lol.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #34 (permalink)

When you can afford it you make it happen. Besides Tigers are at win at all costs mode due to an aging owner who is title hungry.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
When you can afford it you make it happen. Besides Tigers are at win at all costs mode due to an aging owner who is title hungry.
If the costs drops down below 20 he's going to stay in Texas. If you spend all that on Hamilton then you take away from another spot.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #36 (permalink)

Not going to the Red Sox. No way.

Only place I really see is Texas, I can see NY if they let Swisher walk but I doubt Hamilton wants to put himself in NYC.

I really see no way he does not go back to Texas, hes comfortable there and they know him.
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #37 (permalink)

It will be a risk/reward for whoever signs him. The problems with Hamilton are this. He is very fragile physically and emotionally. If either one of or both of those are not right, he struggles with his game. The other side of that. When he is 100% physically and emotionally, he is the best player on the planet. Watching him play for the Rangers the past several seasons, I have seen many examples of both sides of Hamilton. I would not have any problem getting him back because there is always the chance you get the 100% Hamilton who can hit 4 home runs in a game or drive in 30 runs in a month. But at the same time, you have to realize there are going to be a lot of times that you will get injured Hamilton or emotionally off Hamilton who will swing at every pitch and drop fly balls. The bottom line is, there are a lot of really good players, but only a few truly great players, so any time you can get one of those guys, you take them.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #38 (permalink)

I just think the marriage is over in Texas. The fans boo him even. He comes to Detroit all that pressure to be the guy is gone.

Though I think he would have to take 12 to 15 million or so..

I can see it happening in my head but I know it wont..
Old 10-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
I just think the marriage is over in Texas. The fans boo him even. He comes to Detroit all that pressure to be the guy is gone.

Though I think he would have to take 12 to 15 million or so..

I can see it happening in my head but I know it wont..
That would be scary for any pitcher. Cabrera, Fielder and Hamilton all batting in a row. If those 3 were all on at the same time, could you imagine the possibilities? I would not count Texas out though. He has a lot of friends on the Rangers and I think comfort will play a much bigger role in his decision than people think. He is not like any other free agent or player we have seen come along.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #40 (permalink)

Pirates...cause they spend so much money
KEARYCOLBERT83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kordell1 View Post
That would be scary for any pitcher. Cabrera, Fielder and Hamilton all batting in a row. If those 3 were all on at the same time, could you imagine the possibilities? I would not count Texas out though. He has a lot of friends on the Rangers and I think comfort will play a much bigger role in his decision than people think. He is not like any other free agent or player we have seen come along.
Itd be incredible wouldn't?

Dont forget Victor Martinez..
Old 10-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kordell1 View Post
Yikes...those guys would combine for, like, 400 RBIs.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #43 (permalink)

Atlanta is going to go after him
dherm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dje1025 View Post
i think he must stay in the al if he wants his long term deal. he would make a great dh somewhere. short term wise, as a yankee fan (yes i buy into the fact that we "buy all our players" but you gotta do what you gotta do) i wouldnt mind letting granderson go for him
I want to slap you for saying you want to let go of granderson. Thats all!
Lastminute73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #45 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to slugger82685

The market value right now for Hamilton is similar to the market value last year for Fielder. The teams that have money arent spending or are already set in the OF, the team needing his bat the most and has the money to spend is the Giants and he has stated he doesnt want to go there. Teams last year were hesitant on a long term deal with Fielder because of possible weight issues causing his market to decrease a ton until an injury pretty much forced the Tigers hand. There are FAR MORE question marks with Hamilton than there were with Fielder and so far no injuries to force anyone's hand. Texas actually almost was able to sign Fielder for I think like a 3 or 4 year deal from what I read a while back until Vmart's injury. I think the same kind of thing will happen with Hamilton, his market will come down to where the Rangers are comfortable with offering a contract and he will stay in Texas......as a Rangers fan, I would almost rather see him walk though. I am tired of all the media drama he creates on top of the lack of production when games count the most. I would rather see those resources used on improving the pitching staff and either try to maintain production at the plate from within or make a trade.
slugger82685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #46 (permalink)

For those wondering if Detroit has the money, as I said in a thread on the topic a few weeks ago, Illitch doesn't care about the luxury tax anymore, he just wants to win a championship before he dies, even of it ends up costing him $250 million for one season.

Having said that, I don't really want him, I really like what Garcia has shown this year and think he has some serious potential. I'm also a real big fan of Berry, but I also loved Nook Logan a few years back too, so my opinion is normally off, hahaha

Then you also have to remember we have Castellanos waiting in the wings, I realize he's not ready for the bigs yet, but you also don't want him waiting behind Hamilton for 5 years
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #47 (permalink)

Back to the original topic.....

Josh Hamilton is a phenominal comeback story and I hope that he continue to beat his demons and perform on the field. That said, I would be hesitant to give him the $25+ Million because he just cannot be counted on to play near 162 games in a season.

Back to the Tigers....

They need to go out and sign the best fielding shortstop that they can find to help shore up their embarrassing defense. I cannot wait until Delmon Young is gone.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Back to the original topic.....

Josh Hamilton is a phenominal comeback story and I hope that he continue to beat his demons and perform on the field. That said, I would be hesitant to give him the $25+ Million because he just cannot be counted on to play near 162 games in a season.

Back to the Tigers....

They need to go out and sign the best fielding shortstop that they can find to help shore up their embarrassing defense. I cannot wait until Delmon Young is gone.
agree 100 percent, they need to resign sanchez and get the best fielding/hitting ss they can find, perallta is killing this team on both ends, as for people saying they need a RF, garcia looks good and berry is decent (not to mention nick castellanos moved to outfield), no need to spend that much money when they desperately need a shortstop and maybe another relief pitcher
8lakers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

bring him to minny
bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Porcello NEEDS to leave.
Tugarpj is offline   Reply With Quote