Blowout Cards Forums
4/4/14 Coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default How would a buyer fill about this

Seller waited 8 days to ship out a lot that cost over 200.00.Seller added another card of the player I purchase for my troubles.But that offer was on Friday.

I seen the tracking # but after eayler today nothing shows up so I sent him another email and low and behold the infomation shows up that it was shipped today not yesturday

I am not 1 to be anul on something that only cost a few bucks and it takes a week.I also understand things happen in people's life.But after emailing me and asking me how I think is the best way to ship something.I started to get alittle concerened.

I have been on ebay for over 12 years...No Negs and never asked for some kind of refund and only had to give 2 negs in my entire 12 years .But this guy is asking for 1.

It's sad I might end up leaving his first Neg.

What would other people do if they where in my shoes.

Thanks Mike
refuse24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'd wait for delivery and ensure the cards are in good shape and the correct ones. If they arrive safely I personally would not leave a negative. It sounds like the seller is not very experienced? You could always ding his shipping time stars. Don't forget Monday was a holiday with no mail going out.
californiakron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiakron View Post
I'd wait for delivery and ensure the cards are in good shape and the correct ones. If they arrive safely I personally would not leave a negative. It sounds like the seller is not very experienced? You could always ding his shipping time stars. Don't forget Monday was a holiday with no mail going out.
Ops I forgot about the Holiday.

Problem solved......Thanks

I just have alot on stuff going on in my life.I take care of my mother and raise 3 kids and work full time and my sons live with there mother and my daughter is only 4 years old.

Life

Last edited by refuse24; 10-09-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

You can knock him on his delivery time but a negative is 100% uncalled for. as long as the item you purchased is in the condition described then you really have nothing to complain about.
Lastminute73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastminute73 View Post
You can knock him on his delivery time but a negative is 100% uncalled for. as long as the item you purchased is in the condition described then you really have nothing to complain about.
No Neg will be left as long as Item arrives as stated.

That's why I love this form you can get suggestions on how to handle things.

After he did add another card of the player I was prospecting.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'd take some time off from cards and spend some time with my face in a book, reading the newspaper, or possibly taking some grammar, punctuation, spelling, and English lessons.

Glad your case got resolved, but good god man, take some pride in conveying a clear message with proper spelling, conjugation and sentence structure.

I'm not a teacher or anything but it hurts my face to read that. You want us to take the time to help you out, PLEASE take the time to make sure we can understand you.

That being said, let me have it...
Old 10-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkus View Post
I'd take some time off from cards and spend some time with my face in a book, reading the newspaper, or possibly taking some grammar, punctuation, spelling, and English lessons.

Glad your case got resolved, but good god man, take some pride in conveying a clear message with proper spelling, conjugation and sentence structure.

I'm not a teacher or anything but it hurts my face to read that. You want us to take the time to help you out, PLEASE take the time to make sure we can understand you.

That being said, let me have it...
I Understand with what you saying But my grammer and spelling sucks and if your going knock somebody for this.I am not to sure what to tell you.

You don't know my backround and I don't expect you to.But If you can't take how I use my grammer and spelling please put me on Ignore and that goes for anybody else on this form.

I am sorry but that is me and if you understood everything I have been threw maybe you would show alittle more respect.

Sorry had to vent and I am sure there's going be some backlash from this but...Oh well.

Last edited by refuse24; 10-10-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by refuse24 View Post
I Understand with what you saying But my grammer and spelling sucks and if your going knock somebody for this.I am not to sure what to tell you.

You don't know my backround and I don't expect you to.But If you can't take how I use my grammer and spelling please put me on Ignore and that goes for anybody else on this form.

I am sorry but that is me and if you understood everything I have been threw maybe you would show alittle more respect.

Sorry had to vent and I am sure there's going be some backlash from this but...Oh well.
refuse24, I'm sure it's nothing personal from stinkus--but I feel the same way...It's frustrating to see this disregard for the language. I myself am not a teacher either but I can't help but feel that we have to set an example for our youth. It's embarrassing for me to think that people read this and think "dumb Americans" and lump us all in with you. I don't care about how much of a hurry you're in--If you have the time to post, you have the time to spell/grammar check as well. Remember: squiggly red line means you spelled it wrong and squiggly green line means it's written wrong.
cardsrmytherapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by refuse24 View Post

Why is there always an excuse on why grammar and spelling is an issue? Ok, so you had a tough life. I can understand that, but then again, you have $200 to spend on cards? Why not take this extra money you have and invest in your future of "bettering" yourself?
prospectorgems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #10 (permalink)

I fill for you.
crazycards1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #11 (permalink)

I love to "fill" myself.
justinhiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #12 (permalink)

You're right, it's not a personal attack. One or two errors is easy to overlook, but halfway through reading the OP I found myself focusing primarily on finding more errors and not on what the message was.

We all have issues in life - death, family, unemployment, divorce, whatever - but it's no excuse for the pride - or lack thereof - we take in presenting ourselves. It reflects on us as a people.

In a board with such a vast array of age and intelligence, a little extra effort goes a long way in getting help, opinions, or input of any kind. Sure, we all make errors - myself included - but that was very, very difficult to read. If you can afford a computer and money for cards, you can afford 10 seconds of your time to spell check your post, or get some help on the side.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
XL5

If this is the guy who asked the buyer how to pack and ship a lot, what did you expect?

Best way to ship a card lot

I mean he sells the cards but doesn't know how he's going to ship them? No surprise it's taken a week.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #14 (permalink)

OP, I would not be too worried about it if the cards show up in good shape. As for the spelling, grammar and use of the wrong word, understand that it can be difficult to read when we have to guess at what you are trying to say.

Last edited by mainerunr; 10-10-2012 at 10:08 AM.
mainerunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhiggs View Post
I love to "fill" myself.
OK, this is just wrong on so many levels.
mainerunr is offline   Reply With Quote