Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #26 (permalink)

You may want to look into how USPS insurance works. I had a situation involving a lost item several years ago and was informed that insurance only covers damaged items, not lost items. I'm not sure if that's still the case, but if it is insurance wouldn't help you out in this type of situation.
Andrew Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
The last line is something somebody who knows whats going to happen writes...
huh......?
johnm021 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengoblin782 View Post
What was your reasoning for not sending a package worth $700.00 without insurance?
This x10! Hope things work out.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnm021 View Post
huh......?
lol my bad. I thought he sent it to you.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Couple of things:

1. Your package went from Charlotte to Forrest Park, IL in less than a day, only to come back to North Carolina. Odd.

2. Looks like the guy lives less than 50 miles to you. I'd drive to his post office and ask about the package. If you make the day difficult for them, they will understand that the package is important.
jbhofmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #31 (permalink)

Seriously, let's steer clear of politics in here. I really don't want to hear anyone's political vitriol, especially the government evils of the post office. Thanks very much!
zachtruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #32 (permalink)

I didnt insure the package because I had a sour taste in my mouth from a previous instance where I insured a package for 400 dollars and it took forever to finally collect. Also seems like you just have to be persistent with them and do work for them to recover your funds on the package... So I said F' the insurance this time around. And the Insurance said F' me apparently.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

sounds like maybe he had it returned and maybe met the mail man before it was returned and got it.
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #34 (permalink)

$700 and no insurance?
Texas Brave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #35 (permalink)

I truly believe he did no such thing at this point. He has gone to the PO 4 times since it has happened and opened 2 different claims. One of which was for the postal inspector/PO policeman to get involved. I called them for the third time today and the lady seemed to have known the case right when I mentioned the recipients first name. Had he stole the item he would not be looking for the solution. It is all on the Post Office.

I will just wait and see what happens, I didn't insure the package so maybe I am to blame. But I am not sure even with insurance on a lost item it would be so easy to collect. So YOLO haha just messing with the YOLO part but yeah im not killing myself over it. Just hoping it comes out of the PO

Last edited by neema; 10-10-2012 at 11:44 AM.
neema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #36 (permalink)

So here's myside and to anyone who wants to sit behind their computer and judge me without knowing all facts and call me a liar or a thief , how I wish you lived close by so we could discuss your comments in person.

The truth is this: I asked the package to be shipped to me but unfortunatly Mr. Neema had shipped package in my wife's name. My wife knows I buy cards but being that she's half cuban she's fiery and I did not want her to know how much I had just spent on 3 cards. I did go to post office and ask them to hold package their for pickup. They make you fill out a form providing information on the package (this is standard in every post office in America if you ask them). On Monday Oct 1. when I got off my job @ 9Am the tracking # showed package was last scanned in Greensboro over the weekend. I went to work at my other job ang got off around 6:30. When I got home I checked tracking # and showed it was in Lenoir and went out for delivery, I thought sweet Ill get cards tommorrow. Oct 2 I get off work again around 9am run by post office to pick package, but know one can find it. I ask to speak to a Supervisor who says she remebers the package coming in but not sure where its out and for me to come by later that day. Oct 2 around 4-5pm on my lunch go to post office and speak to a different supervisor who again tells me they cant find package and maybe it was accidently shipped back to sender. I was told to keep watching tracking # that it would show up when its scanned. Oct 5th Friday around 3pm I go to post office again talk to a supervisor who says they have no idea where package is at and "they've looked everywhere"( supposivly) and i should come by Tuesday being they were closed for a Holiday the Post office would get cleaned thoroughly. Oct 9th around 9AM I go to post office and speak to the original Supervisor I delt with on day 1. She told me that they had no luck and the package wasn't found. She also stated they had 3 other packages missing from same time frame but they were presciption packages (wether this is true I do not know). She said she had turned info over to Postal Inspector, but unless they find someone redhanded or owns up the package was probably stolen or gone. She also stated that because it wasnt inssured she didnt think the Post office would do anything. So here we are, Im still hoping it turns up. I still havent completly given up hope but I will be scouring the internet to see if these cards pop up and I will be contacting the local dealers in the surrounding area to see if someone trys to sale them, because mail fraud is a federal offense. This is the truth I swear, Matt N
nadeauman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #37 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadeauman33 View Post
The truth is this: I asked the package to be shipped to me but unfortunatly Mr. Neema had shipped package in my wife's name. My wife knows I buy cards but being that she's half cuban she's fiery and I did not want her to know how much I had just spent on 3 cards. I did go to post office and ask them to hold package their for pickup.
Sucks about the package, but know this: any time you try to change up standard procedure with something like the USPS, you are just adding a large potential point of failure and/or abuse.

It's too late for this one, but consider getting a Paypal account in your own name/mailing address so you don't have to do the dance with the PO/postman.

Anyway, best of luck, I really hope this gets resolved and it's just a matter of it being misplaced at the PO and not stolen. I'll be keeping an eye out for those cards, I do a lot of 2011 BC/BDPP searches.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #38 (permalink)

Do people usually put "WARNING, THERE ARE $700 WORTH OF CARDS INSIDE THIS PACKAGE" on the outside of it? Otherwise how would your wife know WHETHER you spent $7 or $700? Also, someone who spends that much money seems to have a very nonchalant and cavalier attitude about a lost package. If i spend $500+ on something and the PO had a "check the tracking" or "we don't know" approach to it, I'd be furious and barking up the corporate ladder until they sent slab-sniffing dogs looking for the damn thing.

Also, no matter how bad of a taste a processed insurance claim leaves, how can u not spend the $15 extra to cover you in case of a loss? I've been through it and it sucks, but it is SOOOO worth it. Nice to know that if it doesn't turn up, you're just ok with it. Must be nice to not worry about such a huge potential loss.

I hope everything works out for the best, but seems like neither of you have a great deal of interest this deal is processed properly, either on the front or back end.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #39 (permalink)

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkus View Post
Do people usually put "WARNING, THERE ARE $700 WORTH OF CARDS INSIDE THIS PACKAGE" on the outside of it? Otherwise how would your wife know WHETHER you spent $7 or $700? Also, someone who spends that much money seems to have a very nonchalant and cavalier attitude about a lost package. If i spend $500+ on something and the PO had a "check the tracking" or "we don't know" approach to it, I'd be furious and barking up the corporate ladder until they sent slab-sniffing dogs looking for the damn thing.

Also, no matter how bad of a taste a processed insurance claim leaves, how can u not spend the $15 extra to cover you in case of a loss? I've been through it and it sucks, but it is SOOOO worth it. Nice to know that if it doesn't turn up, you're just ok with it. Must be nice to not worry about such a huge potential loss.

I hope everything works out for the best, but seems like neither of you have a great deal of interest this deal is processed properly, either on the front or back end.
If she would have signed for package the first words she'd ask me is how much did you pay for that, and I rather not lie to her. And the nonchalant or cavalier comment if thats directed at me, how the Hell do you know my attitude by reading my post? I was staying calm and tryin to be polite on here. Truth is Im pissed off and either go by or contact the post office every single day since this started and will continue untill this is resolved!
Old 10-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

Neema,

Are you in Chicago? When I looked at the dc# you provided, the package originated from Charlotte then went to Forest Park, IL in a day. It was then sent back to NC and out for delivery. Just wondering where you shipped from???
jbhofmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #41 (permalink)

Sorry to hear about the loss of cards and $

What happens if you find a card on ebay one day FS? what can you do?

I am on same boat; lost an Orange Bryce Harper Jumbo Patch Auto from 2012 Finest and I go on ebay everyday looking for #89/99 but what could I do if I do find it besides reporting to Ebay? Will they actually do something?

I have the Ebay messages, tracking # and listing number tha all prove I mailed the card and it never reached the buyer (actually went to a diff state, wtf?).
Old 10-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #42 (permalink)

Yeah, I am not sure why I should be so upset... That way if I lose 700 dollars I can also go about my days being pissed AS FUUCK.... For what? I just let it go and was hoping the shiit comes back. I will admit that once the claim was open and that money was on hold, that made me realize what was happening a little more. But like I said all I can do is call that Lenoir, NC PO and hope it comes up. No point in ruining my attitude everyday, and being upset.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #43 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB81 View Post

I am on same boat; lost an Orange Bryce Harper Jumbo Patch Auto from 2012 Finest and I go on ebay everyday looking for #89/99 but what could I do if I do find it besides reporting to Ebay? Will they actually do something?

I have the Ebay messages, tracking # and listing number tha all prove I mailed the card and it never reached the buyer (actually went to a diff state, wtf?).
If you filed a police report, I think you can follow up with them and tell them that your property is up on eBay.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB81 View Post

It seemed like the PO was opening an investigation, so I figured once the cards show up I can call the PO and say I found an account with them on it. If it turns out to be a past worker of USPS then he will definitely get caught, if not I would message the guy asking who he got it from to find the original thief. Also figure maybe once the guy realizes the cards will do him no good, but get him caught he may ship them back to the sender. To make it look like it was just sent back from the PO. (Hopefully the guy does that.)
Old 10-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhofmann View Post
Neema,

Are you in Chicago? When I looked at the dc# you provided, the package originated from Charlotte then went to Forest Park, IL in a day. It was then sent back to NC and out for delivery. Just wondering where you shipped from???
I am from a suburb in a Chicago, that's what was weird to me as well. Maybe just a glitch, cause I dropped it off at a PO in Illinois.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkus View Post

They have those?!!!

It is not that far'fetched for people to ask the postal service or Ups or whomever to hang onto a package for pickup. Lot of times it is because packages get stolen when left in the mail box or front porch, and people feel it is safer in the hands to the deliverer than sitting where random hands can grab it.

Even if he didn't request for it to be held at the post office, there is still the potential an employee steals these when it arrives to the facility and before it is loaded onto the carrier. I don't think his request for USPS to hold it CAUSED it to be stolen.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecamp99 View Post
They have those?!!!

It is not that far'fetched for people to ask the postal service or Ups or whomever to hang onto a package for pickup. Lot of times it is because packages get stolen when left in the mail box or front porch, and people feel it is safer in the hands to the deliverer than sitting where random hands can grab it.

Even if he didn't request for it to be held at the post office, there is still the potential an employee steals these when it arrives to the facility and before it is loaded onto the carrier. I don't think his request for USPS to hold it CAUSED it to be stolen.
Never said it caused it, if that's what you are saying. Just said it was lost/Stolen in that transition...
Old 10-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #48 (permalink)

In my gut I dont think it was stolen, I think its there in the Post Office. Its not a huge Post Office and there is such a small time frame for someone to steal this random package that they have no idea whats in it.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neema View Post
Never said it caused it, if that's what you are saying. Just said it was lost/Stolen in that transition...
No I understand that's not what you said, other people are arguing with him holding it up at the PO potentielly could have led to this being stolen. I'm just arguing what he did, requesting it to be held for pickup, is normal for a lot of people. It really sucks and loses a lot of faith and trust with the postal service if it winds up someone internally stole these.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #50 (permalink)

Sucks about the situation for both parties. But buyer, did you ask your wife if she got the cards? I don't know how it works with married couples, but I wouldn't think they would allow mail in another person's name to be stopped by anyone other than that person.

I hope for everyone that the situation eventually get resolved.
IUjapander is offline   Reply With Quote