Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #76 (permalink)

I love the fact that the Giants did this against Latos and he is now a big fat 0 for 2 in elimination games against them. Karma is a bitch and it just kicked Latos in the azz.
Maybe next time Dusty.

Go Giants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
purejd86p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:04 AM   #77 (permalink)
Banned

[QUOTE=RedSoxFan28;3456910]haha, they are showing the Giants congratulating each other after the game then out of no where you here a "F---- Yeah!" I think it was Brain Wilson[/QUOTE

as you was saying......lets see your MVP save your Giants.....what did he do ?...he made you eat your words
scorpion1157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #78 (permalink)

Posey had a nice timing hit, but if you look at his total postseason stats he needs to get into "MVP" form. Batting .211, just as many K's as hits, OBP .318, he is not hitting MVP worthy now. He might of been MVP of game 5 since he hit a GS, but if you take away that one hit, he didn't do much in the rest of the series.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugarpj View Post
Giants. Ho hum. Totally boring NLCS if St. Louis wins now.
Only series more boring will be Tigers and the Yankees !!!
Kent Clements is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
Posey had a nice timing hit, but if you look at his total postseason stats he needs to get into "MVP" form. Batting .211, just as many K's as hits, OBP .318, he is not hitting MVP worthy now. He might of been MVP of game 5 since he hit a GS, but if you take away that one hit, he didn't do much in the rest of the series.
How about game 3 when he started the rally while no Giants can hit Cincinnati at all and scored the winning run in OT?
Old 10-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny42yu View Post
How about game 3 when he started the rally while no Giants can hit Cincinnati at all and scored the winning run in OT?
haha, are you serious? Going 0-3 with 2k's through 9 innings, then finishing 1-4. He scored on an error. Nothing to be bragging about. 1-4 with 2k's isn't carrying your team Yes I know he scored the game wining run, but if Rolen actually fielded the ball correctly he would never of scored.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
haha, are you serious? Going 0-3 with 2k's through 9 innings, then finishing 1-4. He scored on an error. Nothing to be bragging about. 1-4 with 2k's isn't carrying your team Yes I know he scored the game wining run, but if Rolen actually fielded the ball correctly he would never of scored.
A.) he was on base and that's what mattered for the team right then and there. They WON.
B.) He led the team and ran a major portion of the games as the catcher.
C.) the runners he threw out were huge changes of tide in the games.
D.) he had 2 home runs one of which the deciding factor as a grand slam
E.) Even if Rolen had not bobbled that ball does not means the Reds would have won that game and you cannot say for sure Posey would never have scored, maybe he would have scored later ha ha

It was a full team effort for sure, but he did enough in a five game window (total post season so far) to indeed be seen has having done pretty dang good, of course Ryan Ludwick on the Reds and Brandon Phillips were freaking on fire..but look where that got them. Posey HELPS carry the team in way more ways than with his bat. Players always want and need to improve, so of course he'll want to focus on getting on base more next series, but your arguments against his performance are weaker than his performance was for sure.
ArsonCuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Clements View Post
Only series more boring will be Tigers and the Yankees !!!
I agree. A coast for Detroit through the disabled Yanks would be boring.
Tugarpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
If you watched the game, no one on the Giants got a lead off hit until Posey single. You called out Posey because you think he is not putting up the regular season stats. in a short series? In postseason "WIN" is the only key stat., and Posey is leading Giants to that department whether you like it or not.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsonCuff View Post
A.) he was on base and that's what mattered for the team right then and there. They WON.
B.) He led the team and ran a major portion of the games as the catcher.
C.) the runners he threw out were huge changes of tide in the games.
D.) he had 2 home runs one of which the deciding factor as a grand slam
E.) Even if Rolen had not bobbled that ball does not means the Reds would have won that game and you cannot say for sure Posey would never have scored, maybe he would have scored later ha ha

It was a full team effort for sure, but he did enough in a five game window (total post season so far) to indeed be seen has having done pretty dang good, of course Ryan Ludwick on the Reds and Brandon Phillips were freaking on fire..but look where that got them. Posey HELPS carry the team in way more ways than with his bat. Players always want and need to improve, so of course he'll want to focus on getting on base more next series, but your arguments against his performance are weaker than his performance was for sure.
About throwing runners out, yes he a great at doing that, but it was also poor base running by the Reds. I understand what only matters is he threw them out but the Reds should've been smarter on the base path

If I was a Giants fans I wouldn't be extremely happy in Posey's playing this series. Yes Posey did enough for the team to win I would be expecting more from the "NL MVP"

I agree Posey is a great player but he didn't seem to be "usual" only batting .211, and having a .318 OBP. What I am trying to say is to all the people saying Posey showed his MVP ability, and really showed up this series are full of it. Posey helped carry, but this series Posey himself didn't carry the team

Also if it's Giants vs Cardinals I want the Giants to win

Note: I was watching the game.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny42yu View Post
If you watched the game, no one on the Giants got a lead off hit until Posey single. You called out Posey because you think he is not putting up the regular season stats. in a short series? In postseason "WIN" is the only key stat., and Posey is leading Giants to that department whether you like it or not.
A win is a team effort not just Posey. Were was Posey in game #2, #3, and #4? Yes in game #3 " he by himself scored the game winning run" on an error

Also about your above post I am pretty sure in the MLB/baseball they call it "Extra Innings" not "OT".
Old 10-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #87 (permalink)

Gotta give props to the Giants. They won it and made the Reds look bad. I had the Reds making it to the world series....but I guess there is always next time.
abcd1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcd1234 View Post
Gotta give props to the Giants. They won it and made the Reds look bad. I had the Reds making it to the world series....but I guess there is always next time.
Agreed, THE GIANTS won it. I wouldn't say they made the Red's look bad. Yes the Red's blew a 2-0 series lead but most of the games were close.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #89 (permalink)

The best thing about this entire thread is the early conversation about how "huge" the strike zone was yet it was 5 or 6 calls that Latos thought he should've gotten, but didn't, that led to the 6 run inning! Zone sure got tight there for a while.