Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Topps Tier One Redemption Dilemma

I had a HORRIBLE 6 box case of Topps Tier one

the best cards I pulled was Will Clark auto, Neftali Feliz patch auto /25 and a Matt Holliday White Ink parallel redemption

I was just notified by topps that the Crowd Pleaser Auto White Ink Parallel of Matt Holliday is beyond the 8 week processing. I imagine Holliday will sign once the Cardinals are eliminated.

The question is should I request a replacement in hopes of getting something that might move quicker than the Holliday. Who knows I might get lucky since it won't have Beckett value due to scarcity.

Any thoughts, wait it out (I'll just move it when it comes in) or ask for a replacement.

Thanks for the input.
#1 Tim Shaw collector.
Formerly Tigerstarpcrew
Wiscollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

Great question, as I am debating the same thing about my Kemp Silver ink. I really want the Kemp, but fear it will never come. Almost as much as I fear a bum replacement. I will probably get impatient and just ask for a replacement. Can't stand redemptions!!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Im on the opposite end of the spectrum, not terribly interested in the Holiday, so I'm hoping the replacement would give me something of equal value ($40-60 salve value) that will move quicker.
#1 Tim Shaw collector.
Formerly Tigerstarpcrew
Wiscollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauceman View Post
Great question, as I am debating the same thing about my Kemp Silver ink. I really want the Kemp, but fear it will never come. Almost as much as I fear a bum replacement. I will probably get impatient and just ask for a replacement. Can't stand redemptions!!
if u recently redeemed a kemp ur gonna be waiting for a loooooong time... i redeemed one in mid march and still dont have it, but not replacing it for the same reason, i really want it...
Old 10-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

I would get a replacement. The holliday doesnt mean anything to you then take the risk and get a different card.
Lastminute73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd1224 View Post
if u recently redeemed a kemp ur gonna be waiting for a loooooong time... i redeemed one in mid march and still dont have it, but not replacing it for the same reason, i really want it...
Could be worse I sent my Kemp 2012 Tribute to the Stars redemption card in and they lost it...and sent me a 2010 Tribute auto...
Old 10-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd1224 View Post
Yea mine was redeemed in about early June, still nothin...Probably just gonna roll the dice I hate waiting
Old 10-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

DONT ASK FOR A SUBSTITUTION... I posted my woes about this... wait it out as long as you can... It has been a scarce variety of people who have received a fair substitution... It is a hard decision to take... and if you ask for a Sub give them a VERY detailed list of what you like... BC Guess what, you wont get a damn one of them...

I am very sorry for your unlucky situation... I cannot be positive at all about substitutions...

Topps and their Redemption "Substitution" Program

But on a Positive side, just do what your gut tells you what to do... Topps somehow uses a different Beckett value than the magazine itself...

Proud member and worker on boxbusters.tv, come visit BoogsCards
dilandboogscard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:05 AM   #9 (permalink)

No way would I take a substitution. Topps just makes up what they consider a card of 'equal value'. If you do a search in the 'Blowouts Hobby Talk' forum for the word 'Topps' in the title you will come back with all kind of horror stories of what topps has done in regards to replacing redemptions. Cards coming back damaged, cards coming back that have no where near the value as the original, cards not being shipped properly (wrong size toploaders, no penny sleeve), etc. Then you try to contact Topps back about it and they basically say 'F off, we have the right to replace the card with whatever we determine to be fair and you are going to accept it'. They also will not tell you how they came up with how it was equal value, probably because they dont know how its done. Likely they just have some person that knows nothing about cards getting paid $8 an hour to grab a card out of a box and ship it

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Ask for a substitution so you'll get a Nyjer Morgan auto.