Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
I just had a Chipotle burrito bowl, but your avatar is making me hungry again.
haha. sometimes when i am hungry, i look at my avatar and start lick the computer screen, yes i am a very strange man.

.271 AVG 4 HR 47 RBI
metsandweezer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBaddestHic View Post
Why does everyone hate A-Rod so much? Is it only because of the steroids? Because I personally don't find that good enough of a reason to hate someone as much as everyone else does. Maybe I'm missing something else being away from following baseball for as long as I was.
Hate Bonds X10 more than Arod. Bonds is a consummate self absorbed dick just like Ricky Henderson was.
Tugarpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #28 (permalink)

It's the pink/purple lip gloss that pushes me over the edge.

Quote:
Why does everyone hate A-Rod so much? Is it only because of the steroids? Because I personally don't find that good enough of a reason to hate someone as much as everyone else does. Maybe I'm missing something else being away from following baseball for as long as I was.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
It's the pink/purple lip gloss that pushes me over the edge.
Yeah but that's only because you think it doesn't match his outfit
Old 10-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #30 (permalink)

What goes with prison garb? Nada...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodie27 View Post
Yeah but that's only because you think it doesn't match his outfit
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgoo2 View Post
I don't see a bunch of Andy Pettitte haters coming out of the woodwork...
And why there be Andy Pettitte haters?
vwnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
This is a good question. Typically sports fans have very short memories, Yankees fans are even worse for the most part. Arod is the best baseball player of his generation and its not even that close. He has struggles the past couple of years but hell, even when he struggles he is still better than your average player. In 2009 he basically carried that team to the WS but of course that is long forgotten about at this point, although it was less than 3 years ago. People want to hate him becouse of his roid use. Get over it. I truly wish the real truth would come out about all these players becouse I am willing to bet my life on it that guys like Griffey and Pujols and all these otehr beloved guys are guilty of it as well. He's not the Arod of old and everyone gets that, nobody that knows anything about baseball ever expected him to maintain his numbers this late into his career. He got that big contract for the things he was doing then, not now and thats what Yankees fans can't seem to understand. I have never understood why he is so hated. I guess just becouse he is good. Go ahead and start the flame throwing and start spewing his stats over the past couple years. Just don't forget all his body of work prior to that. And I am not a Yankees fan by the way, far from it.
romad97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Interesting strategy ... bet you will see a key PH late in this game.

yeah, by Jayson Nix
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #34 (permalink)

inb4 pregame interview with fake smiles saying he woulda been disappointed if this were 10 years ago but he's now all about what's best for the team.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
For me it has nothing to do with the roids, it's that he left Seattle for one and only one reason, $$$$$$$, and then when they weren't winning he forced his way to the team I hate the most.

Just selfish

And ever since he was on the Yankees I've felt like he's become a huge dick
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugarpj View Post
Hate Bonds X10 more than Arod. Bonds is a consummate self absorbed dick just like Ricky Henderson was.

Because that is what the media has told you?? Amazing how strong some people's opinions can be of someone even with the fact that they never met or talked with the person themselves
Old 10-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
For me it has nothing to do with the roids, it's that he left Seattle for one and only one reason, $$$$$$$, and then when they weren't winning he forced his way to the team I hate the most.

Just selfish

And ever since he was on the Yankees I've felt like he's become a huge dick

but honestly NONE of us can sit here and truthfully admit that they would not go play for a certain team if they offered up a contract to you for a quarter of a BILLION dollars so I can't see how anyone can hold that against him
Old 10-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
Because that is what the media has told you?? Amazing how strong some people's opinions can be of someone even with the fact that they never met or talked with the person themselves
Do you have an opinion of your president? Have you met him? Lame argument. Seen plenty of interviews with both. Total dicks.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugarpj View Post
Do you have an opinion of your president? Have you met him? Lame argument. Seen plenty of interviews with both. Total dicks.
I have an opinion of how the president is doing as far as his job but no I do not have an opinion on Barack or any of the other former presidents as to how their personal lives are. I do have a good one of Bonds as I've met and talked with him several times. He hates talking to the media, loves hanging out with baseball fans. Its not a lame argument, its your way of saying you're basing your opinion based on other peoples experiences
Old 10-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
I have an opinion of how the president is doing as far as his job but no I do not have an opinion on Barack or any of the other former presidents as to how their personal lives are. I do have a good one of Bonds as I've met and talked with him several times. He hates talking to the media, loves hanging out with baseball fans. Its not a lame argument, its your way of saying you're basing your opinion based on other peoples experiences
You've met him so you know him...ok.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
but honestly NONE of us can sit here and truthfully admit that they would not go play for a certain team if they offered up a contract to you for a quarter of a BILLION dollars so I can't see how anyone can hold that against him
But then to force your way out of town after just 3 years is where the problem comes from, I didn't really have a problem with him taking the deal, it was how he handled the losing.

If you're getting paid that much you shut your mouth and smile, don't force your way to NY 3 years into a 10 year deal
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnut13 View Post
And why there be Andy Pettitte haters?
I was just speaking to the fact that it's more to do with Arod's attitude/fame than the PHD talk. Pettitte on the other hand seems like a nice guy and admitted to using a couple times for recovery purposes with no harm done.

My Photobucket: http://s526.photobucket.com/albums/cc343/mcgoo2_2008/
mcgoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #43 (permalink)

Lol, I didn't mean to start an argument, was just curious about all of the hate. I understand it though. Me, coming back to collecting after stopping in the early 2000s, I always remembered A-Rod as the beloved player on the Mariners, so it's just weird to see everyone bashing him now. I know that some people probably get hated after going to the Yankees; I jokingly hate on Andruw Jones for being a traitor. But I'll still collect his cards in a Braves uniform .

I don't really follow what types of people players are in real life. I more just pay attention to what they do on the field, although it sounds like A-Rod may have done some non classy things in the field too.
DaBaddestHic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #44 (permalink)

Cano deserves to be benched.
vwnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnut13 View Post
Cano deserves to be benched.
Heh, he's really been miserable, hasn't he? Amazing to think that the same guy hit .615 the last 9 games of the season. The thing is...he can get hot at any point in time, so you really just need to keep plugging him in there.

...although Jayson Nix has been swinging quite the hot stick this series
Old 10-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #46 (permalink)

I hear alot of 'When do you think his power will come back' talk on MLB and ESPN, Can't believe no one has yet to say the obvious 'Never!' His power came from roids, that's that. He only did well aganst Joe Nathan and his half torn elbow ligament, Matsui did the real damage that postseason. Arod also slightly improved his terrible postseason numbers in '04 ALCS Game 3 vs Boston (the 19-8 asswhooping vs Boston's it's-a-blowout-we-give-up pitchers) Good luck with the 5 yrs/100+ million contract remainder, he may not even reach the milestone HR's-that get him an extra $6 million each, he's just a huge embarrasment to the team
coltsnsox07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgoo2 View Post
I think it's just the Roids + painted by the media as a jerk. Same thing with Bonds. I don't see a bunch of Andy Pettitte haters coming out of the woodwork...
pettite wins games in the playoffs, a-rod strikes out.
Lastminute73 is offline   Reply With Quote