Blowout Cards Forums
Start Your Reign of Domination Now with GetTheMachine.com!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default COMC Newbie questions

Figured its time to start and wondering a few things. Mainly what type of cards should I send in and also is it just a one time processing fees? Does most stuff move well also? Does older stuff move decent too? Like mid 90's and newer but #d an rarer inserts? Thanks for the info guys never thought it was really worth it figured not too much would sell.

Also whoever gives me some good info that'll help (1 winner) will get a free auto minimum!

Last edited by JoeD617; 10-16-2012 at 04:49 PM.
JoeD617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm still a bit of a rookie with only 4 months selling so far. I haven't really determined what type of card sells the best. Set collectors and player-pc collectors seem to buy at the same rate. However, your best bet is to submit cards where there arent already multiple copies available on the site. Otherwise you get into pricing wars with other sellers. Not saying you can't submit those cards, they're just not as profitable.

You pay processing fees up front for each card submitted based on the speed you want them processed. There are no additional charges for the next three months. After that you will pay $.01 per card per month for storage. Cards priced $.75 and below are not subject to storage fees.

Before you send, there's usually a $20 voucher floating around the internet for first time submitters. That'll pay for your first 80 cards.
GoBeavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

I too just started an account, I understand the pricing, but was curious if it's even worth the 25 cents to send in cards I'd hope to sell for $1. Of course on ebay I can't even sell those cards since it would cost the buyer about $3 min so I guess it's worth the risk?

Is there a way to track sales on the site? I know they go by Beckett Value, but obviously I use ebay SV as my "price" so I'd be curious to know if it's worth sending more expensive stuff in.

http://marketplace.beckett.com/thescoutscards_1260
thescout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Everything sells at the right price. High end stuff might sit there for quite a while, but it will move eventually, but usually at or around ebay prices. Your inserts and numbered cards will sell there as people can get them shipped in bulk and from different sellers. Like a previous poster stated, look for the $20 voucher. You can get close to 100 cards with that to start and see how it works. There is the original 25 cent charge, plus a one cent charge monthly after the third month of it being stored there.

I think it has been great. I have sent quite a few things in lately and am having quite a few sales. I need to temper my excitement though, as it can move slowly at points. Be patient, try different things, and take offers. I love it when I am looking for a card and there are like 20 cards on the site that have the same thing. I send the offer and it is rejected. I just go on to the next one and usually get it. The first seller could at least counter with something near what is acceptable. They lose out on so much.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

things can move slowly at times, but you also get surprises, cards I never would have listed on ebay can sit and sometimes my price gets hit, sometimes it sells after a couple of counter offers, either way, that $2.50 bv insert woulda just sat in my box forever instead of selling for $0.80
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Sub-forum full of threads answering your questions:

Ebay/CheckOutMyCards/Online Selling/Shows - Blowout Cards Forums
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default one more question for the comc pros

Here is probably the best advice I'd like an answer to. If there is a card, for example something I just sold on ebay so I was looking at it...2010 Bowman Chrome USA Bubba Starling base chrome card. I see that there are 103 of them available with the lowest price being $1.74, with that many listed at or above that price is it somewhat safe to assume that I could put one on there and it would almost be assured to sell if I listed it for close to 1.74 or cheaper? I know how to comp sales on ebay, but obviously it's hard to comp asking prices.

Just curious if that's how you guys think or if the BV really dictates anything.

Thanks again and I'll check that other link. I'm about to literally send in hundreds of random inserts and RC cards and refractors that I would probably otherwise never sell so I could care less if I lose $50, but I'm hopeful that like ebay those BINs will just magically get popped (always a fun surprise when the ebay app lights up the iphone).

http://marketplace.beckett.com/thescoutscards_1260
thescout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks a lot guys! Fungi pm me your address and fav team freebie coming!

Btw Scout SICK Crick!!! Have a nice PC going of him and wow would that look good in it!!

Last edited by JoeD617; 10-17-2012 at 11:31 AM.
JoeD617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #9 (permalink)

Just sent in my first lot recently and looking forward to seeing how it works. I did not have the voucher but they gave me the 20.00 off anyways without me even asking. They seem pretty solid to me.
Gator993 is offline   Reply With Quote