Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
I know which one of you I would rather be.
Awfully judgemental of you no? Surely the awareness that these people are in fact "out there" can't put me in the same social group as the person who commits the act? However since this is the Internet unfortunately, I can't detect if you were being somehow sarcastic or taking a stab at my character. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, a favor too late to return. If you would like to further the conversation, by all means continue your thought. PM me if you prefer.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:37 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onenineeightsix View Post
Awfully judgemental of you no? Surely the awareness that these people are in fact "out there" can't put me in the same social group as the person who commits the act? However since this is the Internet unfortunately, I can't detect if you were being somehow sarcastic or taking a stab at my character. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, a favor too late to return. If you would like to further the conversation, by all means continue your thought. PM me if you prefer.
Sorry, it was not my intention to be judgmental of you ... please forgive me.

All I'm saying is that, based on my life's experience, I am (and have been) much happier when I am able to forgive, forget, and move on ... even when people have hurt me greatly (not just financially, but personally). mouschi has done that, and it brings him a much greater happiness than any "awareness" or bitterness could ever bring.

Again, I'm sorry, it was a rash thing to say.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #28 (permalink)

good luck to the OP, you seem like a good guy. hope everything works out in the end

Check out my eBay store for great cards at great prices! Everything set OBO!
HOFcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #29 (permalink)

After all of this psyco-babble, I'm starting to think that the person that thieved your gift card was a polititian.
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouschi View Post
He is hurting himself and others around him, whether he understands/feels it or not, and in the end, he will pay. Things like this tend to always come back and bite you in the butt.

Oh well, thank the Lord it wasn't thousands of dollars. I'm over it - just thankful it didn't happen to someone who really, really needed the money.

I agree though - psychologically it is interesting. I always look at people thinking "how the heck could they say/do that?" I s'pose we are all made in different shapes, colors, sizes to keep life interesting.

you're 'over it'? I thought you said you were now going to write a letter
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:11 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Sorry, it was not my intention to be judgmental of you ... please forgive me.

All I'm saying is that, based on my life's experience, I am (and have been) much happier when I am able to forgive, forget, and move on ... even when people have hurt me greatly (not just financially, but personally). mouschi has done that, and it brings him a much greater happiness than any "awareness" or bitterness could ever bring.

Again, I'm sorry, it was a rash thing to say.
I appreciate the apology and the PM. I can also see your point of view quite clearly and I certainly respect it. I empathize with the predicament mouschi is in and feel that, however unfortunate it may be, it becomes almost necessary to adopt a more jaded perspective. The more knowledge you obtain regarding people and what actually makes up the "general public" the more reasonable the premise becomes.

I would also add that it no way does increasing knowledge or awareness make things more difficult to let go. Quite the opposite actually. If something like this happens to me (and it has, not the same scenario but regardless) I don't bother asking why, or how could someone do this. I know why, I know how. If history both recent and ancient is any indicator couldn't we agree that one of the basis' of humanity is that were able to forgive and forget just about anything given the proper time and distraction. Awareness and bitterness are not synonymous.

Last edited by onenineeightsix; 11-29-2012 at 11:20 PM.
onenineeightsix is offline   Reply With Quote