Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #51 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abracadaver View Post
Thanks Jaypers, what are your thoughts on Brian Johnson if I may ask?
Deceptive lefty with solid offerings, and if things don't work out on the mound, has great power and solid defender at 1B. The Sox sure do like drafting two-way players (i.e. Casey Kelly, for one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdogg View Post
No Chase Davidson in the Astros top 20???
Not a great athlete, has raw power but not much else. Future 1B/DH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
What has happened to cause the huge decline in Felix Sterling? Last year he was #4 on your CLE list and now he doesn't even crack the top 4.
Lost a lot of his mojo this season, command especially. Still hopeful for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruvydsb View Post
I would have thought a nice season from Aderlin R. would have gotten him higher than 20, thoughts?
Power only standout tool, will likely move to 1B from 3B. Thick lower half, very slow runner. Still young, though.

If you want to make your message board experience a lot more enjoyable, simply block those who constantly lie, deflect and troll others. You'll be glad you did.
Jaypers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #52 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Awesome to see so many decent names on the Mariners list. Also awesome to see Addison Russell in the top spot for the A's. He and Zunino probably made the biggest impacts right away for their respective clubs right out of the draft.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #53 (permalink)

Thanks for the list, was wondering scouting report for Adam Brett walker of the twins.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #54 (permalink)

Jaypers, whanted to see what you thoght Chris Marrero's chance to get back up to the bigs. Seems like he has been cought in a string of unfortunate injuries. Looks like he still might have a slim chance?

Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #55 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsinusall View Post
Thanks for the list, was wondering scouting report for Adam Brett walker of the twins.
Here's what BA had to say yesterday in their Twins draft report card:

Best Power Hitter: OF Adam Brett Walker (3) hits them far and frequently. He'll always have some swing-and-miss issues, but Twins scouts thought he had the best raw power in the draft.

If you want to make your message board experience a lot more enjoyable, simply block those who constantly lie, deflect and troll others. You'll be glad you did.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #56 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsters View Post
Jaypers, whanted to see what you thoght Chris Marrero's chance to get back up to the bigs. Seems like he has been cought in a string of unfortunate injuries. Looks like he still might have a slim chance?
He's come a long way from being comparable to Albert Pujols, according to Beckett's Rookie Rolodex, way back when. If the Nats can somehow find room at 1B for him, he can fit in. Otherwise, he's trade bait.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
Here's what BA had to say yesterday in their Twins draft report card:

Best Power Hitter: OF Adam Brett Walker (3) hits them far and frequently. He'll always have some swing-and-miss issues, but Twins scouts thought he had the best raw power in the draft.

Thanks for the timely reply. Your the best
Old 10-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
OH MY GOD WHY ISNT BRENTZ #1 I KNEW HE'D BE #1 LOL, what a surprise.

The Anthony Ranaudo love by people still surprises me, I really thought he wouldnt even make the BA top 30
LOL, no said he was or should be #1. Do you ever get over something or do you always have to bring up the past?

Other then that decent list Jaypers!
Old 10-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #59 (permalink)

Default Always appreciate your work and knowledge...

Thanks again Jaypers for sharing your insights.

I wonder if you agree with my biased 2 cents on Slade Heathcott. I believe he has upside to prospectors (like me) as long as he puts in a decent Arizona League season and especially stays healthy for a full minor league season in 2013.

Seems to need a year to get past the health label.

Fingers crossed,
VinnyH
Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits. If I post a pic of a player, I took it. I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
VinnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #60 (permalink)

I have Pettibone ranked a lot higher than you, He showed better stuff at AA than May and Rodriguez, and he continued his good numbers into AAA. What do you see/not see in him that ranks him outside your top 10? His BB/K ratio went up at the AAA level but only have a 7 game sample size to draw those numbers from.

I do like that you have Larry Greene ranked where you do, so many people (including a lot on this board) have him ranked so high. I saw him play this season and he looked lost at the plate.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #61 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyH View Post
I wonder if you agree with my biased 2 cents on Slade Heathcott. I believe he has upside to prospectors (like me) as long as he puts in a decent Arizona League season and especially stays healthy for a full minor league season in 2013.

Seems to need a year to get past the health label.
I don't believe I've read your biased 2 cents on him, but he definitely still has upside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
I have Pettibone ranked a lot higher than you, He showed better stuff at AA than May and Rodriguez, and he continued his good numbers into AAA. What do you see/not see in him that ranks him outside your top 10? His BB/K ratio went up at the AAA level but only have a 7 game sample size to draw those numbers from.
Has a great changeup, but will need to work more on his slider, especially against righthanders. Also, FB is too straight. Still, he's a solid #4-5 for me.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #62 (permalink)
Banned

J.P, do you have concerns over Hellweg being 22 or 23 and in AA, or can he rapidly rise in 2013 and possibly join the Crew??? and what do you see his ceiling as, a #2-3 starter, or a potential closer...Thanks
mdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
LOL, no said he was or should be #1. Do you ever get over something or do you always have to bring up the past?

Other then that decent list Jaypers!
Nope, read it again. He said he would be again.

Do you ever get over not following me around and posting

And no I wont move past that until all the publications are out and I am proved correct because of how obnoxious he was.

I love the internet!
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
Nope, read it again. He said he would be again.

Do you ever get over not following me around and posting

And no I wont move past that until all the publications are out and I am proved correct because of how obnoxious he was.

I love the internet!
Wait, who said Brentz is/should be #1 again? I must of missed it
Brentz definitely shouldn't be #1, Bogaerts is easily #1.

And I will NEVER stop "following" you
Old 10-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #65 (permalink)

Default LOL

Quote:
I don't believe I've read your biased 2 cents on him, but he definitely still has upside
I probable wasn't clear. I own a lot of Heathcott rookies and, like most people asking, am biased toward my investment.

Best Always,
VinnyH
Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits. If I post a pic of a player, I took it. I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
VinnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #66 (permalink)

Great work as always JP what's your take on Chad James does he get going in the right direction, seemed like he regressed this year?
blackandgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #67 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdogg View Post
J.P, do you have concerns over Hellweg being 22 or 23 and in AA, or can he rapidly rise in 2013 and possibly join the Crew??? and what do you see his ceiling as, a #2-3 starter, or a potential closer...Thanks
Age doesn't really concern me as much as him playing in a new league. I think his ceiling is more of a #4-5, but if not, he could become a reliever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandgold View Post
Great work as always JP what's your take on Chad James does he get going in the right direction, seemed like he regressed this year?
His numbers suggest he has regressed, but I think he'll get back on track next year, probably in Jacksonville.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #68 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Hey JP - no love for Travis Shaw?

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #69 (permalink)

Hey J.P, how do you feel about Jon Griffin? Ranked #20 for D-Backs on your list
Old 10-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #70 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
Hey JP - no love for Travis Shaw?
I like him, but I've read he's one-dimensional. Below-avg defender, not great plate discipline. Has power going for him, though.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #71 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowmanFan View Post
Hey J.P, how do you feel about Jon Griffin? Ranked #20 for D-Backs on your list
Talked about him earlier in this thread.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #72 (permalink)

I am currently making a top 50 bullpen arms list (a la the underrated guys). There are a few power arms coming up now.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #73 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
I like him, but I've read he's one-dimensional. Below-avg defender, not great plate discipline. Has power going for him, though.
.915 ops across two levels last year with decent hr pop (19) with 44 2B, and a pretty nice BB:K ratio (80/115). Pretty terrible in limited 3B action, but stats aren't bad as a 1B.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #74 (permalink)

Question about the Red Sox prospects, In articles I have read they are calling Iglesias the SS of the future, what about Bogaerts? I would think he would be considered the SS of the future? Or is Bogaerts going to move positions?

Thanks
Old 10-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #75 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
Question about the Red Sox prospects, In articles I have read they are calling Iglesias the SS of the future, what about Bogaerts? I would think he would be considered the SS of the future? Or is Bogaerts going to move positions?

Thanks
It's been said he will likely outgrow SS and move, either to 3B or to the OF.