Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 02:01 AM   #726 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbdub808 View Post
Do you honestly think the Giants knew he was using? The Giants weren't in first when he was suspended, most teams would fold in this. Posey, Pagan and the rest of the team stepped up in a big way!

Been on a team before? I'm sure he snuck out to his car and used while no one was looking. NOT.

People know when people are using. Other personal knew on that team other then Melky. Melky used 3 years ago too, obviously. Wait he just started using this year????

Look at Lance Armstrong. The whole team used, and all denied it and passed tests. Then 10 years later BOOM.

I'd laugh if Melky came out in years and downed that entire club.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:04 AM   #727 (permalink)

So your saying your on a professional team and have witnessed with your own eyes your teammate using. Well you can tell after the amazing year he had last year that it was suspicious but I'm sure the Giants would not have sent a trade for a known doper.
zbdub808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:05 AM   #728 (permalink)

Quote:
Do you honestly think the Giants knew he was using? The Giants weren't in first when he was suspended, most teams would fold in this. Posey, Pagan and the rest of the team stepped up in a big way!
That dude is just begging for an excuse as to why they got their butts handed to them. Giants all the way baby!!!!!
bulljh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:07 AM   #729 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Quote:
So your saying your on a professional team and have witnessed with your own eyes your teammate using. Well you can tell after the amazing year he had last year that it was suspicious but I'm sure the Giants would not have sent a trade for a known doper.

Think about it.

Your his teammate? Are you going to be the Nark?
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:09 AM   #730 (permalink)

Lol yes its melky's fault and his ped use that caused verlander to get smoked in game 1 and the tigers to stink in the world series. hey i think sandoval's maybe using performance enhancing donuts and chocolate cake!
Old 10-29-2012, 02:18 AM   #731 (permalink)

Game 1 was really the back-breaker. Verlander was supposed to be invincible, and when he got rocked I think it really shook Detroit's confidence.

Respect Leyland for giving us credit, that the better team won. But word is they want him out?
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:25 AM   #732 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg2315 View Post
Game 1 was really the back-breaker. Verlander was supposed to be invincible, and when he got rocked I think it really shook Detroit's confidence.

Respect Leyland for giving us credit, that the better team won. But word is they want him out?
Totally agree. Verlander's beatdown set the tone. Fans want Leyland out but management states he's a lock if he wants to stay.
Tugarpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:31 AM   #733 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Think about it.

Your his teammate? Are you going to be the Nark?
Obviously the Giants do not take PED use lightly, do you see how they treated Barry Bonds after his contract was up. There is barely any recognition of him ever playing there.
zbdub808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:05 AM   #734 (permalink)

Heck yeah, the team from New York (or in this case formerly from New York) always wins .

Glad Pence finally got a ring.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:20 AM   #735 (permalink)

Congrats Giants amazing playoff run!!
http://s421.photobucket.com/albums/pp297/Koppper/Sports%20Card%20Collection/
Koppper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:35 AM   #736 (permalink)

MLB World Series: Does this Giants championship deserve an asterisk?
Old 10-29-2012, 09:07 AM   #737 (permalink)

Will the asterisk look like the one next to Manny and Ortiz's championships?
carlo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #738 (permalink)

Well I'm sure there's other guys taking on the Giants. It will come out years from now. Ah well, looking forward to next season.

Last edited by MMantle; 10-29-2012 at 12:34 PM.
MMantle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #739 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

What a terrible article. How was the AL supposed to win the all start game when they didn't even score a run? It's rediculous.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #740 (permalink)

Bahahahahaha RantSports has (maybe) marginally more editorial integrity than the Bleacher Report. That article is not worth anyone's time.

Congrats Giants!!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #741 (permalink)

Wow. What a boring World Series this one was. Probably one of the worst World Series in my lifetime. No wonder this World Series drew the lowest TV ratings of all time for a World Series, no one cares about the Giants and Tigers out of SF and Detroit. I'm sure MLB was hoping for a better World Series as well.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #742 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanieTheMan View Post
Wow. What a boring World Series this one was. Probably one of the worst World Series in my lifetime. No wonder this World Series drew the lowest TV ratings of all time for a World Series, no one cares about the Giants and Tigers out of SF and Detroit. I'm sure MLB was hoping for a better World Series as well.

A Cardinals fan with sour grapes
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #743 (permalink)

Didn't realize Melky did so well in the playoffs in beating Cincinnati, St. Louis and Detroit. Or that he helped the Giants go 30-15 to overtake 1st place and run away with the division after he was suspended and banned from the clubhouse
Old 10-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #744 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanieTheMan View Post
1. It was a four game sweep, therefore logistically in the OVERALL it will have a lower ratings than one that stretched further. That is not a reflection on the teams and people caring about them.

2. The last seven World Series have continuously dropped in ratings. I see you are a Cardinals fan, 2011 world series there was a huge drop in ratings too. At the time game five of the 2011 series was the lowest ratings gathering game five in history. Game two was the second lowest rated in history at the time, etc. etc.

Every single Giants game is a sell out. Giants AT&T Park and their fans devoured the Cardinals alive on their return, I think they cared quite a bit. Over 10,000 were gathered in San Fran during the game in Detroit watching it, and then they took to the streets, and then some people used the gathering to start riots...there were fires....people cared.
ArsonCuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #745 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsonCuff View Post
...there were fires....
Coming from a user name ARSONcuff I'm a little worried about this statement! LOL
JoeD617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #746 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlo16 View Post
Will the asterisk look like the one next to Manny and Ortiz's championships?
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotded View Post
What a terrible article. How was the AL supposed to win the all start game when they didn't even score a run? It's rediculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
Bahahahahaha RantSports has (maybe) marginally more editorial integrity than the Bleacher Report. That article is not worth anyone's time.

Congrats Giants!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
Didn't realize Melky did so well in the playoffs in beating Cincinnati, St. Louis and Detroit. Or that he helped the Giants go 30-15 to overtake 1st place and run away with the division after he was suspended and banned from the clubhouse
Haha you all are ridiculous! Why bring up Manny and Ortiz!? Maybe I should've included my thoughts in the OP. The reason I posted the link wasn't for the integrity or anything of the site it came from. It was too raise the question would the Giants still won the WS without Melky for any part of the season.

Yes of course the Giants won the WS without Melky, so it doesn't have anything to do with what they did in the playoffs, but the regular season. Would the Giants of made the playoffs at the seed they were if Melky wasn't a part of the team? Also would they had Home field advantage?

Anyways congrats on the Giants for winning I didn't really care who won. I only cared if it was a good series and it wasn't.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #747 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
Haha you all are ridiculous! Why bring up Manny and Ortiz!? Maybe I should've included my thoughts in the OP. The reason I posted the link wasn't for the integrity or anything of the site it came from. It was too raise the question would the Giants still won the WS without Melky for any part of the season.

Yes of course the Giants won the WS without Melky, so it doesn't have anything to do with what they did in the playoffs, but the regular season. Would the Giants of made the playoffs at the seed they were if Melky wasn't a part of the team? Also would they had Home field advantage?

Anyways congrats on the Giants for winning I didn't really care who won. I only cared if it was a good series and it wasn't.
The Giants had the worst record among NL division winners and they won the West by 8 games. Not having Melky for those first few months would not have changed a single thing in the seeding.

The American League scored zero runs in the ASG. The NL not having Melky would not have changed the outcome of that game.

Under different circumstances (a closer division race, an ASG that isn't a blowout), you can maybe pull the Melky card -- but not under these.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #748 (permalink)

Quote:

actually yes in the regular season too. They were out of the playoffs with Melky and after he was suspended the team went 30-15 down the stretch and surged past L.A. thanks to Posey batting nearly .400 in the second half

Also of course the NL would still have home field even without Melky. It was an 8-0 win for them. Unless Melky had a direct connection to all 8 runs then the American League was going to start on the road no matter what
Old 10-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #749 (permalink)

Quote:

The Giants ended up 8 games over the Dodgers. I strongly believe that the giants still would have won the division if Melky wasn't on the team at all. As for the all star game and home field advantage, that should never be brought up just for the simple fact that the AL never scored! The score was 8-0. Melky didn't help in all 8 of the runs so stop bring that crap up. Oh, and since when does the world series have to appease the whole nation?
bulljh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:52 PM   #750 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
The Giants had the worst record among NL division winners and they won the West by 8 games. Not having Melky for those first few months would not have changed a single thing in the seeding.

The American League scored zero runs in the ASG. The NL not having Melky would not have changed the outcome of that game.

Under different circumstances (a closer division race, an ASG that isn't a blowout), you can maybe pull the Melky card -- but not under these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
actually yes in the regular season too. They were out of the playoffs with Melky and after he was suspended the team went 30-15 down the stretch and surged past L.A. thanks to Posey batting nearly .400 in the second half

Also of course the NL would still have home field even without Melky. It was an 8-0 win for them. Unless Melky had a direct connection to all 8 runs then the American League was going to start on the road no matter what
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulljh View Post
The Giants ended up 8 games over the Dodgers. I strongly believe that the giants still would have won the division if Melky wasn't on the team at all. As for the all star game and home field advantage, that should never be brought up just for the simple fact that the AL never scored! The score was 8-0. Melky didn't help in all 8 of the runs so stop bring that crap up. Oh, and since when does the world series have to appease the whole nation?
Thank you everyone for actually answering the question this time SO without Melky for the first 113 Games none of you think the Giants might have been in a bigger hole then what they were when he left/was suspended?