Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Black Friday panini promotion packs for hobby shops

Are there any dealers or store owners on the boards that did this last year?

Are they worth it?

I just got a list of boxes/ cases I can buy to receive these packs

I pretty much have to spend a couple grand on past panini products to receive any kind of quantity of these black Friday packs

Is there an auto or patch every 10 packs or every 100 packs

Just seems like a scam for me to buy there past products

Lmk if any one received these packs last year

Thank you. Kyle

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Run as far away from this promotion as possible. Only 2 cards are in a pack and you can tell the thicker (relic/patch) cards without opening allowing dealers chance to keep/search. Buying direct from Panini, as I did last year, got me many boxes of overpriced cards with an I.O.U. Letter for Black Friday packs. I bought 6 boxes of Rookie and Stars and 6 boxes of Timeless Treasures and was to receive Black Friday packs with order but instead got an I.O.U. When Panini did fill/ mail out the missing packs they were all reprint makeups not from the original print run and most came damaged. This promotion is all hype and pure garbage. It allows the shady element to cash in big time on secondary market where the thinner searched packs are sold at huge premium....RUN! Panini totally screwed this promo up last year...
kevinandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

The Black Friday packs were much better then the Father's Day packs. I did the father's day promotion and it went over pretty well with some nice hits. I am not ordering a ton of stuff for my shop, but I am getting a few boxes of each just to be part of the promotion and to have something for my customers who come in looking for it.
sportsnutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

The BF packs were a hit last year, no matter what anyone says. The hits seemed to fall 1 in 8-10 packs, and were very cool and sold well. I bought a couple boxes straight from Panini to get them, and after pulling a black mirror 1/1 auto and selling it for $400 I decided to not try my luck and sell my 12 packs. Sold all 12 for $15 a piece (I wasn't the first on eBay either, I was way behind, some got $25 a piece). There was a thick pack in that lot. That was the only bad spot of the whole promotion, no decoys and the packs were sooooo easy to tell which had hits

Overall, I wish my LCS would get them, but I know he wont
Old 10-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900

As a shop I don't see why not. As long as you can move the product the packs will help tremendously as long as your customers know you are participating. Like mentioned above the unopened packs were selling for crazy amounts on ebay last year. They were easy to tell the jersey/patch hits because of thickness but they also had autos in last year that were the same size as base cards. Just make sure you are honest with your packs and your customers should be ready to jump all over them by buying that "older" product (assuming you mean earlier 2012 releases).

Tip for the packs so that you and your customers are on the up and up and everyone should feel treated fair. Number every pack 1-whatever and have customers choose by number. That way you don't have someone grab all the thick packs on purpose (no fillers last year that I recall) thus screwing over everyone else.

Anyway I thought last year it was a great promo just be fair with the packs and promote it asap that you will have them to your customers so they know to come spend money at your shop. Yeah they can order online but as someone mentioned above lots of people got screwed over on packs last year that way. Hobby shop is the way to go on this one! Good luck.
dustin9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

Just to be clear I was only upset with the way buying direct from Panini went since they put out a totally different print run than the LCS's received. They sold overpriced boxes of unpopular releases and they came with I.O.U.s. My cards came short by 8 packs and all the autos were from 2 hockey players not included with 1st release and most came damaged which was not unique to myself. Unfortunately my LCS did not participate because they were afraid of being stuck with tons of Rookie and Stars and Timeless Treasures. My outlook and opinion only applies with buying direct through Panini. I have no doubt an honest LCS would put together a very fun and worthwhile promotion. I did buy the Julio Jones quad patch Certified auto 1/1 on this site and the card is sweet!
kevinandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:53 AM   #7 (permalink)

Panini sucks flat out. I don't buy their wax period.
Tugarpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:56 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugarpj View Post
Panini sucks flat out. I don't buy their wax period.
AGREED 1000%. Panini is overpriced garbage and always will be in my eyes.
californiakron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:59 AM   #9 (permalink)

It's just basically a way for them to get you to buy their sh*tty, overpriced wax products. Some of the "bonus" packs have nice hits, but in general they arent worth it.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:04 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
It's just basically a way for them to get you to buy their sh*tty, overpriced wax products. Some of the "bonus" packs have nice hits, but in general they arent worth it.
Bee eye n gee oh
Bingo was it's name oh

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote