Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Location: Da Bronx! Home of the best baseball team ever. Yankees!!
Default Ebay Sellers

There are a lot of legite ebay sellers and buys, but what gets to me are the ones that end their auctions and state that they will ship out the cards the following week. So I took 4 days to send this guy his payment, even though I wasn't getting the card shipped the following week, I was still in time and the Ahole leaves me a neutral yet negative remark that I took my sweet time to pay.

I basically said 4 days isn't my sweet time, when you are planning to ship the items after 9 days from end of auction. That's really crap, even though ebay stated I have upto a week to make the payment. Some are just so money hungry that they want instant payments. Well he got his payment, and I won't be getting my item till mid of next week at some time.
bronxbombers09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

I didn't think sellers could leave neutrals. Did I miss something?
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Location: Da Bronx! Home of the best baseball team ever. Yankees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadWayTooMuch View Post
I didn't think sellers could leave neutrals. Did I miss something?
It was a message to me not a rating, through ebay
bronxbombers09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
XL5

Never leave it in their hands. Pay ASAP, ship ASAP.

Still, the guy shouldn't have made a big deal out of it. Best thing you can do is just ignore him and when you get your item, you get it. Leave honest feedback and be done with him.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

I understand why you're upset. See, I have to ship out the next day after is payment is received to maintain Top Rated status, so I don't appreciate when people take a week to pay. I don't think it's about being money hungry. When you buy something online you give your credit card # right away and payment comes out of your account. Not sure why it should be any different on Ebay.
illadelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Yes, I wish ebay would require credit card hooked up to your account and pay automatically when an auction ends. People take forever to pay and after they pay a week late, they ask for delivery confirmation an hour after they pay and then you have others that don't pay.. 2 items sold for $285, I had to request my fees back because they did not pay...
casebusters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

I think what the OP is saying is, he saw no reason to hurry payment when it was noted that the seller wouldn't be shipping for over a week. If that is the case, it might have been best to let the seller know rather than just pay at your own pace. Though, I don't think he did anything horrible here given the shipping terms and definitely not worthy of a scolding by a seller who takes his sweet time with shipping. Sounds like another case of lack of communication between the buyer and the seller. Neither side can read minds so somebody should take the initiative and send a message. I think the seller is kind of silly for what he did and that kind of communication could lead to him being NEG'd in the future.
webb_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

communication is ALWAYS the key! i personally never buy anything on ebay unless i can pay right when the auction ends, but sometimes it is what it is. i think 99% of these misunderstanding can be avoided by both sellers and buyers, if they just dropped a quick line to let the other party know what's up.
charnick is offline   Reply With Quote