Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Another Topps redemption thread

I tried to redeem a redemption and got an error message stating the card was inactive. I just pulled the card Wednesday and it has an expiration date of 12/31/12. I know there was a thread about some part of the site being down,but I couldn't find it. Is that still the case?
CubsFanInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

Just call topps CS.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

I just redeemed some stuff on Wednesday and it worked fine for me. One thing though, have you guys had issues with scratching off topps redemptions? I used a penny to scratch off my redemption for my chrome red yu darvish auto and it scratched some of the letters/numbers off. Was able to guess what they were but would've been upset if I couldn't. Same thing happened with my buddy when he scratched off a redemption for UFC finest and he scratched all of the numbers off too. Are coins not the way to go?
dvstringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvstringz View Post
I just redeemed some stuff on Wednesday and it worked fine for me. One thing though, have you guys had issues with scratching off topps redemptions? I used a penny to scratch off my redemption for my chrome red yu darvish auto and it scratched some of the letters/numbers off. Was able to guess what they were but would've been upset if I couldn't. Same thing happened with my buddy when he scratched off a redemption for UFC finest and he scratched all of the numbers off too. Are coins not the way to go?
The same thing happened with my Harper Chrome redemption. I scratched 2 or 3 letters almost completely off and it kept telling me it was invalid. I finally guessed Q on what I thought was an O and it went through.

Collecting Contenders QB Autos, Bryce Harper, and Kyrie Irving - PLEASE don't ship to me in a PWE.
adamt326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nick2317 Send a message via Yahoo to Nick2317

Some of the newer cards might not be in the system yet ...Topps has been closed this week from flooding so good luck calling them
Nick2317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Ryan T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick2317 View Post
Some of the newer cards might not be in the system yet ...Topps has been closed this week from flooding so good luck calling them
If the redemption expires in 2 months somehow I doubt it's a new code.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

Dvstringz, I use the tip of a finishing nail (rough surface as opposed to smooth) used in sheet-rocking. Seems odd but works like a charm. Good luck.
TEAM_OF_RIVALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvstringz View Post
have you guys had issues with scratching off topps redemptions?
I've redeemed 100+ cards in the last 12 months, never had a problem EXCEPT for the new 2012 chrome redemptions. I scratched off the code on a Bauer 1/1 auto and it took it completely off the card. The only way I was able to recover it was to lightly rub graphite on it and you could barely make out the outline of the letters. Took me a few tried but thankfully the code worked.
NonFlammable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonFlammable View Post
I've redeemed 100+ cards in the last 12 months, never had a problem EXCEPT for the new 2012 chrome redemptions. I scratched off the code on a Bauer 1/1 auto and it took it completely off the card. The only way I was able to recover it was to lightly rub graphite on it and you could barely make out the outline of the letters. Took me a few tried but thankfully the code worked.
I had a similar problem with one too. 4 of the digits I was guessing at, until my account locked for too many wrong tries. Had to get it unlocked, and on my 7th overall attempt, I finally figured it out.
Verufian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

I had the same problem with a WWE Topps 2010 Platinum Edge Autograph Relic. When I called Topps they said to send it in with a letter explaining why. Make sure you fill out the information out on the back of the redemption.
Greengoblin782 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

I I searched my entire house for coins and was having trouble finding any so I simply tried to use scissors to scratch it out(I'm stupid, I know). I massacred the code and couldn't guess it. I tried to guess the code and spent a good amount of time on it and failed miserably. I wound up sending it in to Topps and they were able to redeem the card through the mail.
So, I also had problems with codes being destroyed, but this time it was on me.
Shelden916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #12 (permalink)

Could someone help me with this graphite solution? i was scratching off redemptions the other day, and 2 of the 7 worked fine, but with the other five I had similar issues with numbers/letters being scratched off. Unfortunately was one a Bauer 1/1 auto and the other was a Bauer /10 auto. So I can't read the code AND got locked out.

I would prefer to do online redemption where possible, in order to expedite the process and also I would like to keep the redemption card in my collection...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonFlammable View Post
gradedeflator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

^Note, only have had this issue with 2012 Bowman Chrome. With other 2012 Topps products the scratch off went smoothly
gradedeflator is offline   Reply With Quote