Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 11:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay buying question..

There's a topps chrome auto that I really want, and I made 3 offers without one counter..I went up to 80% of his asking price..if he had made a counter, then at least I would have known where he was at. Anyways, I am new to buying on Ebay and didn't realize three is the max. Is my only option left buy it now? Also, is that a common practice to not counter and let the buyer know your "price?"
91Braves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Braves View Post
There's a topps chrome auto that I really want, and I made 3 offers without one counter..I went up to 80% of his asking price..if he had made a counter, then at least I would have known where he was at. Anyways, I am new to buying on Ebay and didn't realize three is the max. Is my only option left buy it now? Also, is that a common practice to not counter and let the buyer know your "price?"
My opinion is, first offer, give yourself so room. 2nd offer, go for broke. Some sellers don't bother after the 1st offer if #2 isn't a good offer.
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ya, I'm kicking myself now..he didn't know I was that serious about buying I guess..probably gonna do buy it now tonight..sucks though
Old 11-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Braves View Post
Ya, I'm kicking myself now..he didn't know I was that serious about buying I guess..probably gonna do buy it now tonight..sucks though
Let's say I have a card for $100 or BO and $100 is a bit high, but no ridiculous.

If you offer me $30, I'll just ignore you, period the end.

If you offer me a more reasonable number, even if it's too low, I'll at least counter you.

Say you offer $50. I'm thinking, way too low, but at least he's in the ballpark. So I'll counter. Maybe I'll say $80 or $90. If you aren't close in your next offer (say you offer $55), I just decline and move on. But say you come back with $70, still lower than I will accept, but close enough for me to give you one more counter, maybe $75 or $80.

Just some thoughts.
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

I offered 27 then 30 then 33 on a 45 BIN or BO...no counter? weird I think..I have 100% feedback btw

Last edited by 91Braves; 11-02-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Just curiosity were they instantly declined? The seller may have not even seen the offers if he has the listing set up to auto-decline offers under a certain amount.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #7 (permalink)

You can always contact the buyer directly and see if you can negotiate outside of Ebay. You can get a lower price because the seller doesn't have to eat the Ebay fees. I have sold and bought cards this way and it works.
ReggieBush22 is offline   Reply With Quote