Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
I would drive Ellsbury to Texas for Andrus, that would be a wet dream.

Or even for Holland
I know other players would have to be thrown in. This could be just the bases for the trade, but how about this 3 team trade:

Red Sox Receive: Justin Upton

Diamondbacks Receive: Elvis Andrus

Rangers Receive: Jacoby Ellsbury

I think a deal based around something similar to this might work. The Rangers are interested in Ellsbury. The D-Backs are interested in Andrus, and the Red Sox are interested in Upton.

Last edited by RedSoxFan28; 11-07-2012 at 10:10 PM.
RedSoxFan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:22 AM   #27 (permalink)

Can we get upton AND Andrus for ellsbury and someone else?
ntgm37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:47 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntgm37 View Post
Can we get upton AND Andrus for ellsbury and someone else?
Yes, Jackie Bradley Jr, Will Middlebrooks, Dustin Pedroia and probably Matt Barnes might do it. Maybe Xander Bogaerts
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:10 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, Jackie Bradley Jr, Will Middlebrooks, Dustin Pedroia and probably Matt Barnes might do it. Maybe Xander Bogaerts
So giving up your top 3 prospects, future 3rd baseman, and the team leader, for a career .275 hitting SS, who is still young and had a decent year last year. I just don't like that deal at all
What about the 3-team deal I suggested?

Last edited by RedSoxFan28; 11-08-2012 at 08:13 AM.
RedSoxFan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
So giving up your top 3 prospects, future 3rd baseman, and the team leader, for a career .275 hitting SS, who is still young and had a decent year last year. I just don't like that deal at all
I'd rather they just keep Ellsbury than make that trade.
mainerunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainerunr View Post
I'd rather they just keep Ellsbury than make that trade.
Ellsbury is most likely walking after this year, unless the Red Sox are going to give him a big contract, so why not try to get something in return that is young, 5-tool, and has years left on their contract?
Old 11-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
I was making a joke that the Diamondbacks are going to want a ton just for Upton, can you imagine asking for Upton and Bauer together? It would clean out a farm system, like almost totally.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
I was making a joke that the Diamondbacks are going to want a ton just for Upton, can you imagine asking for Upton and Bauer together? It would clean out a farm system, like almost totally.
That would clean out the farm system and that was why I said I wouldn't like it
Old 11-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #34 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to MLBguru8

Quote:
Ellsbury is most likely walking after this year, unless the Red Sox are going to give him a big contract, so why not try to get something in return that is young, 5-tool, and has years left on their contract?
Ells is a Boras client.. he won't be staying with the Red Sox if he has even a decent season.

My Photobucket: http://smg.photobucket.com/profile/mlbguru8 (work in progress)
MLBguru8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBguru8 View Post
Ells is a Boras client.. he won't be staying with the Red Sox if he has even a decent season.
Haha, I know he's a Boras client, that's why I said that Ellsbury is most likely walking so why not try to trade him?
Old 11-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #36 (permalink)

Reports have the Sox talking to Hiroki Kuroda who has been working on 1 year contracts for the past few seasons, that would fit the Sox signing practices just fine.

Looks like Adam LaRoche has jumped ahead of Napoli on the wish list for 1st base. Reports have him turning down the 13.3 mill qualifying offer from the Nats making him an FA.

I guess the question would be how high and how many years do the Sox offer to a 33 year old first baseman who is coming off of a decent year, and is he the best available fit for this club?

His RBI totals for the last 3 years (100+/ 2 of the last 3 years) would be a nice pop to add to the lineup, if he can continue to consistantly knock in runs.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Reports have the Sox talking to Hiroki Kuroda who has been working on 1 year contracts for the past few seasons, that would fit the Sox signing practices just fine.

Looks like Adam LaRoche has jumped ahead of Napoli on the wish list for 1st base. Reports have him turning down the 13.3 mill qualifying offer from the Nats making him an FA.

I guess the question would be how high and how many years do the Sox offer to a 33 year old first baseman who is coming off of a decent year, and is he the best available fit for this club?

His RBI totals for the last 3 years (100+/ 2 of the last 3 years) would be a nice pop to add to the lineup, if he can continue to consistantly knock in runs.

If you are asking ralpho, he is more interested in the walk/strike out ratio of a middle of the order bat than RBI. The stat is overrated apparently.
ntgm37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
I know other players would have to be thrown in. This could be just the bases for the trade, but how about this 3 team trade:

I think a deal based around something similar to this might work. The Rangers are interested in Ellsbury. The D-Backs are interested in Andrus, and the Red Sox are interested in Upton.

Just so you know the Sox have openly said (along with the Yankees) that they won't be pursuing Justin Upton
Old 11-09-2012, 07:53 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
If you are asking ralpho, he is more interested in the walk/strike out ratio of a middle of the order bat than RBI. The stat is overrated apparently.
Lol, LaRoche has been averaging 25 HR along with 89 RBI since 2004 his first full season, excluding the 2011 season when he only played 43 games.

Also an above average fielder, with a recent Gold Glove at 1st!

Last edited by TASS; 11-09-2012 at 08:01 PM.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
You mean me and a lot of people who work and focus on baseball for a living right?

Because RBI's are stupid and a product of the team, not the player. Its common sense really.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALVINXLIONSX81 View Post
Just so you know the Sox have openly said (along with the Yankees) that they won't be pursuing Justin Upton
There are reports that they are pursuing and some they aren't. We all know what management says isn't always the truth. I know it's unlikely Boston will get him, I only asked "how about this trade", it was a big if. I have a feeling Justin will stay in Arizona.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #42 (permalink)

Kuroda is going to require a 2 year deal considering why would he choose 1 year in Boston over LAD/NY/Japan?

Id be fine with LaRoche, not more than 2 years, thats silliness.

Id empty the farm on Upton

They need pitching pitching pitching, I dont even care if James Loney is your 1B next year

And I want them to trade Ellsbury, that is my #1 thing all offseason

RBI's suck
Old 11-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #43 (permalink)

The Red Sox were the most active team in the GM Meetings, that is what I wanted to hear.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #44 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
The Red Sox were the most active team in the GM Meetings, that is what I wanted to hear.
Let's hope they're doing something smart

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #45 (permalink)

Bump this up. Any thoughts on the possibility on trying to get Giancarlo? He is pissed off at the Marlins, should the Red Sox try to swoop in and make an offer now to see if they can get him?
Old 11-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:

I am almost positive Justin Upton has a no trade clause to Boston...
Old 11-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #47 (permalink)

Nick Cafardo ‏@nickcafardo

Source: Red Sox made a push for both Jose Reyes and Josh Johnson, but Jays just blew Marlins away.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwejhardyrox View Post
I am almost positive Justin Upton has a no trade clause to Boston...
Justin has the power to veto a trade to Boston, Yankees, Indians, and Cubs. But that doesn't mean that he would veto a trade to either of the teams, it just gives him the power to if he chooses.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:21 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Justin has the power to veto a trade to Boston, Yankees, Indians, and Cubs. But that doesn't mean that he would veto a trade to either of the teams, it just gives him the power to if he chooses.
I believe, correct me if Im wrong, that that is last years list, and that there are 4 new, undisclosed teams he has a no trade clause to. Which is good because the Cubs(Idk Why) and Red Sox have Both shown intrest in Upton.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:41 AM   #50 (permalink)

You all probably know but the Red Sox signed Gomes for 2 year at 5 million per year.