Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #76 (permalink)

isn't Volstad and Feldman the same pitcher?
Bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
isn't Volstad and Feldman the same pitcher?
What??????
Old 11-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #78 (permalink)

Not saying I would rather have Volstad. Just stating, how is fixing bad with bad good?
Bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #79 (permalink)

Sounds like a solid investment signing a guy with an ERA in the high 4's. 42% of balls put into play are grounders, should equate to a bunch of homers at Wrigley.
Haze28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
Not saying I would rather have Volstad. Just stating, how is fixing bad with bad good?
OHHHHH, I thought you actually thought they were the same person, now i feel dumb.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze28 View Post
Sounds like a solid investment signing a guy with an ERA in the high 4's. 42% of balls put into play are grounders, should equate to a bunch of homers at Wrigley.
Chris Volstad, that is virtually who he replacing. Lemme say that again hes replacing CHRIS VOLSTAD, seems pretty solid now doesnt it?
Old 11-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #82 (permalink)

you should work for the cubs, your idea is much better than what is really going on behind the scenes... poor cubs, looks like they are never going to get a break at this point in time... like they say, there is always next century... lol

http://www.youtube.com/JOEMLM
JOEMLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #83 (permalink)

Cubs Have Interest In Michael Bourn

By Mike Axisa [November 30 at 6:16pm CST]

The Cubs have had conversations with Scott Boras about Michael Bourn, reports ESPN Chicago's Bruce Levine. Boras is expected to seek nine figures for the speedy center fielder.

“We do have to address our outfield and we will look to do that,” said GM Jed Hoyer. “We like our prospects, but when they are as far away as some of those guys are you can’t think about those guys. You have to think about your team now ... There are a number of players we will be talking to over the next few weeks."

Bourn, 29, is the best remaining center fielder on the market now that B.J. Upton has signed with the Braves and Denard Span has been traded to the Nationals. Top Cubs prospect Brett Jackson reached the big leagues late last season, but the center fielder is expected to open next year in Triple-A after striking out 59 times in 120 at-bats.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SIGN HIM CUBS!!!! PLEASE FINALLY SIGN A PLAYER WHO IS ACTUALLLY GOOD NOT JUST "PROJECTED" TO BE GOOD!!! PLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEE!!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
Cubs Have Interest In Michael Bourn

By Mike Axisa [November 30 at 6:16pm CST]

The Cubs have had conversations with Scott Boras about Michael Bourn, reports ESPN Chicago's Bruce Levine. Boras is expected to seek nine figures for the speedy center fielder.

“We do have to address our outfield and we will look to do that,” said GM Jed Hoyer. “We like our prospects, but when they are as far away as some of those guys are you can’t think about those guys. You have to think about your team now ... There are a number of players we will be talking to over the next few weeks."

Bourn, 29, is the best remaining center fielder on the market now that B.J. Upton has signed with the Braves and Denard Span has been traded to the Nationals. Top Cubs prospect Brett Jackson reached the big leagues late last season, but the center fielder is expected to open next year in Triple-A after striking out 59 times in 120 at-bats.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SIGN HIM CUBS!!!! PLEASE FINALLY SIGN A PLAYER WHO IS ACTUALLLY GOOD NOT JUST "PROJECTED" TO BE GOOD!!! PLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEE!!!!
For $100 mill? Hell no
Old 11-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 711 Cards View Post
For $100 mill? Hell no
We have money to spend.Hell yes.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #86 (permalink)

Bourn is not the type of player you spend 100 million on. PERIOD!

And Castro haters need to calm down. He is an outstanding player at a postion that is hard to find outstanding players.

Trade Barney he is a below average 2nd baseman. Only people not for sale are Castro, Rizzo and Shark(becuase we dont know how good or bad he can be)
Old 11-30-2012, 10:59 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kchance13 View Post
Bourn is not the type of player you spend 100 million on. PERIOD!

And Castro haters need to calm down. He is an outstanding player at a postion that is hard to find outstanding players.

Trade Barney he is a below average 2nd baseman. Only people not for sale are Castro, Rizzo and Shark(becuase we dont know how good or bad he can be)
Hes never going to get 100 mil so his tag will go down. Then we can sign him for less and he can give us our first good outfielder in forever. Barneys glove is too good to trade IMO
Old 11-30-2012, 11:09 PM   #88 (permalink)

$100 million can be better spent on pitching in the coming seasons.
Cubsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #89 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

Quote:
Hes never going to get 100 mil so his tag will go down. Then we can sign him for less and he can give us our first good outfielder in forever. Barneys glove is too good to trade IMO
You just went nuts saying to sign him, now magically you don't? Just because you are proven wrong don't change your mind.

Don't waste $ on a 29 yr old speed guy. Speed doesn't last forever.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:16 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubsfan4life View Post
$100 million can be better spent on pitching in the coming seasons.
Like who? Another Volstad? They arent going to spend money on pitching they want their pitching to come from the minors. We have money, its time to spend it, Im so tired of hearing "Theres always next year" that you wouldnt believe it. We have to start getting some good players. YOu think Vitters or Jackson are going to become good? No, but theo thinks so. Its depressing.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:16 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoCubsWS View Post
You just went nuts saying to sign him, now magically you don't? Just because you are proven wrong don't change your mind.

Don't waste $ on a 29 yr old speed guy. Speed doesn't last forever.
Where did I say dont sign him? Please tell me. I must be missing it.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:25 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Where did I say dont sign him? Please tell me. I must be missing it.
Must have misread. My bad.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:27 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Must have misread. My bad.
Its no problem my man. Sorry I kinda overreacted to that man.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Its no problem my man. Sorry I kinda overreacted to that man.
It's ok I got mad too lol. No hard feelings
Old 11-30-2012, 11:30 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
It's ok I got mad too lol. No hard feelings
None at all man.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:37 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Like who? Another Volstad? They arent going to spend money on pitching they want their pitching to come from the minors. We have money, its time to spend it, Im so tired of hearing "Theres always next year" that you wouldnt believe it. We have to start getting some good players. YOu think Vitters or Jackson are going to become good? No, but theo thinks so. Its depressing.
They didn't sign Volstad, they traded for him to get rid of Zambrano. They would like pitching to come from the minors (every time does), but the system only currently has a few potential impact arms (Vizcaino, Johnson, Paniaqua), while the top of the system is loaded with position players. As a result, it would be much wiser to spend the money and get two top of the line starters when the time is right. Regardless of having the money right now, it doesn't mean you have to spend it. You don't want to overpay for free agents and have them on the decline already when you are trying to win. Theo has said nothing about Vitters and Jackson being good, and the team has already stated that they will be starting next season in the minors. They were only brought them up at the end of last season to see what they needed to improve on. They wouldn't be tendering contracts to guys like Valbuena if they thought Vitters was good.
Cubsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:40 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubsfan4life View Post
They didn't sign Volstad, they traded for him to get rid of Zambrano. They would like pitching to come from the minors (every time does), but the system only currently has a few potential impact arms (Vizcaino, Johnson, Paniaqua), while the top of the system is loaded with position players. As a result, it would be much wiser to spend the money and get two top of the line starters when the time is right. Regardless of having the money right now, it doesn't mean you have to spend it. You don't want to overpay for free agents and have them on the decline already when you are trying to win. Theo has said nothing about Vitters and Jackson being good, and the team has already stated that they will be starting next season in the minors. They were only brought them up at the end of last season to see what they needed to improve on. They wouldn't be tendering contracts to guys like Valbuena if they thought Vitters was good.
They are still in the organization because they expect them to be starters in the future.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
They are still in the organization because they expect them to be starters in the future.
Absolutely false. Every team has guys in the upper minors who they never expect to be a starter. They hope some can become platoon players, some might can just become filler for trades if the right deal arises and the player continues to improve. Theo did not bring Jackson up last year and say "prove that you're a starter or you're done". However, Theo is not banking on Jackson being the long-term answer at CF, thats why he has Soler and Almora. He isn't banking on Vitters being the only long-term answer at 3rd, thats why we have Candelario and Baez. The team has a lot of options (especially with position players), its just going to take time. He is not going to be able to build a 90+ win team for 2013 only through Free Agency, so there is no point in trying unless the right guy comes along who can contribute now and in 2015-2016 when the studs in the minors are ready.
jrod29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #99 (permalink)

are you #@#@#@#@ing kidding me you want us to sign bourn a 30 year outfielder whose going to command a $100 million For what purpose?????????
Old 12-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #100 (permalink)

Signing Bourn is a Jim Hendry type move. He's not going to have that speed forever.