Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
Theo is a great drafter and evaluator of talent.....Anthony Rizzo, Papelbon, Justin Masterson, Dustin Pedroia, Ellsbury, everyone in the system now.

I dunno how Cubs fans can say hes overrated after 1 year on the job.
I didnt say he was overrated as the Cubs GM Im saying he is overrated overall not just last year, his whole career.

This is starting to veer off track lets keep it ontrack:

Cubs fans, What do you think of the nate the great signing??

Last edited by MarshallCutler6; 12-06-2012 at 12:08 AM.
MarshallCutler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:11 AM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
I didnt say he was overrated as the Cubs GM Im saying he is overrated overall not just last year, his whole career.

This is starting to veer off track lets keep it ontrack:

Cubs fans, What do you think of the nate the great signing??
But I wanna know why hes overrated? He obviously can draft and put together a World Series team, and does well with trades.

I dont get the overrated comment, because he made mistakes with free agents? Every GM does.

We can keep it on track with the Cubs and talk about how he has done well in Latin America so far with Soler, and has only 1 draft with the Cubs.

Are you guys not happy with what hes done in the 13 months since hes been there?
IamRalpho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:44 AM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
But I wanna know why hes overrated? He obviously can draft and put together a World Series team, and does well with trades.

I dont get the overrated comment, because he made mistakes with free agents? Every GM does.

We can keep it on track with the Cubs and talk about how he has done well in Latin America so far with Soler, and has only 1 draft with the Cubs.

Are you guys not happy with what hes done in the 13 months since hes been there?
No Im not happy. He traded every player for junk junk and more junk. Single A players, I dont want them. Soler Almora and Vizcaino were nice pickups, but outside of that garbage, now please keep with the topic of the thread.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:59 AM   #129 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
No Im not happy. He traded every player for junk junk and more junk. Single A players, I dont want them. Soler Almora and Vizcaino were nice pickups, but outside of that garbage, now please keep with the topic of the thread.
Calm down buddy. Talking about Theo is perfectly on topic for a CUBS thread.
maxe0213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:20 AM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxe0213 View Post
Calm down buddy. Talking about Theo is perfectly on topic for a CUBS thread.
I wanted to keep it on the cubs Offseason. If we start an arguement the thread will go way off topic with little chance of returning to the original topic.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:50 AM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL dude your a joke and clearly dont see what theo has done for the cubs

ALWAYS BUYING RENATO NUNEZ BC AUTOS
chansen10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:50 AM   #132 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

If you say Theo is overrated you are not a Cubs fan. Tell me another GM in Cubs history better then him.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:51 AM   #133 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoCubsWS View Post
If you say Theo is overrated you are not a Cubs fan. Tell me another GM in Cubs history better then him.
This guy is just so unintelligent when it comes to the cubs and even baseball in general.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:53 AM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
Yep youre right, must not be a Cubs fan, you got me. Not like Im a season ticket holder or anything, nope I hate them. And as of right now, Every GM in Cubs history, Theo hasnt done a thing yet. I like theo, but we treat him like the savior, which I do not believe he is, and his actions so far led me to believe I am correct.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:55 AM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chansen10 View Post
This guy is just so unintelligent when it comes to the cubs and even baseball in general.
Once again! You got me!! Mr. "Trade Starlin Castro for some prospect when he is a stud in his early 20s" is telling me I dont know baseball. OK.

At some point I must draw the line. I will argue sports all day and all night and myself and the person im arguing with(be it ChicagocubsWS or IamRalpho) will normally have no hard feelings. But you have now questioned my intelligence, and that is out of line. I knowmore baseball then you, guarenteed. You have contributed nothing but stupid comments to this thread, therefore either contribute something useful, Stop posting, or post something else stupid and get placed on my ignore list, the option is completley yours.

Last edited by MarshallCutler6; 12-06-2012 at 02:02 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:01 AM   #136 (permalink)

Quote:
Yep youre right, must not be a Cubs fan, you got me. Not like Im a season ticket holder or anything, nope I hate them. And as of right now, Every GM in Cubs history, Theo hasnt done a thing yet. I like theo, but we treat him like the savior, which I do not believe he is, and his actions so far led me to believe I am correct.
Sorry you can't win by buying your players...Jim Hendry totally succeeded at it. He is MAKING PROGRESS. That is all you need to do. You can't build a system in a year.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:08 AM   #137 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry you can't win by buying your players...Jim Hendry totally succeeded at it. He is MAKING PROGRESS. That is all you need to do. You can't build a system in a year.
I understand that, I am in no way saying that theo has no chance at making the cubs good, I am saying we are treating him like the savior of the team before hes done ANYTHING. Once he does something Ill be the first to praise him, as i Did for him signing nate, but as of rightthis second December 6th 2012, theo epstein is overrated because he is being treated like a guy who has made monemental changes to the team, simply because of what he did 5 years ago, people are forgetting that the great 2011 collapse and 2012 season of horror in Boston were either under his control, or with players he signed. I like theo, Ive talked to the guy, hes a nice guy, BUT he is overrated as of right now. Again, yes these moves he will continue to make may turn out huge, but right nowhe is a guy being treated like a WS winner despite a 102 loss season. That is ALL im saying.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:10 AM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
Once again! You got me!! Mr. "Trade Starlin Castro for some prospect when he is a stud in his early 20s" is telling me I dont know baseball. OK.

At some point I must draw the line. I will argue sports all day and all night and myself and the person im arguing with(be it ChicagocubsWS or IamRalpho) will normally have no hard feelings. But you have now questioned my intelligence, and that is out of line. I knowmore baseball then you, guarenteed. You have contributed nothing but stupid comments to this thread, therefore either contribute something useful, Stop posting, or post something else stupid and get placed on my ignore list, the option is completley yours.
Because it makes SENSE. Signing Bourn for 100 million makes NO SENSE saying theo isnt a good gm makes NO SENSE. It wasnt meant to be a personal attack im sure you like the cubs and all but i have a vastly different view on the team and what they should do compared to you

Last edited by chansen10; 12-06-2012 at 02:15 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:16 AM   #139 (permalink)

Quote:
Because it makes SENSE. Signing Bourn for 100 million makes NO SENSE saying theo isnt a good gm makes NO SENSE.
How does trading a 1x Hit king 2x All star League leader in putouts assists and range for SS, 1x .300 hitter, a guy whos power numbers just keep rising, oh and hes only 22 (basically a rebuilding teams dream) for a PROSPECT(AKA never pitched in the majors) make ANY sense at all. I said we should wait for bourns price tag to go down multiple times, and I said theo was overrated, I didnt say he wasnt goood, HUGE difference. I can repsect having different views. I actually believe Im in the Minority on my standpoints, and thats ok, I realize people are going to have different opinions from me, and I also realize that what we think dosent really matter, its what theo thinks, but Im going to say my opinion and I feel we should all be allowed to argue our points and I know people will disagree with me, hell, I may be flatout wrong, But Im still going to Stand By what I believe the team should do, Im fine with an arguement about sports, from now on however lets try to keep it respectful, as long as we can do that, Im open to arguing all day and night, thanks guys.

Last edited by MarshallCutler6; 12-06-2012 at 02:26 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:28 AM   #140 (permalink)

Quote:
How does trading a 1x Hit king 2x All star League leader in putouts assists and range for SS, 1x .300 hitter, a guy whos power numbers just keep rising, oh and hes only 22 (basically a rebuilding teams dream) for a PROSPECT(AKA never pitched in the majors) make ANY sense at all. I said we should wait for bourns price tag to go down multiple times, and I said theo was overrated, I didnt say he wasnt goood, HUGE difference.
Because you need to think outside of the box. Castros value right now is as high as it will ever be. If the diamondbacks called the cubs today and said will give you upton and bauer for Castro Jackson and maples would you take the deal? And its not like we dont have anyone to replace him we have baez

Old 12-06-2012, 02:29 AM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:
How does trading a 1x Hit king 2x All star League leader in putouts assists and range for SS, 1x .300 hitter, a guy whos power numbers just keep rising, oh and hes only 22 (basically a rebuilding teams dream) for a PROSPECT(AKA never pitched in the majors) make ANY sense at all. I said we should wait for bourns price tag to go down multiple times, and I said theo was overrated, I didnt say he wasnt goood, HUGE difference. I can repsect having different views. I actually believe Im in the Minority on my standpoints, and thats ok, I realize people are going to have different opinions from me, and I also realize that what we think dosent really matter, its what theo thinks, but Im going to say my opinion and I feel we should all be allowed to argue our points and I know people will disagree with me, hell, I may be flatout wrong, But Im still going to Stand By what I believe the team should do, Im fine with an arguement about sports, from now on however lets try to keep it respectful, as long as we can do that, Im open to arguing all day and night, thanks guys.
Bauer pitched in the majors.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:33 AM   #142 (permalink)

Rule 5 Draft Tommorow(today) Who will the Cubs take with the second overall pick(if anyone?) heres a list compiled by bleachernation.com

Tim Crabbe – RHP – Reds: Baseball America said he had the best slider in the Reds farm system prior to the 2012 season, and his minor league K/9 bears that out. The walks got away from him when he went to Double A this year, but I think his slider might be good enough to keep him alive in a bullpen role for a season. Long term, he has a shot at becoming a reliable starter.

Kenny Wilson – OF – Blue Jays: Imagine Tony Campana with defense and you have an idea what Wilson might bring to the Cubs. I don’t think he is quite as fast as Campana (few are), but he should have more value in the field. He would essentially replace Campana as the fifth outfielder.

Jeremy Hazelbaker – OF – Red Sox: If you feel like gambling for the breakout star, this is your guy. He hit 19 home runs and stole 33 bases in Double A last year, on his way to a .273/.338/.479 line. In eight winter ball games he has posted an OPS of .911. There is a lot of potential here, but he likely needs to tight up his swing to really take advantage of it.

J.C. Sulbaran – RHP – Royals: Another high strike out guy, Sulbaran is coming off a rough season. In fact, I think his season was so rough, his BB/9 in particular, that is suggests some mechanical issues. If the Cubs staff think they can work with his form, he could be a gamble worth taking.

Odubel Herrera – INF – Rangers: Herrera ranked No. 27 on the Rangers pre-season Top Prospects list for Baseball America. He is described as having a short, compact swing that is the fastest in the Texas system. Intrigued? I am. He bats left handed, can handle second or short, and shows some good speed on the bases. The jump from High-A would be rough, but as a defensive replacement/pinch runner, it might work.

Josh Fields – RHP – Red Sox: I am honestly not sure why this guy was left unprotected. He’s on the old side, but he’s never pitched below Double A, and in two seasons of Triple A has posted a 10.8 K/9 to go with a 1.275 WHIP. His BB/9 is high (5.1), but the rest of his numbers are just good. If the Astros don’t grab him, the Cubs should be very tempted. Unless there is something I am missing here, he looks like he could legitimately compete for the 7th inning job right now. If the Cubs do trade their pick, this is probably the most likely guy to be taken as part of that trade.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:33 AM   #143 (permalink)

Quote:
Bauer pitched in the majors.
And how did he do again?
Old 12-06-2012, 02:33 AM   #144 (permalink)

Theo has made monumental changes to the team. He traded Cashner (who is injured again) for Rizzo, Dempster for Villenueva, signed Maholm and flipped him for Vizcaino, and signed Soler. If you look at the Cubs top prospects from 2011 and compare them now to 2012, they are radically different. Regardless of how you feel, Theo did win multiple World Series. This is not a one year rebuild and a 100 loss season was expected from any rebuild of this nature. The bottom line is, over the last year, Theo has made this team much better than it was last year.
Cubsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:37 AM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:
Because you need to think outside of the box. Castros value right now is as high as it will ever be. If the diamondbacks called the cubs today and said will give you upton and bauer for Castro Jackson and maples would you take the deal? And its not like we dont have anyone to replace him we have baez
No I wouldnt. I dont know why, I just cant imagine trading castro for anyone in the league(unless the Angels call us up with a certain OF in mind, I can dream right?) Upton has known attitude problems, and Bauer was beyond awful in his short time in the Bigs. now that being said, if they call asking for Baez Maples and Jackson we have a deal. But trading an established 3 year veteraan for a guy with worse stats and a poor attitude, and a pitching prospect that was unsuccessful in his first call up, I just cant do it, again, just my opinion.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:47 AM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
No I wouldnt. I dont know why, I just cant imagine trading castro for anyone in the league(unless the Angels call us up with a certain OF in mind, I can dream right?) Upton has known attitude problems, and Bauer was beyond awful in his short time in the Bigs. now that being said, if they call asking for Baez Maples and Jackson we have a deal. But trading an established 3 year veteraan for a guy with worse stats and a poor attitude, and a pitching prospect that was unsuccessful in his first call up, I just cant do it, again, just my opinion.
You wouldn't do Starlin for Strasburg?
Old 12-06-2012, 03:11 AM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
You wouldn't do Starlin for Strasburg?
Nope too many injury issues.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:21 AM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:
Nope too many injury issues.
You are crazy.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:28 AM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Castro alone is worth more than Bauer. You need to get an established young pitcher if you want to trade Castro. Also, Baez isn't a sure there.
Cubsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:32 AM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubsfan4life View Post
Castro alone is worth more than Bauer. You need to get an established young pitcher if you want to trade Castro. Also, Baez isn't a sure there.
Yes but the deal wouldnt just be castro for bauer there'd be more pieces to the trade.