Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StlScott View Post
I like several guys not on your list, but just that list I would say Singleton by far... You have to consider entry price. Second, I would stay far far away from Starling. Starling is very expensive and still very very raw. Yes, I know I am in the minority on Starling.
Maybe, but I'm with you. He is also so high and the chance that he never makes it is a lot higher than several guys on the list.

OP, it all depends on what your goal is. I think if you are looking to make the most money off of the cards the quickest and with the safest risk involved Matt Moore is a pretty decent price where he is at, he's already shown he has stuff in MLB and should be ready to do better real quick, that being said he doesn't get the added boost of a whirlwind mlb debut or a domination of AA or AAA to spike the cards so he will have to do it by being consistent in the daunted AL East, though mlb guys get the added boost of a playoff scenario and hopefully with Longo healthy for a year they could do that.

By no means does that mean he's going to make the most money, but he might be the safest bet to pay quickly.

Oscar Taveras seems like as sure of a thing as a lot of guys in a long time, I think if he keeps it up he will rise some, but he is also pretty pricey. I did well and sold on him, probably left some money on the table, but profit is profit.

Personally I have very large stashes of Kyle Crick (rainbow of 9.5/10 minus non-pulled super), Michael Fulmer, Luis Heredia and my guilty money-pit Sammy Solis. Solis already went under the knife and I agree with the tommy john scare, but I'm in so cheap at $10 or less base autos on all of these guys (solis way less) that I can afford to stockpile some nice stuff and hope for the best.

Price is the most important. I have made an absolute killing on Joc Pederson, Chris Sale, Felix Doubront and Matt Harvey over the past season, that profit has led to a large amount of my paypal buying budget and all of those guys were very cheap when I bought so there wasn't too much risk.

http://marketplace.beckett.com/thescoutscards_1260
thescout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StlScott View Post
I would be shocked if Myers or Taveras made the team out of spring training. Both teams want that extra control of salary for one more year.

I think they both have a chance, Myers more so. They can't keep running Frenchy out there, can they?
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeedonFleece View Post
I think they both have a chance, Myers more so. They can't keep running Frenchy out there, can they?
Myers has more of a chance for sure. I cant believe they will have Taveras as a fourth outfielder. Jay is a pretty good defensive outfielder versus Taveras who isnt. Taveras wont replace Holiday or Beltran. Craig probably moving to first. Someone gets hurt in STL, then I think it is a much stronger possibility.

The nice thing about that is those 2 can kill AAA pitching and card values can go up in anticipation of their actual debut.
StlScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #29 (permalink)

Oh Oscar Taveras for sure.
jofinn36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeedonFleece View Post
Myers had more HR's last year than the whole outfield for KC. I could see him starting AAA but just like Trout last year he will get the call shortly into the season
blackandgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #31 (permalink)

Wow, no love in this thread for Nick Castellanos. He has a chance to be a major contributor to the Detroit Tigers within the next couple of years.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote