Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: Which delivery method is best...Do Not have proof of purchase for Insurance.
Delivery Confirmation 6 9.52%
Signature Confirmation 17 26.98%
Delivery & Signature Confirmation (although both are tracked) 12 19.05%
Delivery/Signature/Insurance (which purchase can't be proven) 28 44.44%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Best Guaranteed Method of Delivery of High End Cards...

So my question is....

outside of the Ebay 14-day return policy, what do you think is the Best method to deliver the card to ensure confirmation of receipt.

Have a graded card that is sold want to ensure it is delivered and accepted by the buyer where the only way they could return is the 14-day return policy. Do Not have receipt, so insurance through postal system would not work for me since you have to show proof of purchase....

Both Signature and Delivery Confirmation give online status of items.

Better method not listed??

So, good to hear I rate military disability....too bad it's 0%....

Last edited by jlcherry2477; 11-14-2012 at 10:44 PM.
jlcherry2477 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

actually, I'm fairly sure for USPS insurance claims that you don't need to have purchased the item, rather you just need to show proof of value. And a legitimate ebay sale report has typically worked towards that end from all reports.

Ebay's Shipcover insurance I hear is fairly hassle free.

Having said that, the 'best' way to ship may not be the most cost effective. The best way is to send Express/EMS with full insurance and which automatically includes signature on delivery and more secure tracking. Not cheap but for a high end card is the only way I do it.
edhou1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

It may take a bit longer but according to all the postal personnel I speak to the safest way to send a high end card/cards is through Registered Mail. Even Beckett uses this for cards that are valued over 5k I believe. Every entrance and exit it makes a USPS employee has to sign for it so it is tracked at ALL times..
15ncounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Depends how high end you are talking. Express Mail insurance is a LOT cheaper than regular USPS insurance, so if you are talking $2k+ or something, it may be cheaper to send it by Express Mail than Priority Mail. And Express Mail has better tracking, and requires a signature (just don't sign to waive the signature requirement). Or check into sending by FedEx, for even better tracking and a required signature for anything insured for over $500.

Doing both delivery confirmation and signature confirmation is a waste of money, you need to decide why you would get either one. Delivery confirmation sometimes gives better updates throughout the journey of the package, but is worthless against a paypal claim for a high end deal (I assume high end to you is at least over $250). Signature confirmation doesn't provide any online information until after a package is delivered, but should protect you from a paypal claim as long as it shows that the package was delivered. However, it won't help you if the package is lost or damaged. And IMO it's much more likely that a package will be damaged or lost than having someone file a paypal claim for non-delivery, so I always insure high value items I ship.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

the one and only time i mailed something high-end...value of $3500+, i shipped it OVERNIGHT, INSURED, SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION. END OF STORY.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #6 (permalink)

high end... aka over 500 registered only.
EamonKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

I use fedex.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:48 AM   #8 (permalink)

I have shipped 2 high end lots of cards $450 & $550 within the last two months.

I used USPS Priority Small Flat Rate Box with Signature Confirmation and Insurance. Arrived at its destination within 3 days.
Greengoblin782 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EamonKid View Post
high end... aka over 500 registered only.
Registered mail is not accepted by paypal as a form of seller protection even though ot has to ne signed for.

If the item is over $250 you are required to use signature confirmation to be covered against non delivery. Print the label online and make sure you get an acceptance scan at the po.

Ship cover insurance is only an extra few bucks. Well worth the piece of mind to know you are covered if it happens to arrive damaged.

If it's extremely high end it's probably worth it to purchase the overnight express mail with insurance.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:46 AM   #10 (permalink)

i sold a $3500 card this year

sleeve, toploader, bubblemailer, inside an express box, go to post office and insure it for full value, adult signature required, with 2 day shipping.

i sent my card out tuesday, buyer had it on thursday and sent me a nice email thanking me for quick shipping and excellent packaging.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:10 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to lobo_hacker

-Registered mail is the most secure USPS service method of shipping items/documents that have intrinsic value. Paypal's odd disregard for the safest way to ship documents aside, it is the 'best' method of delivery all other things being equal. Most jewelers and jeweler insurance companies recommend the use of Registered Mail for jewelry and gems due to security concerns, as an anecdotal assessment of the method.

Have a good one.

lobo_hacker, who has had success with cert mail, rrr, insurance for higher-value shipments

Last edited by lobo_hacker; 11-15-2012 at 05:12 PM.
lobo_hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #12 (permalink)

Express mail for all of the above reasons and the best part? Next day by noon or your $ back.
ntgm37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #13 (permalink)

You don't need Delivery Confirmation and Signature confirmation. Signature confirmation is tracked the same. That being said, Signature Confirmation + Insurance is a must for anything over $250.

Photo Bucket: http://s1080.photobucket.com/albums/j338/SteveSweren/
SaveMeTheGum is offline   Reply With Quote