Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   BASEBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/)
-   -   Buying a case versus just buying 12 boxes..... (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/401269-buying-case-versus-just-buying-12-boxes.html)

lakesidez 11-19-2012 09:53 PM

Buying a case versus just buying 12 boxes.....

Wondering the groups thoughts......please don't consider per box cost breakdown......but either to buy a case of 2012 Bowman Draft or (12) individual boxes from random sellers (blowout, & others)?

My thoughts are this way I might not get stuck getting just a junk case, as we have all seen from 2012 Bowman Chrome. But this way I would be getting spread-out boxes from different release points?

Thoughts? Or am I over thinking this?

Haha, thanks everyone...

Zach

jlcherry2477 11-19-2012 10:01 PM

Buying loose boxes can go either way...first, if buying off eBay you could end up with dud boxes (whereas the case hits have been pulled and they're dumping the rest)...then again, buying loose boxes from reputable dealers like blowout could bring you a couple boxes with the case hit.

You'd be spending more money on individual boxes, but it's definitely a gamble...but then again, isn't this entire hobby! I have gone with loose boxes on higher end product and have done very well then when buying a case. Good Luck with whatever you decide.

lakesidez 11-19-2012 10:03 PM

Yeah I know I would be paying a little more, arg......for sure I am going to pull the trigger but not sure yet on which way. Thinking of choosing (4) sellers (blowout, big t's, etc) and buying three boxes from each to get the free shipping.

Flkrsn5 11-19-2012 10:09 PM

Good way to go about it! I've bought a box off eBay, BO (on it's way), and my local LCS (red auto)...good luck!

Swingman 11-19-2012 10:22 PM

Case is a much safer way to guarantee a hit in my opinion. 12 boxes could obviously be beneficial as well but more of a risk IMO.

lakesidez 11-20-2012 07:00 AM

Anymore thoughts on this?

Copeskey45 11-20-2012 07:04 AM

I like the idea of buying 12 loose boxes but at the same time, I've never busted a case before so I would buy the case if it was me lol.

tman109ner 11-20-2012 09:27 AM

To me, its Guaranteed Case Hit Vs Possibility of More.

If you're even a little risky, I'd pick up multiple boxes. If not, case is a better option.

rmiller1k 11-20-2012 09:47 AM

case all the way unless you are a full blown gamblers anonymous. the case evens out the odds a little instead of making it an all out gamble IMO

trixstar 11-20-2012 09:48 AM

I prefer a case vs 12 loose boxes for the same reasons already mentioned.

darealstunna 11-20-2012 09:53 AM

I go with loose boxes from reputable dealers. I take the chance and stay away from the dud cases.

Ive done it with draft and chrome and have been pleased both times.

I did it with prime football once and screwed myself.

I say take the chance.

lakesidez 11-20-2012 10:07 AM

Thanks everyone.........I am a gambling kinda guy so I think you know what I am going to do. This will be my biggest "personal" break so I am really looking forward to it.

auctionjmm 11-20-2012 11:43 AM

I would like to try this with A&G. I know statistically speaking your odds should still be about 1:12 boxes for a RIP card but imagine getting lucky and receiving 4-5 RIPS because you chose to buy from a bunch of different dealers. Of course that also means you could wind up with a dozen boxes of no autographs either, but those are the chances you take I guess.

asujbl 11-20-2012 11:46 AM

I'd buy multiple boxes if the price was the same - and I knew for a fact (such as Blowout) that the boxes weren't searched. I would never buy 12 random boxes on eBay - but if I knew where they were coming from I'd risk the 12 randoms for the same price.