Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   BASEBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/)
-   -   Beckett Grading - FURIOUS arg!!! (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/402068-beckett-grading-furious-arg.html)

lakesidez 11-21-2012 08:52 PM

Beckett Grading - FURIOUS arg!!!

1 Attachment(s)
So I received my cards back in the mail today and I can't believe this but they have (2) of the cards flipped in the wrong holders. My Joe Flacco BGS 9 Chrome Auto is in the Nick Ciuffo USA Gold Auto holder and visa-versa. I mean REALLY, this is totally insane.

Ahh vent vent vent........I feel better now.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Thanks,
Zach

Bader 11-21-2012 08:57 PM

Thats funny.....not for you though man...Never heard/seen that before...I wouldn't sweat it you can send them back and get it fixed plus get (2) Free future gradings or something more than likely if you complain well...good luck

gsxr1000mxz800 11-21-2012 08:59 PM

post some pics please

gsxr1000mxz800 11-21-2012 08:59 PM

oh and put it on ebay with 1/1

weavere 11-21-2012 09:01 PM

Are the labels switched? That happened to me a couple months ago and I sent them in with a new submission and they fixed them and graded my new cards for free.

lakesidez 11-21-2012 09:06 PM

Picture posted in my initial post above.

Afton9444 11-21-2012 09:40 PM

This has happened to me send them back to them and they will switch them for free tell them your pissed about it and they will give you discount for your next order.

Tugarpj 11-21-2012 09:46 PM

No big deal. You'll get something free out of it. Unless you were planning on selling soon, have a coke and a smile.

dthimesch 11-21-2012 09:55 PM

When they used to put a separate little tag in for the autograph grade. I once had it happen where one autograph was a 9 and one was a 10 and they had those swapped. Its just too bad that one that got the 10 tag didn't get a 9.5 on the card!

lakesidez 11-21-2012 10:03 PM

[QUOTE=Tugarpj;3679584]No big deal. You'll get something free out of it. Unless you were planning on selling soon, have a coke and a smile.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am fine about it, I mean it's a bummer, but like you said at least I should get something out of it, haha.

bmf 11-21-2012 10:27 PM

sorry to hear that

carl2001 11-21-2012 10:41 PM

This is funny. Im sorry... lol

aggies1960 11-22-2012 12:22 AM

this is really funny lol BGS Error 1/1 $$$

bear0555 11-22-2012 12:56 AM

Honestly, I expect these errors to happen every once in a while. That doesn't mean they should happen though. BGS has done this to me once and damaged a card of mine twice. Switching the flips can be fixed so it's not too bad. My photobuck front page features all the bgs screwups I've encountered (all cards except Ruth).

[url=http://s59.beta.photobucket.com/user/bear0555/library/]bear0555's Library | Photobucket[/url]

Lawman534 11-23-2012 01:53 AM

I got a card back from Beckett Vintage and it had a hair sealed up in it. Not had good luck with them.

[SIZE="1"][I]Posted from Blowoutcards.com App for Android[/I][/SIZE]

bleacherbum 11-23-2012 08:14 AM

[QUOTE=Lawman534;3685785]I got a card back from Beckett Vintage and it had a hair sealed up in it. Not had good luck with them.

[SIZE="1"][I]Posted from Blowoutcards.com App for Android[/I][/SIZE]
[/QUOTE]

Must have graded it in the bathroom.......... ha ha.

Orangejello727 11-23-2012 10:01 AM

Imagine how many auto grades they mess up

hche 11-23-2012 12:23 PM

This is funny! Sorry for the trouble that you have to sent them back.

lakesidez 12-06-2012 01:39 PM

So........here's an update and I am not very impressed. I decided to use the "email method" to try and get my issue with BGS resolved. More so to have the paper-trail and whatnot. They told me to send the cards back in to get re-cased. I would have to pay to ship them in and they would pay to ship them back. For starters do I agree with this NO, they screwed up so they should handle everything. So I argued this and they said well send in (1) card for a free grading..........well obviously I had already send the two messed up cards back to get fixed. So now BGS is saying since I did not submit the (ONE) card they were going to credit me to have graded for free with these two screwed up cards I could no longer do it.

WOW..............fantastic customer service, NOT!

I just love how they don't seem to think this error is their fault, what do they have 5 year olds grading and slabbing cards? Actually my 5 year old probably could and would do a better job.

Ahh it's fun to vent!!

Zach

gmen 12-06-2012 01:47 PM

"So I argued this and they said well send in (1) card for a free grading.........."

You should have said how about (2) cards for free gading and you got a deal lol

dthimesch 12-06-2012 01:56 PM

I would have looked at the cost of sending them back as a minor inconvenience. does it suck? sure, but at least you are getting everything taken care of the rest of the way. Now it sounds like the only thing you get is one free grading?

lakesidez 12-06-2012 02:04 PM

[QUOTE=dthimesch;3765132]I would have looked at the cost of sending them back as a minor inconvenience. does it suck? sure, but at least you are getting everything taken care of the rest of the way. Now it sounds like the only thing you get is one free grading?[/QUOTE]

No they axed the free grading offer from me since I did not send in the card to be graded for free with the cards they needed to fix. Really all in all I am just venting not pissed nor going to boycot BGS. I just think they could have handled this differently

dthimesch 12-06-2012 02:13 PM

[QUOTE=lakesidez;3765168]No they axed the free grading offer from me since I did not send in the card to be graded for free with the cards they needed to fix. Really all in all I am just venting not pissed nor going to boycot BGS. I just think they could have handled this differently[/QUOTE]

understandable for sure.

ArsonCuff 12-06-2012 02:30 PM

I have not had that happen, but did have them charge me once for grading autographs and forget to do such and then also they once sealed up a card with what appeared to be a torn off portion of some cardboard box within the case as well - I got several cards graded for free. BUT considering I've only actually sent cards in for grading three times to Beckett and have had issues almost every time ha ha the track record is not the greatest for me - I'm not an unhappy customer though I got all 10s on my free graded cards.

C&M Sports Memorabil 12-06-2012 02:42 PM

[QUOTE=ArsonCuff;3765341]I have not had that happen, but did have them charge me once for grading autographs and forget to do such and then also they once sealed up a card with what appeared to be a torn off portion of some cardboard box within the case as well - I got several cards graded for free. BUT considering I've only actually sent cards in for grading three times to Beckett and have had issues almost every time ha ha the track record is not the greatest for me - I'm not an unhappy customer though [B]I got all 10s on my free graded cards.[/B][/QUOTE]

Uh? You got Pristine 10 on each card? :confused: