Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2012 Topps Gold Sparkle question

Hey guys

I have been trying to find another person with this problem but no luck so far

Basically I have about 150 or so 2012 Topps Gold Sparkle cards and they have all warped so that they look sort of like Pringles!
I stacked all of the cards I have in my extra room and was planning to sell them on Ebay but every single one of these cards are now warped in a way that the card front seems to have to shrunk or maybe the card backs have grown. Either way it seems to have happened just to that particular insert. All of the other cards are fine.
Anyone else experience this? It seems like they are warped in a similar way to 2010 Chrome. Thanks for looking and appreciate any help.
Interested in Orioles HOFers and Adam Jones, Manny Machado, Wei Yin Chen, Markakis, Chris Davis and Dylan Bundy. Also like Oakland Raiders HOFers along with Rich Gannon. I am always looking for any Eastern Shore League (1920's to 1947) baseball memorabilia!! It's hard to find but let me know if you see anything!
zachtruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Maybe some moisture go to them. Maybe you could flatten them back out by stacking heavy books on top of them. All of the "cognac" sparkle cards I have are still straight.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

iron them flat..................
Old 11-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno

Yeah, mine have done the same thing. The chemical finish on the card causes them to "bow," much like the chrome cards. If someone wanted to buy them from you on ebay, my guess is they would understand. They're pretty common cards anyway.
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the input guys. Glad to see that others have encountered the same problem. Maybe it's because of the Mid-Atlantic weather??
Interested in Orioles HOFers and Adam Jones, Manny Machado, Wei Yin Chen, Markakis, Chris Davis and Dylan Bundy. Also like Oakland Raiders HOFers along with Rich Gannon. I am always looking for any Eastern Shore League (1920's to 1947) baseball memorabilia!! It's hard to find but let me know if you see anything!
Old 11-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachtruitt View Post
Thanks for the input guys. Glad to see that others have encountered the same problem. Maybe it's because of the Mid-Atlantic weather??
Haha- I would attribute the problem to a chemical reaction, not the weather. Topps probably used something new without waiting for long-term test results.

If you have any Orioles Topps Sterling/Museum stuff you want to trade or sell, I'm all ears. Good luck selling the sparklies! I was selling them off as team sets which worked out ok.
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

I will try the team set idea. I'll check to see what I have and let you know Ryno. Thanks again!