Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #701 (permalink)

Whatever the reason is for prices being so low, I'm loving it. I haven't picked up any autos from this product yet, but I've picked up a red refractor of a PC player for $20, and a purple ice of a PC player for $25, and am eyeing another couple purple ices. I'm gonna be able to end up doing some almost complete rainbows for not that much money. And hopefully once the cards I have going to BGS come back, I can sell a few of those and pick up some nice autos as well.

Can't wait for the cards from all of the major case breaks to hit the market if that's really going to be happening soon XD.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #702 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
You're the expert who said Bowman Draft doesn't typically drop after release. How about you show everyone some figures that demonstrate the accuracy of your statements? One of us is right and one of us is wrong so please go ahead and vindicate yourself and prove that I'm the one who doesn't know what he's talking about. Unless you're too busy busting 2012 Bowman Draft retail to do that, in which case I completely understand.

your just trolling.... in my opinion pretty much every product increases on the release date. I bought bowman draft last year, it was alot more popular than it is this year in my opinion. I can tell you that I definately did not get a price break on it one week after release like I did this year.. that's all i'm saying. I buy atleast a box or two of pretty much everything that drops, and cases of the bigger more popular stuff.

I based my statement on last year not being able to buy a box for $55 straight forward like I did this year. one week after it was released. I didn't go crazy and buy a bunch of draft last year, or a bunch of cases, I had more invested in regular bowman, same way I do this year. I know for a fact that went up quite a bit on release. I don't have the sales figures in front of me, but if I remember correctly bowman draft last year was around $65 a box brand new. maybe a slight price hike after release, then dropped until spring. it's my opinion that this years sales totals are lower. on boxes and single cards. many people have said it. and this will mean when spring comes alot of people that invested won't be able to flip as high. there will be too much on the market for the demand.. that's just my opinion? yours could be different. all I can say is I don't lose money on cards, so take it for what it's worth.

if something about a statement is incorrect, correct it and post facts, simple, not everyone is perfect or has exact numbers on hand. it's an informational debate. no need to disrespect anyone. if your right? cool, post up the facts on it and prove it. teach me something about it. i'm willing to learn.
Collecting Football: GENO SMITH / E.J. MANUEL / Giovani Bernard / Cordarrelle Patterson / Eddie Lacy / Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson Basketball: Michael Carter Williams / Bradley Beal / Blake Griffin / Paul George / Damian Lillard / WNBA: Skylar Diggins
Old 12-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #703 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
your just trolling.... in my opinion pretty much every product increases on the release date. I bought bowman draft last year, it was alot more popular than it is this year in my opinion. I can tell you that I definately did not get a price break on it one week after release like I did this year.. that's all i'm saying. I buy atleast a box or two of pretty much everything that drops, and cases of the bigger more popular stuff.

I based my statement on last year not being able to buy a box for $55 straight forward like I did this year. one week after it was released. I didn't go crazy and buy a bunch of draft last year, or a bunch of cases, I had more invested in regular bowman, same way I do this year. I know for a fact that went up quite a bit on release. I don't have the sales figures in front of me, but if I remember correctly bowman draft last year was around $65 a box brand new. maybe a slight price hike after release, then dropped until spring. it's my opinion that this years sales totals are lower. on boxes and single cards. many people have said it. and this will mean when spring comes alot of people that invested won't be able to flip as high. there will be too much on the market for the demand.. that's just my opinion? yours could be different. all I can say is I don't lose money on cards, so take it for what it's worth.

if something about a statement is incorrect, correct it and post facts, simple, not everyone is perfect or has exact numbers on hand. it's an informational debate. no need to disrespect anyone. if your right? cool, post up the facts on it and prove it. teach me something about it. i'm willing to learn.

Case pre-orders this year were $719. Day of release cases were $750. The price went up at release, now it is dropping.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #704 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotded View Post
Case pre-orders this year were $719. Day of release cases were $750. The price went up at release, now it is dropping.
that's pretty much exactly what I said.... they dropped immediately. the value window on that $750 almost didn't even exist this year.
Collecting Football: GENO SMITH / E.J. MANUEL / Giovani Bernard / Cordarrelle Patterson / Eddie Lacy / Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson Basketball: Michael Carter Williams / Bradley Beal / Blake Griffin / Paul George / Damian Lillard / WNBA: Skylar Diggins
Old 12-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #705 (permalink)

Quote:
that's pretty much exactly what I said.... they dropped immediately. the value window on that $750 almost didn't even exist this year.
But, they still went up
Old 12-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #706 (permalink)

Quote:
sure, and why would anyone pre-order if they don't go up??? and never have? what was the price last year then? show us some figures.

To get it immediately, rip it, and put it on eBay. The first cards on the market usually get the highest prices.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #707 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotded View Post
But, they still went up
never said they didn't, the other guy was the one pushing saying they never go up.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #708 (permalink)

Old 12-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #709 (permalink)

I am in no rush whatsoever, but did Boomo say when these will ship out?
Old 12-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #710 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
I am in no rush whatsoever, but did Boomo say when these will ship out?
I got a message from him that autos shipped out Monday!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #711 (permalink)

As promised, Boomo mailday (Plawecki style):

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #712 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jenkinssssss

Nice haul. were yours shipped in top loaders?

I spent $1100+ with him and not a single card was top loaded and only 3 of 30 were in penny sleeves (all $25+ autos). bush league.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #713 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkinssssss View Post

I spent $1100+ with him and not a single card was top loaded and only 3 of 30 were in penny sleeves (all $25+ autos). bush league.
ughhhhhh this is not what I wanted to hear.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #714 (permalink)

Quote:

Only Orange & Gold were in top loaders. Luckily, Ref & Base appear to have escaped any injuries. I was happy about the quick shipping, but would have rather waited a few days and have them shipped properly.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #715 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:

Ugh! That is horrendous. Why would you ship ANY auto without a sleeve/top loader?

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
Old 12-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #716 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
Ugh! That is horrendous. Why would you ship ANY auto without a sleeve/top loader?
I have no freakin clue...
Old 12-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #717 (permalink)

Looks like someone's DSR is gonna get hit hard!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #718 (permalink)

probably did it to be cheap because he was mailing out so many, however if I were going to be cheap, I would plastic wrap the cards thick and surround them with cardboard/pack them well.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #719 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruvydsb View Post
As promised, Boomo mailday (Plawecki style):

[IMG][/IMG]
Congrats, I was bidding on both of those lots. I played at Purdue and Plawecki is a Boilermaker. I was bummed, but glad to see you did well.

skrip
Old 12-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #720 (permalink)
Banned

this is my reply to jenkinnsssss,

must be the same guy who pm'ed me and called me bush league. my response

so im on a deadline, have 100's of things to ship at about 6 an hour with all the picking i have to do, you get 1st out basis basically, toploaded sleeved or not i know how i sent it and everything was safe. Now the refund is no issue at all, ive been giving them all day, but on your item i also insured it for 1000.00 which costs 11 bucks and is done thru the ebay company and it doesnt show up on the label. so it was 18 +. now if you can show me any kind of damage due to my incredible irresponsibility i will be happy to work with you, you should know this. Bush league ? thats about as wrong a thing to say to me as calling me a thief or scam artist. any reason you approached this with such hostility knowing who i am and how fair i have always been? have i missed anything?

im doing this myself. does everyone want stuff safely in 1-2 weeks or 1-2 months?

now, i assure you not one auto will be damaged in shipping. I cannot spend 3 months on this, you guys are gonna have to be more considerate. 3.00 base autos dont exactly deserve me getting behind months toploading and sleeving. I paid 1600.00 out to get people to help me sort, i cannot ask people to help ship, it will be a nightmare. you gusy wanna be pricks and ding me, that is truly bush league knowing the scope of this project and how goddamn hard i worked. just email me if there is an issue, and ill fix it cash wise, very very simple solution. plenty of money to solve any problems that arise from me trying like hell to get it all out this week and not after new years
Old 12-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #721 (permalink)

My opinion (who cares, right?) is boomo signed up for this and I am not sympathetic. You don't half-ass anywhere in the process, especially when you can see the finish line. This whole thread was full of ridiculousness and I don't think it is ready to end!

Some people are boomo fans for reasons X, Y and Z but professionalism ranks high for me and there was none here. THAT SAID, good try boomo - you don't know what is going to work until you give it a shot.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #722 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomo View Post
this is my reply to jenkinnsssss,

must be the same guy who pm'ed me and called me bush league. my response

so im on a deadline, have 100's of things to ship at about 6 an hour with all the picking i have to do, you get 1st out basis basically, toploaded sleeved or not i know how i sent it and everything was safe. Now the refund is no issue at all, ive been giving them all day, but on your item i also insured it for 1000.00 which costs 11 bucks and is done thru the ebay company and it doesnt show up on the label. so it was 18 +. now if you can show me any kind of damage due to my incredible irresponsibility i will be happy to work with you, you should know this. Bush league ? thats about as wrong a thing to say to me as calling me a thief or scam artist. any reason you approached this with such hostility knowing who i am and how fair i have always been? have i missed anything?

im doing this myself. does everyone want stuff safely in 1-2 weeks or 1-2 months?

now, i assure you not one auto will be damaged in shipping. I cannot spend 3 months on this, you guys are gonna have to be more considerate. 3.00 base autos dont exactly deserve me getting behind months toploading and sleeving. I paid 1600.00 out to get people to help me sort, i cannot ask people to help ship, it will be a nightmare. you gusy wanna be pricks and ding me, that is truly bush league knowing the scope of this project and how goddamn hard i worked. just email me if there is an issue, and ill fix it cash wise, very very simple solution. plenty of money to solve any problems that arise from me trying like hell to get it all out this week and not after new years
Boomo,

Everyone respects and understands this was a massive undertaking and a gross amount of work. Without this break many would have never had a chance to hit or own certain cards. Most are very thankful. However, In this forum Autos shipped without penny sleeve and top loader is simply unacceptable. I believe virtually all break participants would rather a few extra days in shipping time to receive autos in top loaders. I understand your frustration here as you feel people are being unreasonable. I think in this case we are simply asking for the industry norm.

Last edited by Major_League; 12-05-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #723 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
My opinion (who cares, right?) is boomo signed up for this and I am not sympathetic. You don't half-ass anywhere in the process, especially when you can see the finish line. This whole thread was full of ridiculousness and I don't think it is ready to end!

Some people are boomo fans for reasons X, Y and Z but professionalism ranks high for me and there was none here. THAT SAID, good try boomo - you don't know what is going to work until you give it a shot.
I care Ooosh, I care. And +1
Old 12-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #724 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post

I agree 100%...well put, Ooosh.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #725 (permalink)

roughly 4,000.00 profit minus 1,600.00 in help leaves 2400.00. after the refunds this whole thing may be a loss?
Closed Thread