Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #726 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
Boomo,

Everyone respects and understands this was a massive undertaking and a gross amount of work. Without this break many would have never had a chance to hit or own certain cards. Most are very thankful. However, In this forum Autos shipped without penny sleeve and top loader is simply unacceptable. I believe virtually all break participants would rather a few extra days in shipping time to receive autos in top loaders. I understand your frustration here as you feel people are being unreasonable. I think in this case we are simply asking for the industry norm.
Agreed 100%.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
Old 12-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #727 (permalink)

I think shipping autos without penny sleeves is utterly ridiculous. The SMALLEST scratch can kill the grade of a card. It's bad enough some autos come out of packs scratched just from rubbing on the card in front of it....but then to ship without a penny sleeve??? Thats begging for damage...
Old 12-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #728 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

maybe wanting return customers isn't his thing?
Old 12-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #729 (permalink)

just curious, what was the method of ship?

he assured no damage? were they boxed? I would think if they were boxed then many people are over reacting, most don't typically sleeve large lots of boxed cards, reguardless of whats in them.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:03 PM   #730 (permalink)

Do cards come in penny sleeves and top loaders inside the pack?! So why would sending in a well secured and packed box be any different? You are all the same people who expect a $3 card to be shipped singularly for free in a bubble mailer with dc knowing it cost $2 to ship.

Disclaimer : just my 2 cents, I did not buy any auctions or know who this guy is.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #731 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
My opinion (who cares, right?) is boomo signed up for this and I am not sympathetic. You don't half-ass anywhere in the process, especially when you can see the finish line. This whole thread was full of ridiculousness and I don't think it is ready to end!

Some people are boomo fans for reasons X, Y and Z but professionalism ranks high for me and there was none here. THAT SAID, good try boomo - you don't know what is going to work until you give it a shot.
Quote:
Boomo,

Everyone respects and understands this was a massive undertaking and a gross amount of work. Without this break many would have never had a chance to hit or own certain cards. Most are very thankful. However, In this forum Autos shipped without penny sleeve and top loader is simply unacceptable. I believe virtually all break participants would rather a few extra days in shipping time to receive autos in top loaders. I understand your frustration here as you feel people are being unreasonable. I think in this case we are simply asking for the industry norm.

WOW...look what we have here....what do these two have in common? Clearly the Canadian, Anti-American "Get-Along Gang" is out to get unsuspecting people....or someting like that

But in complete seriousness, I totally agree with both of them. I'd MUCH rather wait x # of days to have my cards shipped right (ie. sleeved and toploaded) then shipped a few days early. I know you had a huge undertaking but still...

If I invest my money in a break (say like Jenkinssssssssssssssssssssss above), my investment doesn't end until I have the cards in my hand; so I care almost as much about what I pulled, with how it's shipped. You better bet for $1000 (or any amount, I want my hits shipped in sleeves, at the minimum and toploaders with anything of any sort of substantial value).

Basically my point is, Boomo, I don't think you were out to do anything dishonest at all, and you took on a huge task. But you can't half-ass the end of the break, just because you want to rid yourself of the huge undertaking that you took on.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #732 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_peapod View Post
Do cards come in penny sleeves and top loaders inside the pack?! So why would sending in a well secured and packed box be any different? You are all the same people who expect a $3 card to be shipped singularly for free in a bubble mailer with dc knowing it cost $2 to ship.

Disclaimer : just my 2 cents, I did not buy any auctions or know who this guy is.

I didn't know I expected that......
Old 12-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #733 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

The fact that boomo is shipping a 50 case break already is utterly amazing (or I am just one lazy #@#@#@#@).

If your cards arrive safely, you should not ding boomo's dsr in my opinion.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #734 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_peapod View Post

I am? No, Actually you a DEAD wrong.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #735 (permalink)

I have no dog in this race, but there's three possible scenarios IMO:
1) The listings did not state they'd be shipped in toploaders and/or sleeves and the cards arrived fine.
2) The listings did not state they'd be shipped in toploaders and/or sleeves and the cards arrived damaged.
3) The listings stated they'd be shipped in toploaders and/or sleeves.

If it's option #1, then they buyers don't really have any beef. If it's either #2 or #3, they have every right to complain.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:09 PM   #736 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
just curious, what was the method of ship?

he assured no damage? were they boxed? I would think if they were boxed then many people are over reacting, most don't typically sleeve large lots of boxed cards, reguardless of whats in them.
Most don't sleeve large lots of Autograph cards? lmfao you get better by the day.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #737 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
The fact that boomo is shipping a 50 case break already is utterly amazing (or I am just one lazy #@#@#@#@).

I think he got it shipped out this quick because of the paid sorters he had.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #738 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post

Shipping Autos...only Autos.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #739 (permalink)

My cards were very secure. I have some random scratches on a couple of base/ref autos, but no idea if this came from Boomo or Topps. I will not be "dinging" Boomo.

Last edited by Bruvydsb; 12-05-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:15 PM   #740 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruvydsb View Post
My cards were very secure. I have some random scratches on a couple of base/ref autos, but no idea if this came from Boomo or Topps. I will not be "dinging" Boomo.
Could have come from carelessness when the cards were being sorted....
Old 12-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #741 (permalink)

Ouch... no dog in the fight. But I would be unhappy if anything above a base card, or any auto was NOT in a penny sleeve. Those same people that helped sort could have penny sleeved things? In fact, they could have penny sleeved them between cases just so that cards did not get damaged. If I knew my Gold or Orange Auto refractor was sitting on a pile of Joe Schmoe Auto cards for a full week? ugh....
Old 12-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #742 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
This. IMO Autos should have been sleeved/toploaded instantly when pulled. Heck I do it this way when I break and i've got 1 hand lol

Last edited by Major_League; 12-05-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:19 PM   #743 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
True, but just speculation. The majority of the autos are fine. I have pack pulled plenty of scratched chrome cards.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #744 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
This. IMO Autos should have been sleeved/toploaded instantly when pulled.
and added another 3 days. No one mentions how all 3.00 autos were stacked tightly in a large graded bag, sealed tight, packed tight. Not one card will be damaged. this site has a lot of unreasonable people. any auto worth any value was well taken care of. Now get ready for 2013 bowman 50 case break ( 25 hobby, 25 jumbo ).
Old 12-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #745 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
Ouch... no dog in the fight. But I would be unhappy if anything above a base card, or any auto was NOT in a penny sleeve. Those same people that helped sort could have penny sleeved things? In fact, they could have penny sleeved them between cases just so that cards did not get damaged. If I knew my Gold or Orange Auto refractor was sitting on a pile of Joe Schmoe Auto cards for a full week? ugh....
none of this, and unless you were here and saw what transpired, speculating kind of puts you in the front of the line for your stupid sign.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #746 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomo View Post
and added another 3 days. No one mentions how all 3.00 autos were stacked tightly in a large graded bag, sealed tight, packed tight. Not one card will be damaged. this site has a lot of unreasonable people. any auto worth any value was well taken care of. Now get ready for 2013 bowman 50 case break ( 25 hobby, 25 jumbo ).
Again, you signed up for this process, NOT us. 3 days is silly...it's part of the process.

I don't think someone wanting to get their hits sleeved is exactly "unreasonable".

Don't take out your frustration on the buyers.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #747 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruvydsb View Post
True, but just speculation. The majority of the autos are fine. I have pack pulled plenty of scratched chrome cards.
True, as have I. But it's the Hosts job to ensure the cards are protected once pulled, and especially when shipped. As a Host I don't think it's a good idea to have the whole "They aren't MY cards" thinking.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #748 (permalink)

Quote:
and added another 3 days.
It takes 3 days to topload 600 autos? Maybe 2-3 hours for one person

uStream link - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dlab85-case-breaks
Old 12-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #749 (permalink)

Quote:
Sleeving an auto in each box is 20 seconds max...
Old 12-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #750 (permalink)

Most scratches on chrome cards are from manufacturing.
Closed Thread