Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 11:33 PM   #751 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
Sleeving an auto in each box is 20 seconds max...
Agreed. Not doing it makes it look like the host doesn't care and just didn't want to deal with it. I'm pretty sure that sleeving the autos would have been easier than wrapping everything up basically air tight....
Old 12-05-2012, 11:34 PM   #752 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
Most scratches on chrome cards are from manufacturing.
And in most instances pretty well managed by companies. What is NOT managed by companies is how cards are treated during shipping, when opening, and how people store them. A card that could have graded a 9.5 overall could easily get scratched/dinged up enough by one owner or multiple owners that by the time it got graded it would be a 9.0.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:34 PM   #753 (permalink)

Quote:
Sleeving an auto in each box is 20 seconds max...
Which, at that rate, is just under three and a half HOURS...not days.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #754 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
And in most instances pretty well managed by companies. What is NOT managed by companies is how cards are treated during shipping, when opening, and how people store them. A card that could have graded a 9.5 overall could easily get scratched/dinged up enough by one owner or multiple owners that by the time it got graded it would be a 9.0.
Bingo Nailed it.

Instagram: WallStreetCards
Old 12-05-2012, 11:44 PM   #755 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jenkinssssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomo View Post
and added another 3 days. No one mentions how all 3.00 autos were stacked tightly in a large graded bag, sealed tight, packed tight. Not one card will be damaged. this site has a lot of unreasonable people. any auto worth any value was well taken care of. Now get ready for 2013 bowman 50 case break ( 25 hobby, 25 jumbo ).
Quit dancing around the issue. All of my autos were $25+ SV and 3 were $100+. None were top loaded and only the $100+ ones were penny sleeved.

Then you put all 30 autos in 1 team bag with no protection for the front and back cards. I can only imagine how well these cards were treated before they got in the team bag.

Absolute horseshit considering how much I spent. It's almost like these cards spent time in a trailer.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #756 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkinssssss View Post
Quit dancing around the issue. All of my autos were $25+ SV and 3 were $100+. None were top loaded and only the $100+ ones were penny sleeved.

Then you put all 30 autos in 1 team bag with no protection for the front and back cards. I can only imagine how well these cards were treated before they got in the team bag.

Absolute horseshit considering how much I spent. It's almost like these cards spent time in a trailer.
Wow.....that's....wow.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:50 PM   #757 (permalink)

Quote:

Hey, I grew up in a trailer!!!!

Seriously though, that's weak.

KCCO!!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:53 PM   #758 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mikey121581

were any supers pulled?
Brooke Tessmacher,WWE Elite Figures,Green Arrow
Old 12-05-2012, 11:53 PM   #759 (permalink)

Quote:

I just threw up in my mouth.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #760 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey121581 View Post
were any supers pulled?
Yes, 1.....
Old 12-06-2012, 12:37 AM   #761 (permalink)

Quote:
This. IMO Autos should have been sleeved/toploaded instantly when pulled. Heck I do it this way when I break and i've got 1 hand lol
this - and i opened 5 cases myself.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:43 AM   #762 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

prediction: people from this board will STILL continue to participate in his breaks, despite all this.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:07 AM   #763 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:

people were talking about the number of chargebacks he is going to face. Heck it sounds like he should be worried about the number of item not as described cases.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:08 AM   #764 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:

were the cards damaged?
Old 12-06-2012, 01:13 AM   #765 (permalink)

And let the chargeback begin for damaged cards. Not only did they gorilla hand most of the cards on camera but the cards not damaged by this are now damaged from poor shipping .
Old 12-06-2012, 01:24 AM   #766 (permalink)

It amazes me that so many chime in and didn't spend a nickle on this break trashing Boomo.

Congrats Sheeple.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:29 AM   #767 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

it amazes me that people have the arrogance to think that people shouldn't be allowed to comment and have an opinion on other peoples' break on a semi public forum on the internet.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:32 AM   #768 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopster3977 View Post
It amazes me that so many chime in and didn't spend a nickle on this break trashing Boomo.

Congrats Sheeple.
yes, people on a public baseball card discussion board should never discuss baseball cards publicly.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:37 AM   #769 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
it amazes me that people have the arrogance to think that people shouldn't be allowed to comment and have an opinion on other peoples' break on a semi public forum on the internet.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:48 AM   #770 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

Seems like a half assed effort all around. You get your $$ and can't topload autographs? What a joke on your part sir. I hope you get chargebacks.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:03 AM   #771 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomo View Post
this is my reply to jenkinnsssss,

must be the same guy who pm'ed me and called me bush league. my response

so im on a deadline, have 100's of things to ship at about 6 an hour with all the picking i have to do, you get 1st out basis basically, toploaded sleeved or not i know how i sent it and everything was safe. Now the refund is no issue at all, ive been giving them all day, but on your item i also insured it for 1000.00 which costs 11 bucks and is done thru the ebay company and it doesnt show up on the label. so it was 18 +. now if you can show me any kind of damage due to my incredible irresponsibility i will be happy to work with you, you should know this. Bush league ? thats about as wrong a thing to say to me as calling me a thief or scam artist. any reason you approached this with such hostility knowing who i am and how fair i have always been? have i missed anything?

im doing this myself. does everyone want stuff safely in 1-2 weeks or 1-2 months?

now, i assure you not one auto will be damaged in shipping. I cannot spend 3 months on this, you guys are gonna have to be more considerate. 3.00 base autos dont exactly deserve me getting behind months toploading and sleeving. I paid 1600.00 out to get people to help me sort, i cannot ask people to help ship, it will be a nightmare. you gusy wanna be pricks and ding me, that is truly bush league knowing the scope of this project and how goddamn hard i worked. just email me if there is an issue, and ill fix it cash wise, very very simple solution. plenty of money to solve any problems that arise from me trying like hell to get it all out this week and not after new years
What deadline? Seems self-imposed. No offense, a customer should understand your situation, but why should they settle for possible mediocre service because of a work load you took hold of? I'm pretty sure you didn't do this strictly for the enjoyment of the people participating; I'm sure even after money paid you'll come out ahead and every costs you pay (guys to help you sort, your mistakes) is a cost of business, but the latter in that could possibly have been minimized by you and perhaps made a lot more customers happy.

Anyway, wish everyone did well and got there cards safe, just don't like the semi-complaining when you're one of the highest benefactors of the project. Blowoutcards has a heavy black Friday workload; they tell their customers about it, but still takes care of every order. It's a business. But I am sympathetic to some of the unwarranted chargebacks I expect you've encountered or will encounter due to people taking advantage of the situation.

Last edited by xbignick; 12-06-2012 at 02:09 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:51 AM   #772 (permalink)

My cards arrived this afternoon and all were in penny sleeves and top-loaded. I certainly did very well with my 3 lots and I appreciate you doing this Boomo!

Also, I understand the gripes from some people about putting the autos or high end cards in top loaders. I think you should add $1 to the shipping cost and make sure to put them in top loaders right away.

Finally, about 3-4 months ago my buddy texted me and told me this guy is doing breaks online through eBay and he won a nice Luck auto or something. So I ended up partaking, as I like the thrill of it, and 3 months later I'm back into the hobby full steam. I have spent over $10K on cards through eBay and LCS since September. So Boomo has actually helped out the hobby by bringing in new blood, or old blood as it has been 15 yrs.

Here are the cards below. I love the Trahan as two very bright scouts told me he could be a Joe Mauer if he sticks at catcher, or a very good hitting first baseman like a John Olerud. Maybe I should have kept that on the DL, but he is worth grabbing.

Boomo is a genius-image.jpg
Old 12-06-2012, 03:56 AM   #773 (permalink)

Boomo,

This card I saw you feed your bird on camera was badly damaged though!

Boomo is a genius-image.jpg

JUST KIDDING! I crinkled it up myself because I have far too much time on my hands tonight.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:38 AM   #774 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoinSumWork View Post
My cards arrived this afternoon and all were in penny sleeves and top-loaded. I certainly did very well with my 3 lots and I appreciate you doing this Boomo!

Also, I understand the gripes from some people about putting the autos or high end cards in top loaders. I think you should add $1 to the shipping cost and make sure to put them in top loaders right away.

Finally, about 3-4 months ago my buddy texted me and told me this guy is doing breaks online through eBay and he won a nice Luck auto or something. So I ended up partaking, as I like the thrill of it, and 3 months later I'm back into the hobby full steam. I have spent over $10K on cards through eBay and LCS since September. So Boomo has actually helped out the hobby by bringing in new blood, or old blood as it has been 15 yrs.

Here are the cards below. I love the Trahan as two very bright scouts told me he could be a Joe Mauer if he sticks at catcher, or a very good hitting first baseman like a John Olerud. Maybe I should have kept that on the DL, but he is worth grabbing.

Attachment 114793
Out of curiosity, what did the scouts say about Steve Bean?
Old 12-06-2012, 04:43 AM   #775 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Braves View Post
Out of curiosity, what did the scouts say about Steve Bean?
I have heard some good things on Bean. He is a plus defensive catcher who has the ability to develop into a good hitter. He is very young and unknown, but even if his bat doesn't pan out his defense would get him to the show.
Closed Thread