Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #776 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
Most don't sleeve large lots of Autograph cards? lmfao you get better by the day.
no, most don't, if it's a boxed situation, I send large lots all the time with auto's in them boxed. no sleeve no case. sleeves can actually cause cards to get bent & damaged if you put them in a box, it makes them slide & bang the side, where as if you don't sleeve them and just pack them tight they stay all in a uniform line.

i'm talking large lots of 100 cards or more.........

if it's just a few cards not enough to box i'd sleeve/case and wrap them in paper.

but it's actually a disadvantage to have them sleeved in a box.
Collecting Football: GENO SMITH / E.J. MANUEL / Giovani Bernard / Cordarrelle Patterson / Eddie Lacy / Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson Basketball: Michael Carter Williams / Bradley Beal / Blake Griffin / Paul George / Damian Lillard / WNBA: Skylar Diggins

Last edited by Qwasian; 12-06-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #777 (permalink)

I think boomo has done a great job for the massive task he took on. With that being said, there is no reason not to penny sleeve ALL hits that are chrome. That includes base gold refractors and better. I broke 25+ cases and made it part of busting each box. I do think it is funny though, that when a couple of people (myself included) mentioned that he could be more efficient opening the boxes that he did not care about the extra time. But when talking about 20 seconds (or less) to sleeve a few cards he did care. Again, I think boomo did a great job as a whole, but you can not get to this point and cut corners. As a seller, I feel that is my responsibility to do everything possible in assuring the cards get to the buyer the same way they come out of the box. If that requires a few more cents for supplies and a few more seconds of packing, so be it.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #778 (permalink)

This was not some sort of competition or community task to "help" out collectors. He set out to do this to make money, he set the deadlines that everything would be out in a week himself and that could of been added value to buyers. The expenses it takes to make that stuff happens is on him and he should not complain about how difficult it has been and short cuts had to of been made to meet those self imposed deadlines.

If you were satisfied with the break and received your cards to your satisfactory great, I bet you look forward to the next one. Those that feel they get better service elsewhere that will be their choice to make.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #779 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator993 View Post
This was not some sort of competition or community task to "help" out collectors. He set out to do this to make money, he set the deadlines that everything would be out in a week himself and that could of been added value to buyers. The expenses it takes to make that stuff happens is on him and he should not complain about how difficult it has been and short cuts had to of been made to meet those self imposed deadlines.

If you were satisfied with the break and received your cards to your satisfactory great, I bet you look forward to the next one. Those that feel they get better service elsewhere that will be their choice to make.
I didn't want to chime in on this, but I have to now. Because I totally agree with this.

Why is everyone saying this is "OK!" and he "TRIED HARD".

Really?

The guy is running this thing like a business, so he should handle it like a business. He's not busting 50 cases to collect, he's doing it to make money off of it. If he couldn't handle doing so in a perfect manner, he should have hired more help, or busted LESS cases!

I don't get how some of you can be sympathetic. Nobody forced him to do this, he did it specifically with intent to make $$$. So why should anyone who purchased from him have their cards handled/treated any differently than ANY OTHER AUCTION for a card on ebay?!

This is nothing against boomo, but he obviously was overjoyed to bust 50 cases, and not so focused on how he was handling his shipping procedure.

Regardless of whether or not they arrive safely, shipping cards in team bags without any protection or sleeves is unacceptable on any level.

I just don't see any reason to sympathize or justify a guy trying to make money, with his head just focused on making money, and obviously not concerned with the entire process handled correctly. I'm sure his feedback will take some hits and his account will take some chargebacks.

Sure, I'd love to bust 50 cases and then re-sell ... but I know when I would bite off more than I can chew, so I wouldn't do that...
Old 12-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #780 (permalink)

I think people are jumping the gun, I still have yet to see someone explain how they were actually shipped and describe the bad portion of it.
Collecting Football: GENO SMITH / E.J. MANUEL / Giovani Bernard / Cordarrelle Patterson / Eddie Lacy / Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson Basketball: Michael Carter Williams / Bradley Beal / Blake Griffin / Paul George / Damian Lillard / WNBA: Skylar Diggins
Old 12-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #781 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
I think people are jumping the gun, I still have yet to see someone explain how they were actually shipped and describe the bad portion of it.
Then you can't read.

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Old 12-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #782 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Then you can't read.
yeah I can read, nobody said it they were boxed, wrapped or what the case was......

you don't have to "ALWAYS" sleeve & case cards to ship them, they aren't sleeved & cased from bowman. they are in packs and a box.

you expect higher level protecting than the company that sells them? get real.

whats next? every card is cased & graded before it's shipped out?

BGS got ya'll fooled.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #783 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I got squat in my break and he proacitvely refunded what I paid for shipping. I'll take that $5.50 gamble all day long.

Thanks for the break, Boomo.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #784 (permalink)

Raimel Tapia was born to hit baseballs

Last edited by gunshowboy; 12-06-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #785 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
I got squat in my break and he proacitvely refunded what I paid for shipping. I'll take that $5.50 gamble all day long.

Thanks for the break, Boomo.

woah really? what type of lot did you get squat on?
Old 12-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #786 (permalink)

Quote:
yeah I can read, nobody said it they were boxed, wrapped or what the case was......

you don't have to "ALWAYS" sleeve & case cards to ship them, they aren't sleeved & cased from bowman. they are in packs and a box.

BGS got ya'll fooled.
You make a good point here even though I prefer my cards at least sleeved when placed in a team bag when purchasing lots. FYI, I did not buy/win any lots from this Boomo break.

Last edited by Natitude; 12-06-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #787 (permalink)

Quote:

BGS got ya'll fooled.
Listen, we all know you're just trolling now. You're not cute....you're not funny, you're just dumb. Please just go away and let the people who know what they're talking about, converse.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #788 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Listen, we all know you're just trolling now. You're not cute....you're not funny, you're just dumb. Please just go away and let the people who know what they're talking about, converse.
lets see your trolling in your avatar, trolling in your sig, and trolling in 90% of the threads you make, I think it speaks for itself.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #789 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkinssssss View Post
Quit dancing around the issue. All of my autos were $25+ SV and 3 were $100+. None were top loaded and only the $100+ ones were penny sleeved.

Then you put all 30 autos in 1 team bag with no protection for the front and back cards. I can only imagine how well these cards were treated before they got in the team bag.

Absolute horseshit considering how much I spent. It's almost like these cards spent time in a trailer.
Wait! I thought he was breaking them in a trailer.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #790 (permalink)

Quote:

BGS got ya'll fooled.
I totally disagree with this. Two seperate issues, and yes, I do expect higher protection than shipping from the company, since at least then, the higher value cards are surrounded by other cards and wrapped tightly in a pack w/in a box for protection.

Internet tough guy Will Watson is my #1 fan!!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #791 (permalink)

Quote:

BGS got ya'll fooled.
no, no, no. if you have ever joined any group break: how did you usually receive your cards?

houdini sleeves and toploads, not every card, but the nice ones.
whan i host, i sleeve and topload all the hits. i went out of my way on two different breaks to purchase more toploaders and sleeves for the participant's cards. guess what, i did it for fun, not for profit.

so you're saying that Topps doesn't topload cards. good, that's their industry standard, they don't have to.

boomo's industry standard is simply, flat out, NOT WHAT HE DID.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #792 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE(NEXT)LEVEL View Post
I totally disagree with this. Two seperate issues, and yes, I do expect higher protection than shipping from the company, since at least then, the higher value cards are surrounded by other cards and wrapped tightly in a pack w/in a box for protection.
oh you mean the same way boomo packed his? kthanxbye..........
Old 12-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #793 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
no, no, no. if you have ever joined any group break: how did you usually receive your cards?

houdini sleeves and toploads, not every card, but the nice ones.
whan i host, i sleeve and topload all the hits. i went out of my way on two different breaks to purchase more toploaders and sleeves for the participant's cards. guess what, i did it for fun, not for profit.

so you're saying that Topps doesn't topload cards. good, that's their industry standard, they don't have to.

boomo's industry standard is simply, flat out, NOT WHAT HE DID.
he has no industry standard, his situation is not like anyone else. he's the only one doing it on that level.......

your telling me a company that ships a thousand cards overseas washes them all real pretty before they ship them out? NO.... they ship in bulk........

the dealer then shines it up pretty & gets it ready for sale.

it's all these graded card freaks that cause this bull.......

the card company doesn't give a damn what your card grades, why should boomo?

unless it's damaged YOU HAVE NO COMPLAINT.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #794 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
he has no industry standard, his situation is not like anyone else. he's the only one doing it on that level.......

your telling me a company that ships a thousand cards overseas washes them all real pretty before they ship them out? NO.... they ship in bulk........

the dealer then shines it up pretty & gets it ready for sale.

it's all these graded card freaks that cause this bull.......

the card company doesn't give a damn what your card grades, why should boomo?

unless it's damaged YOU HAVE NO COMPLAINT.
Houdini did 42 cases...
Attached Thumbnails
Boomo is a genius-1.jpg  

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Old 12-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #795 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Houdini did 42 cases...
and then who else? your comparing him to 1 person and that's an industry? what a joke.......

topps tribute encases cards from time to time, does that mean because one set has it, it's industry standard..........

let me answer that for you, NO............
Old 12-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #796 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenwhatjk View Post
woah really? what type of lot did you get squat on?
Alex Liddi Red/Purple/Silver Ice Lot
Old 12-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #797 (permalink)

I anoint Qwasian the king of can't let stuff go, I know a thread is good for at least another 5-10 pages when he gets involved in an argument.

Guy did it for profit, so service should reflect that. If you aren't happy don't buy from him again, if you want to continue that's your decision. It's just like any other business with faults.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
Old 12-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #798 (permalink)

Any chrome auto should at a minimum be placed in a sleeve ASAP. Very easy to scratch the surface. Just my opinion though.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #799 (permalink)

I think the 2013 Bowman break he is planning will reflect this. Bids will be lowered to meet expectations, plus lowered feedback ratings and unhappy campers will bring the total even lower. Should be very interesting to say the least. Win, lose, or draw, it is good for the hobby to have something like this to talk about and participate in.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #800 (permalink)

I'll just leave this here.

Closed Thread