Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #801 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium1981 View Post
I think the 2013 Bowman break he is planning will reflect this. Bids will be lowered to meet expectations, plus lowered feedback ratings and unhappy campers will bring the total even lower. Should be very interesting to say the least. Win, lose, or draw, it is good for the hobby to have something like this to talk about and participate in.
Ya, I didn't take place in the last break, but I probably will participate in the upcoming one. I think the publicity will actually make his breaks even more popular in my opinion.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #802 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
oh you mean the same way boomo packed his? kthanxbye..........
I wasn't saying that the company was packing them safely or properly, I actually was making a point that they suck at providing protection and Boomo isnt even meeting that criteria(of the company)....kthanxbye.

Internet tough guy Will Watson is my #1 fan!!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #803 (permalink)

Quote:
he has no industry standard, his situation is not like anyone else. he's the only one doing it on that level.......

your telling me a company that ships a thousand cards overseas washes them all real pretty before they ship them out? NO.... they ship in bulk........

the dealer then shines it up pretty & gets it ready for sale.

it's all these graded card freaks that cause this bull.......

the card company doesn't give a damn what your card grades, why should boomo?

unless it's damaged YOU HAVE NO COMPLAINT.
one case break, or 50 cases. doesn't matter, if it's run for profit, i think we all expect the same care taken to protect cards.

and in your analogy, the company ships in bulk and the dealer shines and sells the items.

which was boomo in this case? the company that made the cards, or the company that sells them to consumers? seems like a dumb analogy to me.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #804 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
one case break, or 50 cases. doesn't matter, if it's run for profit, i think we all expect the same care taken to protect cards.

and in your analogy, the company ships in bulk and the dealer shines and sells the items.

which was boomo in this case? the company that made the cards, or the company that sells them to consumers? seems like a dumb analogy to me.
he was the truck shipping them from A to B, no responsibility at all, other than to get them from A to B.

i'm buying on the bowman 2013 break, boomo 4 president!!!
Collecting Carlos Correa / Byron Buxton / Manny Machado / Bryce Harper / Mark Appel / Kris Bryant (lower end stuff & bgs slabs) Basketball: Blake Griffin / Derrick Rose / Paul George / Damian Lillard Football: Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson
Old 12-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #805 (permalink)

Quote:
he was the truck shipping them from A to B, no responsibility at all, other than to get them from A to B.
the truck only makes a profit on the transportation.

edit: did i mention i am IN the trucking industry. if you damage something in shipment, it is on YOU (the trucking company)... well actually, your insurance.

sorry... you're still wrong.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #806 (permalink)

Quote:

i'm buying on the bowman 2013 break, boomo 4 president!!!
If he was just the shipping company, why did he open the cards and risk damaging them more?
Old 12-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #807 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
the truck only makes a profit on the transportation.

edit: did i mention i am IN the trucking industry. if you damage something in shipment, it is on YOU (the trucking company)... well actually, your insurance.

sorry... you're still wrong.
nothing was damaged......... BOOM!!! or should I say BOOMO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Collecting Carlos Correa / Byron Buxton / Manny Machado / Bryce Harper / Mark Appel / Kris Bryant (lower end stuff & bgs slabs) Basketball: Blake Griffin / Derrick Rose / Paul George / Damian Lillard Football: Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson
Old 12-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #808 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRangersfan View Post
If he was just the shipping company, why did he open the cards and risk damaging them more?
it was a joke to the guy trolling me. but if the cards got from A to B with no damage, nobody has a complaint. PERIOD...... if the cards are damaged he offered a refund...... what more can you really ask? if you aren't happy with the cards, send em back and explain the issue.

people just talk to be talking.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #809 (permalink)

Quote:
nothing was damaged......... BOOM!!! or should I say BOOMO!!!!!!!!!!!!
we already heard one complaint about surface scratches. if the breaker shipped wrong, there is no recourse other than a chargeback. and boomo cannot prove if they were pack pulled that way or it happened in shipment.

why, because he did not sleeve and load the damn cards.

sorry... wrong again.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #810 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
I anoint Qwasian the king of can't let stuff go, I know a thread is good for at least another 5-10 pages when he gets involved in an argument.

Guy did it for profit, so service should reflect that. If you aren't happy don't buy from him again, if you want to continue that's your decision. It's just like any other business with faults.
I seriously can't tell if he's trolling or just that obtuse. I mean it's a fairly basic "argument" (if there even is one) if you've ever joined/run/watched a group break...

Edit: It's both. Incredibly obtuse AND is trolling

Last edited by WilsonValdez; 12-06-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #811 (permalink)

Quote:
it was a joke to the guy trolling me.
wow, i don't think i have never been called a troll. not since grade school anyway.

this is trolling: congrats though, you proved a valid point, don't buy sketch cards that don't look like the athletes they are supposed to depict.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #812 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
I'll just leave this here.

What a classy individual...
Old 12-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #813 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Ooosh;3765287]I'll just leave this here.

[/QUOTE

Are Canadians considered another race?
Old 12-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #814 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
What a classy individual...
Whomever responded to that feedback that way is a typical trashy idiot and deserves and couple of negatives.

+

Last edited by stellablue; 12-06-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #815 (permalink)

Wow.........
Old 12-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #816 (permalink)

PICE: a former Indian coin worth one sixty-fourth of a rupee
Old 12-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #817 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

I still can't believe people would actually argue that it's ok to ship cards with no penny sleeves to top loaders. Baffling really.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
Old 12-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #818 (permalink)

I just received my cards from Boomo. I bought the Addison Russell base/ref/blue lot and they were all in penny sleeves and toploaders in a team bag. Thanks Boomo!

Edit: I am missing one base auto though :/

Last edited by Dbott1234; 12-06-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #819 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jenkinssssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbott1234 View Post
I just received my cards from Boomo. I bought the Addison Russell base/ref/blue lot and they were all in penny sleeves and toploaders in a team bag. Thanks Boomo!
Nice hit!

Also, Qwasian is a grade A moron and I feel sad to live in the same state. Pretty much every thread I've seen him actively post him is filled with endless stupidity.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #820 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
I still can't believe people would actually argue that it's ok to ship cards with no penny sleeves to top loaders. Baffling really.
Where should the line be drawn though? I break a lot of chrome products and often sell large player and refractor lots. I rarely sleeve these lots. Large lots get boxed tightly, smaller lots get packed into a snap case, etc. I've never received a complaint so I wasn't aware there was an etiquette for shipping these.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #821 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
Where should the line be drawn though? I break a lot of chrome products and often sell large player and refractor lots. I rarely sleeve these lots. Large lots get boxed tightly, smaller lots get packed into a snap case, etc. I've never received a complaint so I wasn't aware there was an etiquette for shipping these.
Great question ... I think the line is drawn when cards that buyers are likely to want to grade are not protected. Large player/refractor lots ... usually not going to be graded. Large auto lots ... much better chance.

I realize this is subjective, but that's how I perceive it.

~~~~~~ GREG MADDUX - On-Card Autos in Braves Uniform ~~~~~~
~~~~~~ ALEX WOOD - 2013 Bowman Chrome/Draft Color (#/25 or less) ~~~~~~
~~~~~~ JORDAN SCHAFER - 2008 Bowman Chrome / 2009 Topps Chrome Autos & Color ~~~~~~
Old 12-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #822 (permalink)

Quote:
IMO autos should always be sleeved and top loaded - especially in a case where someone spends $1100 on a lot, regardless of how many they actually hit.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #823 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Great question ... I think the line is drawn when cards that buyers are likely to want to grade are not protected. Large player/refractor lots ... usually not going to be graded. Large auto lots ... much better chance.

I realize this is subjective, but that's how I perceive it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
IMO autos should always be sleeved and top loaded - especially in a case where someone spends $1100 on a lot, regardless of how many they actually hit.
Thanks guys! Makes me feel better now. Yeah I totally agree that autos and high end stuff should always be sleeved and top-loaded. It sounded though from some of these posts that some buyers would expect ANYTHING chrome to be sleeved which seemed off to me. Glad to hear this isn't general consensus.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #824 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks guys! Makes me feel better now. Yeah I totally agree that autos and high end stuff should always be sleeved and top-loaded. It sounded though from some of these posts that some buyers would expect ANYTHING chrome to be sleeved which seemed off to me. Glad to hear this isn't general consensus.
Chrome and refractors can just go in team bags. I usually put blue refractors in team bags too. Gold and higher refractors I sleeve/top load and all autos.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #825 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkinssssss View Post
Nice hit!

Also, Qwasian is a grade A moron and I feel sad to live in the same state. Pretty much every thread I've seen him actively post him is filled with endless stupidity.
if you were so worried about the auction and spending so much money why didn't you bother to ask him is my question? if it's such a deal breaker and you know it's a larger lot your purchasing, you couldn't just drop him a quick line & say, hey man could you make sure to sleeve & case everything nice i'm going to be grading.
Closed Thread