Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #876 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmasterp View Post
This has officially become the Qwasian is a genius thread. If Bob Ross did a sketch of Seau the day he died and sold it, he would have been applauded for the tribute, Qwasian does it and he's an A-Hole. Amusing how things work.

It's like the person who got fired for pretending to yell and flipping off the "Silent and respect" sign by the tomb of the unknown soilder. If Tom Green did it (is he still relavent?) or how about we use Daniel Tosh, it would have been hilaroius/genius, someone else does it, the world comes to an end.
You forgot to mention the part that said, Bob Ross would have sold it and donated the money to an associated charity.

Classless move by the OP - period.

Incoming -
Outgoing -
Old 12-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #877 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
This has officially become the Qwasian is a genius thread. If Bob Ross did a sketch of Seau the day he died and sold it, he would have been applauded for the tribute, Qwasian does it and he's an A-Hole. Amusing how things work.

It's like the person who got fired for pretending to yell and flipping off the "Silent and respect" sign by the tomb of the unknown soilder. If Tom Green did it (is he still relavent?) or how about we use Daniel Tosh, it would have been hilaroius/genius, someone else does it, the world comes to an end.
You are correct, especially since Bob Ross died years ago!!

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Old 12-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #878 (permalink)

Quote:

I don't think Bob Ross ever needed to make $15 that badly.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #879 (permalink)

I didn't read all of these pages so sorry if this has come up before.
But how many lots did not get paid for prior to the break? Have there been chargebacks?
I think I saw profits after fees and taxes mentioned $4k to $10k which would be nice and less work than normal big breaks since not listing and shipping all individual cards or sorting sets. Personally I try for a 25-50% (sometimes higher) on breaks so this might fall in that range with less work. Of course don't think it would ever fly on a base Topps or heritage etc. just bowman or maybe high end.
I tried a 30 and 60 case group break before and it didn't get filled. eBay would work just so many risks. But interesting.
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbre...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
Old 12-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #880 (permalink)

Quote:

No, it wouldnt of been funny, there is a line you dont cross, thats why even those guys havent done it.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #881 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentandbecca View Post
I didn't read all of these pages so sorry if this has come up before.
But how many lots did not get paid for prior to the break? Have there been chargebacks?
I didn't read your entire post, so sorry if you mentioned this.

Kidding ... there have been rumors of both (unpaid lots and chargebacks), but I haven't seen anything. Would be interested, particularly re: chargebacks, just to evaluate the risk.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #882 (permalink)

I don't think I would enjoy this as much but less work. I would think many folks would not pay until break took place even just since there was not much time between auctions end and the break. But could be wrong. I know over 40% of my buyers take 4-8 days to pay and some longer

Anyhow. First time over at BO in awhile so just reading some of it. Some stuff is funny. Like those saying 50 cases is a lot of ups to deliver. Lol.
Like ups or fed ex does not deliver 100s of cases to distributors. Shoot there are many folks that break 50-100 cases every month. Also companies get large shipments too.
Anyhow threads like this are often all too much filled with speculation and lots of guesses.
Looks like the thread also went away from original topic. SHOCKER lol. Oh well. Hope all those involved had a good time and did well as they could. Sounds fun.

Last edited by brentandbecca; 12-07-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #883 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbott1234 View Post
I just received my cards from Boomo. I bought the Addison Russell base/ref/blue lot and they were all in penny sleeves and toploaders in a team bag. Thanks Boomo!

Edit: I am missing one base auto though :/
his one base was turned into a refractor for simply contacting me.
still amazed at how jenkinsss chose to come here instead of simply
asking. i simple check of my feedback would show i know how to ship for
years on a normal scale. On this project getting stuff out fast and making people happy ( haha on that i guess ) was my # 1 priority and i know for a one million % certainty
that the way i packed the 1st few lots would produce no damage unless PO caused it and i insured. jenkinss original whine still has me perplexed. 155 of 220 lots mailed, all done by monday morning. Figured if i said hello, i could get this thread to 50 pages.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #884 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomo View Post
his one base was turned into a refractor for simply contacting me.
still amazed at how jenkinsss chose to come here instead of simply
asking. i simple check of my feedback would show i know how to ship for
years on a normal scale. On this project getting stuff out fast and making people happy ( haha on that i guess ) was my # 1 priority and i know for a one million % certainty
that the way i packed the 1st few lots would produce no damage unless PO caused it and i insured. jenkinss original whine still has me perplexed. 155 of 220 lots mailed, all done by monday morning. Figured if i said hello, i could get this thread to 50 pages.
Can you explain how that happened, please?
Old 12-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #885 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
Can you explain how that happened, please?
hmmm, derr, uhhh, he stated he didnt get one of his base autos so i sent him a refractor auto.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #886 (permalink)

I see some complained that boomo may have moved too slow? No way! Ever try breaking and sorting cases in qty? I can understand it being very boring watching it all and one reason I have turned down recording my breaks. Plus cumbersome to sit in front of camera all time and time consuming showing cards. So much else in life must go on. If he did this live in 4 days and sorted that is not easy but tiring.

I am not a group breaker but have thought about it due to being less work but also felt I would not take in as much money doing so. This method for this product worked. But not every product will. There will be many copycats so wonder how long it will last this way and will collectors adjust their bidding assuming eBay continues to allow these type of auctions. I like the idea and think it could be good for many involved. Congrats to Boomo for having the guts to try it this way and at no reserve auctions. Group breakers deserve some profits for the time, efforts, and upfront money they put in so glad it worked out.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #887 (permalink)

Quote:
I see some complained that boomo may have moved too slow? No way! Ever try breaking and sorting cases in qty? I can understand it being very boring watching it all and one reason I have turned down recording my breaks. Plus cumbersome to sit in front of camera all time and time consuming showing cards. So much else in life must go on. If he did this live in 4 days and sorted that is not easy but tiring.

I am not a group breaker but have thought about it due to being less work but also felt I would not take in as much money doing so. This method for this product worked. But not every product will. There will be many copycats so wonder how long it will last this way and will collectors adjust their bidding assuming eBay continues to allow these type of auctions. I like the idea and think it could be good for many involved. Congrats to Boomo for having the guts to try it this way and at no reserve auctions. Group breakers deserve some profits for the time, efforts, and upfront money they put in so glad it worked out.
I think u need to re-read...
Old 12-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #888 (permalink)

Quote:

Most (like me) that have an issue with how the break was completed was.... (drum role)... PROFESSIONALISM.

Some people have it (you, houdini, a number of great breakers on this site). Some people don't (boomo).

Edit: as Major_League implied, I think you missed why there was such an uproar.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #889 (permalink)

Quote:
hmmm, derr, uhhh, he stated he didnt get one of his base autos so i sent him a refractor auto.
Way to be mature man. Just adding to your already tarnished reputation here.

PC: Jemile Weeks
Old 12-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #890 (permalink)

Quote:
While your posts continue to exude class...just wanted clarification that you had an extra from another break or purchase rather than holding back. Just a bit of confusion...Jeez.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #891 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
Qwasian is also a talented *cough cough* rapper with his own mixtape:

Qwasian - The 999 Thousand Mixtape Hosted by Mercury // Free Mixtape @ DatPiff.com

As someone who actually likes hip-hop (because I know there are a lot of people who will say it's all crap) I'm 5 tracks into this mixtape and it doesn't seem bad. I'm not paying attention to the lyrics but the beats and flows are good IMO. I've wrote/recorded about 15 tracks myself and it's better than what I have. And I'm about 3 years behind on polishing them up to actually get a full mixtape out. Only thing I'll say is the transitions are harsh.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #892 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
While your posts continue to exude class...just wanted clarification that you had an extra from another break or purchase rather than holding back. Just a bit of confusion...Jeez.
wondered how long it would be before this was asked, lol.
yeah i stole one from the original buyer and then sent it back to him.
grift master

also to ooshh, cough cough, how is it i dont have professionalism?
i make more money doing breaks than anyone, so i guess not being
a professional is the way to go.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #893 (permalink)

Quote:
grift master
Hey, that's why I asked, haha...
Old 12-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #894 (permalink)

Quote:
SMH

When it all burns up, all that will remain is your character.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #895 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
I think u need to re-read...
Perhaps. Like I said only read a small amount. Very small. Like 3 pages. Sorry. Typically big thread coming in late. So I only caught a few things like speed or handling of cards and a dozen ways of calculating monies made or not made.
Was looking for a summary but don't really need it.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #896 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Boomo, this is advice I mean in all earnestness:

Stop posting. Just step away from the keyboard and take some time off. You are not helping anything with these posts.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:07 PM   #897 (permalink)

Quote:
I would avoid saying that is it may hurt future sales or put a target on your back. Much experience. You may even want to stop reading and posting on this thread as nothing good can come from it.
Glad you did so well breaking though. It that it worked. It is tough to do well breaking cases but there are a few who do well but it is tons of work and no guarantee and most lose big $ fast but that's the way it is in this hobby/industry.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #898 (permalink)

I contacted Boomo and let him know a base Addison Russell auto was missing and he didn't even think twice and said he put a refractor auto that he pulled from one of his jumbo's is on the way.

Boomo has been very clear that if you are unhappy with anything he is willing to work with you. I think the bashing is pretty unnecessary.

Thanks again Boomo.

Instagram: WallStreetCards
Old 12-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #899 (permalink)

Quote:
grift master

profits are only getting slimmer with each post (and the copycats will also eat into it)

Incoming -
Outgoing -
Old 12-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #900 (permalink)

If you build it....they will come.

My buyers point of view is I will buy from the biggest break, at the best price.

The breaker just need be trustworthy.

Professionalism and class is nice, but it is not a must.

When talking about a very competitive industry such as card busting there will always be a big dog with a target on his back. Just too much money involved.

I appreciate all breakers for what they do. Keep up the great work and compassion guys!
Closed Thread