Blowout Cards Forums
Start Your Reign of Domination Now with GetTheMachine.com!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #951 (permalink)
Banned

Its a winning proposition,
U get to bust wax and make some dough!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #952 (permalink)

Default How many chromes you get???

hey I was just curiouis as to about how many chromes people got in your chrome lots. i was figuring about 150-170 per player. maybe thats including refractors and autos etc or im not sure. i had 87 chromes, 29 refs, 2 blue ref's, 1 gold.... Brinson. just wondering about how many others had in your chrome lots. also let me know if your interested in any of it ha.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #953 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcpgrad View Post
hey I was just curiouis as to about how many chromes people got in your chrome lots. i was figuring about 150-170 per player. maybe thats including refractors and autos etc or im not sure. i had 87 chromes, 29 refs, 2 blue ref's, 1 gold.... Brinson. just wondering about how many others had in your chrome lots. also let me know if your interested in any of it ha.
50 cases should yield ~130 chrome per player on average (both prospect and rookie).

Some lots will be high, some low.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:04 PM   #954 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
50 cases should yield ~130 chrome per player on average (both prospect and rookie).

Some lots will be high, some low.
Appreciate it! in that case i got 128 DJ davis (95 chromes, 29 ref's, 3 blue refs, 1 gold and the 119 Lewis brinson. happy to have gotten a gold ref of each although as mentioned NONE of the blue or gold ref's were sleeved. but they fit in the box nice and didnt seem to have any damage at all.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #955 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcpgrad View Post
but they fit in the box nice and didnt seem to have any damage at all.
IMPOSSIBLE....

signed,

the chrome detectives
Old 12-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #956 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
IMPOSSIBLE....

signed,

the chrome detectives
I know, right? Only a moron would raise a huge stink about possible issues with a group break they weren't a part of, especially when those who were a part of it don't have issues with how the group break was handled.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #957 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
I know, right? Only a moron would raise a huge stink about possible issues with a group break they weren't a part of, especially when those who were a part of it don't have issues with how the group break was handled.

He doesn't care about the issue. He just saw a large thread and thought he could garner some attention from it.

Once he saw what jenkinsssss said, he took the opposite opinion.

Unfortunately, it hurts boomo more when people of low character defend him. It has the opposite affect.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #958 (permalink)

Some of the high character people on here have also shown the opposite effect.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #959 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
He shoots, he scores!
Old 12-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #960 (permalink)
Banned

Not trying to sound like a noob when not reading 39 pages...Has boomo busted the cases yet? Thanks for noob support!
Old 12-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #961 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
He shoots, he scores!
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<GREAT pic, JACK!!! I love the SLICK avatar!
Old 12-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #962 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsvikings31 View Post
Not trying to sound like a noob when not reading 39 pages...Has boomo busted the cases yet? Thanks for noob support!
He sure has
Old 12-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #963 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post

He doesn't care about the issue. He just saw a large thread and thought he could garner some attention from it.

Once he saw what jenkinsssss said, he took the opposite opinion.

Unfortunately, it hurts boomo more when people of low character defend him. It has the opposite affect.
Don't know him or anything about him why would I just blindly take the opposite side of him. The only thing I asked him was were his cards damaged. He never answered so that pretty much answered my question.

Nice attempt at an attack on my character again... Keep fighting the good fight buddy..
Old 12-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #964 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
Don't know him or anything about him why would I just blindly take the opposite side of him. The only thing I asked him was were his cards damaged. He never answered so that pretty much answered my question.

Nice attempt at an attack on my character again... Keep fighting the good fight buddy..
I was just re-reading the other break thread you had commented on... you took a different position in that one though.

I do agree with you that as long as the cards arrive safely, it is a non-issue.

I also agree with the opinion that the autos and gold+ ref should be sleeved and top loaded just to be safe. That way there isn't anyone wondering if any scratches are from the pack or the shipping.

Your character is what it is. My posts cannot have any affect on it.

BTW, where is that 2012 BDPP player break you promised with a "true" random? Got all those slips of paper cut up for your hat yet?
Old 12-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #965 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
BTW, where is that 2012 BDPP player break you promised with a "true" random? Got all those slips of paper cut up for your hat yet?
You can send him the super randomizer that AJ sent you... just to help him get started.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #966 (permalink)

i think it should be noted that these cards were in PRIORITY FLAT RATE boxes, until i received mine i didn't understand this, that is important since it was wrapped tight and covered in peanuts, mine all actually arrived fine

i was very nervous at first when i saw seth's post

http://marketplace.beckett.com/thescoutscards_1260
Old 12-09-2012, 12:08 PM   #967 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnm021 View Post
I love reading through this and seeing everyone supporting boomo seems to have less than 10 itrader (besides houdini of course). Hope everyones cards arrive safely and this all blows over soon enough
Just b/c I have an itrader rating of less than 10, doesn't mean I'm not involved in the business.

I sell cards for a living and have a high rating on another board. It has nothing to do with boomo, as you are conspiring..
Old 12-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #968 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancemountain View Post
Jeez markakis8 unlock your jaw off of boomo's balls will ya? it's unbecoming.

No way anyone can defend not sending auto hit's in loaders. Damage or not it's trash service
Lance, shove it. Seriously. You can think it's trash service all you want. But talking about filing chargebacks or leaving negative feedback when you got what you paid for in the condition you expected it in? That's scumbaggery.

I got my lots from boomo today. I had a base gold refractor in a toploader and everything else packed neatly in a box.

Would I be irritated if I had high dollar autos no in toplaoders? Sure. But if they weren't damaged, what can I do? Base autos? No. You didn't pay for the toploaders for every card. You paid for the cards in the condition they came out of the packs. And if I spend the time to break 50 cases, sort 50 cases, and ship 50 cases, I'm going to find a way to be efficient while still delivering my customers what they paid for.

All I'm saying is, you have every right to be irritated about not getting cards shipped a certain way. But you got what you paid for. If the cards are damaged, take the appropriate measures. If they are not, leave positive feedback and don't buy from him anymore b/c you hate the way he ships! It's so simple.

It has nothing to do with boomo. It has everything to do with unreasonable expectations.

And I haven't read the last page of this thread yet, but I STILL have yet to see anyone claim damage to their cards (in this thread).
Old 12-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #969 (permalink)

Let me be clear on one more thing. It's not unreasonable for you guys to expect the high dollar hits in toploaders. If there were gold and orange ref autos not shipped in toploaders, than that's a shame.

I'm more talking to the people that got 15 base autos of a guy that sells for $3. To be efficient, you put them secure in a team bag and tape two card savers around the team bag. Each auto doesn't need a toploader, especially if you are shipping 50 cases.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #970 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markakis8 View Post
Let me be clear on one more thing. It's not unreasonable for you guys to expect the high dollar hits in toploaders. If there were gold and orange ref autos not shipped in toploaders, than that's a shame.

I'm more talking to the people that got 15 base autos of a guy that sells for $3. To be efficient, you put them secure in a team bag and tape two card savers around the team bag. Each auto doesn't need a toploader, especially if you are shipping 50 cases.
The only thing I disagree with you about is the part "especially if you are shipping 50 cases". That's his choice as a seller, the service should be the same as 1 case.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #971 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator993 View Post
The only thing I disagree with you about is the part "especially if you are shipping 50 cases". That's his choice as a seller, the service should be the same as 1 case.
And that's okay that you disagree with me. No harm, no foul there.

It's okay if you disagree with how boomo shipped the cards too. Just don't use his services if you are that unhappy about it. But, in the end, people are getting what they paid for so any negative action would be unwarranted.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #972 (permalink)

Well I didn't join this break since I didn't know the breaker and decided to observe before making up my mind for the next break. He did not impress me to join, which may not bother him. That's not to say I would never join his breaks this was his first one this size, if he gets in a good groove I may join down the road.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #973 (permalink)

I'm sure he'll learn from any mistakes he believes he made for the next one. I was in for two slots and made out pretty well, but it was low end stuff. I'll be in for 2013 Bowman!
Old 12-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #974 (permalink)
Banned

everything but some papers will be shipped by tomorrow. All high end, chromes, inserts, #ed cards will be gone. There are a few players with papers still as they were still being sorted when i started shipping. Other than the OP, who seems to have vanished, i have not had one legitimate complaint. my guess is if i do someone will just leave a neg without contacting me 1st, which would only prove some people just enjoy doing that. Im also doing an interview for a podcast tomorrow, hopefully i can be good
Old 12-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #975 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomo View Post
everything but some papers will be shipped by tomorrow. All high end, chromes, inserts, #ed cards will be gone. There are a few players with papers still as they were still being sorted when i started shipping. Other than the OP, who seems to have vanished, i have not had one legitimate complaint. my guess is if i do someone will just leave a neg without contacting me 1st, which would only prove some people just enjoy doing that. Im also doing an interview for a podcast tomorrow, hopefully i can be good
I have a serious question. I do not believe I have commented in this thread but have read a little bit it.

My question. Have you learned anything from this adventure and will you do anything differently in upcoming breaks?
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Closed Thread