Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 11:57 PM   #976 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino5084 View Post
I have a serious question. I do not believe I have commented in this thread but have read a little bit it.

My question. Have you learned anything from this adventure and will you do anything differently in upcoming breaks?
+1, would be curious to hear on this as well.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #977 (permalink)
Banned

I really liked it, and minus one certain forum with nothing but negative people, it was a 100% positive experience, so much that i will be doing it again with 13 bowman. It was tiring and i felt some fun new pains in my upper back and neck, but nothing hot showers didn't cure.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #978 (permalink)

I had 2 auto lots and one chrome lot. While I would have preferred all autos sleeved & toploaded there was no real damage that I would put on Boomo. Still waiting for chrome lot, but Boomo responed to my message quickly and I'm sure they will arrive in fine shape. All that being said, I enjoyed the break and will be bidding on his 2013 Bowman break. Thx Boomo.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #979 (permalink)

whats the link to his ebay ? curious to see how many negs he gets if any.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #980 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomo View Post
I really liked it, and minus one certain forum with nothing but negative people, it was a 100% positive experience, so much that i will be doing it again with 13 bowman. It was tiring and i felt some fun new pains in my upper back and neck, but nothing hot showers didn't cure.
Whoa, where is this forum? Please let me know...I would love to join a forum with like-minded peers!
Old 12-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #981 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Whoa, where is this forum? Please let me know...I would love to join a forum with like-minded peers!
Must be FCB. They had some bickering and complaints:

Quote:
Nothing against Matt but common sense would say at minimum penny sleeve the cards. I agree the autographs should be top loaded as well. No matter how much XXXX you have to ship there its no excuse not protect the goods better.
Quote:
No excuse for this stuff, Matt has done this before.
Quote:
I'm not looking to get involved in this, but I'm just curious about something here and have a question for our beloved Jenkinsssss: Did Ba-Da-Bing, Ba-Da-Boomo ship you $1100 worth of cards/autos in merely a team bag and bubble mailer, with only 3 in penny sleeves, and no other protection at all? If so, that is pathetic.

I wouldn't pay $1100+ for any cards shipped in that manner and would either return them all for full refund or work out a partial refund for his irresponsibility in handling them, assuming you are certain the damage was attributable to his negligence.

Hope you fellas can work something out amicably. Boomo must be tired after handling over 100,000 cards and 50,000 emails and comments.
Quote:
He (Boomo) posted on BO that he's not going to even poly "3 dollar autos". Any and every auto should be poly'ed and toploaded. No excuse otherwise.
THESE TWO ARE NWO:
Quote:
I lost all respect for boomo that I might have had before that break. I am glad hes getting trashed on blowout.. and i HATE blowout.
Quote:
oh and why is everyone here so concerned with a wedding ring? So this place is like blowout too? It is ok for certain people to troll and harrass other members? What if I comment on that little brat in Juniors picture? Or on his physical appearance? I guess that makes me that bad guy for defending myself huh?
ADMIN:
Quote:
It's time to end the bickering in this thread.

Next one to strike gets a suspension. Don't care if you are defending yourself or not.

I would buy the self defense line if these weren't words on a message board. Pro tip, they don't amount to much.
I am not pretending the consensus is completely negative. That would be like saying BO is nothing but negative people...
Old 12-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #982 (permalink)

I fail to see how the thread on FCB is any worse than this thread when it comes to negativity.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #983 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
Who are you his babysitter? Or are you the investor?
Well, neither. Actually a friend. Pretty crazy concept huh? Lol, some of you guys are too funny. What are you going to do when you are alone and miserable in a home?
Old 12-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #984 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandmarkSports View Post
Well, neither. Actually a friend. Pretty crazy concept huh? Lol, some of you guys are too funny. What are you going to do when you are alone and miserable in a home?
Apparently busting 50 cases of baseball cards would be one viable option.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #985 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markakis8 View Post
I fail to see how the thread on FCB is any worse than this thread when it comes to negativity.
You missed the point completely. I will explain:

He was pointing out the absurdity of lumping an entire forum as "nothing but negative people", when the majority (of course, not all, since a forum is nothing more than a mish-mosh of individuals) were very respectful and even offered some constructive criticism.

It's much easier to blanket dismiss a whole group, than to actually address and respond to legitimate concerns.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #986 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
B-I-N-G-O!!!
And the break thing was a joke for him to see...If you can find a single point of reference to any kind of break, Ie, where to go, site, url, you are some kind of computer genius...

Doesnt exist
Old 12-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #987 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by markakis8 View Post
Agreed.

It's almost like that was my whole point. Crazy, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
I am not pretending the consensus is completely negative. That would be like saying BO is nothing but negative people...
I am not against boomo at all, but in all honesty, boomo's worst enemy is boomo. His posts here are more damaging to him than anything anyone else has said - and I mean that without any insult at all.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #988 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Agreed.

It's almost like that was my whole point. Crazy, huh?

I am not against boomo at all, but in all honesty, boomo's worst enemy is boomo. His posts here are more damaging to him than anything anyone else has said - and I mean that without any insult at all.
Im not my worst enemy, ive been doing and saying goofy stuff my whole life. what i have not been doing, is attacking people for zero reason, looking for an excuse to makes posts about them, or joining cliques who cannot believe i didnt sleeve 3 dollar autos. Im a goof and have always been, but im also a good person who does not intentionally hurt others. almost no one here can say that as far as im concerned. ( the ones that can, you know i know who you are and love you all )
Old 12-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #989 (permalink)
Banned

and cus i dont need crap from them, it wasnt FCB and it wasnt huodini
Old 12-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #990 (permalink)

Quote:
Im also doing an interview for a podcast tomorrow, hopefully i can be good
What podcast? I'd be curious to hear about your experiences. Thanks!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #991 (permalink)

Quote:
Im not my worst enemy, ive been doing and saying goofy stuff my whole life. what i have not been doing, is attacking people for zero reason, looking for an excuse to makes posts about them, or joining cliques who cannot believe i didnt sleeve 3 dollar autos. Im a goof and have always been, but im also a good person who does not intentionally hurt others. almost no one here can say that as far as im concerned. ( the ones that can, you know i know who you are and love you all )
Old 12-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #992 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Let me say this:

I will be joining Boomo's next 50 case break.

EDIT: BO is no worse than FCB or vice versa.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #993 (permalink)

Who will be the first to do a 100 caser?

Ohhhhhh, what about the entire print run? <mind blown>
Old 12-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #994 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Who will be the first to do a 100 caser?

Ohhhhhh, what about the entire print run? <mind blown>
i always wondered if clowns like bill gates who have the coin, would ever contact topps and say, hey i want all 5000 cases of draft, and then just sit on them. what number would topps need to sell an entire print run to somebody? could they be bought for the right number? if its 500 a case. or 2.5 mil, and u offered 5 mil, would they do it?
Old 12-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #995 (permalink)

I think Boomo is a trustful dude and by all accounts makes good with people when they contact him with a problem that is bound to rise when doing that many transactions.

My problem with joining these breaks is I think there are very few lots that are of good value for the buyer. Sure these seem to be goldmind for the breakers. The auto and color lots are pretty simple math based on the odds. You can crush the odds or you can be crushed but at the prices these were going at even hitting the odds you were going to lose money. I think if you had the chance at the Super or the rarer color with some lot it makes gambling for higher prices worth it. Of course that limits the lots and limits the profit on the breaker (or would each lot go up the amount as the total SUPER and sp lots). Maybe the market will adjust but I think these are bad investments.

I think this would make for good discussion that I would like to hear from those that are smarter than me on the subject, but probably is misplaced in Boomos thread.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #996 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillInDallas View Post
What podcast? I'd be curious to hear about your experiences. Thanks!
im not sure if i can mention the site on here, all the rules and all.
but it will be on itunes. if im allowed to say, i will
Old 12-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #997 (permalink)

oh im not in this for the investment, Im a true gambler but like to think Im a smart one and know when Im up against it.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #998 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator993 View Post
I think Boomo is a trustful dude and by all accounts makes good with people when they contact him with a problem that is bound to rise when doing that many transactions.

My problem with joining these breaks is I think there are very few lots that are of good value for the buyer. Sure these seem to be goldmind for the breakers. The auto and color lots are pretty simple math based on the odds. You can crush the odds or you can be crushed but at the prices these were going at even hitting the odds you were going to lose money. I think if you had the chance at the Super or the rarer color with some lot it makes gambling for higher prices worth it. Of course that limits the lots and limits the profit on the breaker (or would each lot go up the amount as the total SUPER and sp lots). Maybe the market will adjust but I think these are bad investments.

I think this would make for good discussion that I would like to hear from those that are smarter than me on the subject, but probably is misplaced in Boomos thread.
all points valid, but as someone who doesnt just put on a hand puppet show, i directly interact with all my customers and far as i can tell they are just action junkies like gamblers, or fantasy players. i have had 100 emails since the 50 caser asking when im doing reg breaks again. people just love action.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #999 (permalink)

Quote:
all points valid, but as someone who doesnt just put on a hand puppet show, i directly interact with all my customers and far as i can tell they are just action junkies like gamblers, or fantasy players. i have had 100 emails since the 50 caser asking when im doing reg breaks again. people just love action.
I am one of these people. I love group breaks and realize the gamble. But when you add the idea of the aution to the group break there is a point where its not gambling its just stupid. To pay for the base lot for example, the best you are hoping for is to hit more ref/blue autos than the odds allow. There isn't that large payout (ie Red or Super auto) that makes it worth the price (to me).

I have no doubt there are enough bad gamblers out there that you will have no problem making your nut on these each and everytime just don't see myself being able to play along. Which kills me
Old 12-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #1000 (permalink)

Quote:
Let me say this:

I will be joining Boomo's next 50 case break.

I will be as well assuming there are players I want in there. Got outbid on Shaffer and Fontana autos this time around.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
Closed Thread